Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Tax Vaping, Increase Smoking
From a new study:

We explore the effect of e-cigarette taxes enacted in eight states and two large counties on e-cigarette prices, e-cigarette sales, and sales of other tobacco products. . . . We simulate that for every one standard e-cigarette pod (a device that contains liquid nicotine in e-cigarettes) of 0.7 ml no longer purchased as a result of an e-cigarette tax, the same tax increases traditional cigarettes purchased by 6.2 extra packs.

A pod is generally considered equivalent to one to two packs’ worth of cigarettes in terms of nicotine. And in terms of danger, of course, consuming nicotine via cigarettes is far worse. So that’s a huge result.
The war on vaping not only impinges on personal freedom but also likely does more harm than good.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
I got this: "This paper is not currently available on-line. No more information is available." Hope you downloaded a copy.
No, didn't actually click thru to their source study... When I do I see the following message on the study link they're citing:
This paper temporarily withdrawn pending resolution of a permissions issue
So maybe "temporary"?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Link works one paragraph from it below

But the basic thrust of the finding — that there is, in fact, a whole lot of substitution — is consistent with other research on this topic, not to mention common sense and the testimonials of countless former smokers. The war on vaping not only impinges on personal freedom but also likely does more harm than good.

Reactions: LoveVanilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread