Status
Not open for further replies.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
After some quick searching it seems that most would agree coloring e-liquid is an unnecessary step and could have negative health consequences using regular food coloring.

But browsing Nature's Flavors / Newport Flavors I see they offer Natural & Organic coloring.

Any input on these? I'd assume they would be safer than the usual food coloring.

Organic Colors

Natural Colors

They are gluten free, vegan, kosher & organic if wanted.

Nature's Flavors said:
This vegetable dye is also a powerful antioxidant and has many health benefits. Antioxidants from fruits and vegetables have been found to be free radical scavengers which may help prevent cancer, fight heart disease and slow the ageing process.

Ingredients: Water, Plant, and Vegetable Extract

This is the worrying bit, but its to be expected putting any decent quantity of foreign liquid will effect taste...but if it turns a tank full black from heat exposure that is just completely backwards. I'm guessing they are more referring to baking/stove top cooking, but liquid does get exposed to heat so...

Nature's Flavors said:
NOTE: Natures Flavors makes no claims about the suitability of natural colors for any given purpose. Organic colors may not be heat stable and may change their original color at high temperatures. Some colors will impart some flavor on the finished product, and may render unsatisfactory results, others may not hold up well to High-Heat applications. We encourage our customers to begin by purchasing a small sample to test before buying larger quantities. All Sales Are Final.

Does seem expensive, 2 oz is the smallest ($15 natural, $18 organic). But given that a few drops would probably get the desired colors, it'd last forever.

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I think I will eventually give it a try. Just have to wait until Feb as January has been purchase after purchase :p

Need to get my hands on some more flavors to play with any ways.

Not so sure why I want to color my liquids. I guess its the desire to have something that looks as crazy as Pluid but from my own hands.

Looking at their product pictures though, they show the color depth at 3 different dilutions in 75mL. Suppose it'd be better to dilute it into PG or VG first, then mix that in with the other ingredients. Maybe dilute it in some water then that into the PG/VG.

5364-blue.jpg

Last edited:

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Ya, the first one I looked at might be the one you posted the image from (Blue peaks my interest too! :)

It says "Ingredients: Plant and Vegetable Extract Powder", so that does sound fairly safe health-wise anyway, not sure about possible hardware damage though.

Blue Ultra Pure Natural Color [Powder] (Made from Turmeric, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free)

Hmm, I guess we'd probably want liquids? I see three blues, two are powder, I wonder if they are all made from the Gardinia plant flower like the one mentions?

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
I.. looked at these colorings and well, I have a question. Does it make your vape taste better? Does it enhance your experience? or does color just make it "look" cooler?

"Organic" and "natural" doesn't = Safe. Arsenic is natural, doesn't mean its safe to vape.

You just cleaned your body from 4000+ chemicals in a ciggerette, do you really want to add something thats a gamble just because it "looks cool?"
Buy a colored tank if you want to look cool. Thats just my opinion flame away.

Try them if you want but I would steer clear. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread