The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Natural Patina

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by MCCOY300, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MCCOY300

MCCOY300 Senior Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Oklahoma City
    I was wondering, with all of the gorgeous force patina mods on here, if anyone just lets theirs patina with time and use.

I have a fuhattan in copper, with a copper plume veil that I have used for 6 months or so, and it has started picking up different colors, but very slowly.

IMG_1050.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. sgobots

sgobots Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Berlin, Maryland
    I personally love the way that looks! No clean, no care!

3. studiovap

studiovap Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Queensland Australia
    The acid and salt in your skin, not to mention the juice you spill on it from time to time will keep changing the patina, of should I say keep reducing the patina, In my experience any natural patinas take to much time to develop and are rubbed away with regular use.
    The forced patinas are finished with a lacquer to halt and preserve the patina, no way round this if you want to hold it in your hot little hands all day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MCCOY300

MCCOY300 Senior Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Oklahoma City
    that would explain the engraving catching it worse than anywhere else. If I could ever ya know just not fiddle with a mod for more than a couple days maybe lol

5. KentA

KentA Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2015
    Adirondack Mountains
    Natural patina is the best patina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.