Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
Hey thanks a lot, glad my post didn't get left in the dust. At least gives me something to go on. I'm gonna skim through as much of the thread as possible but obviously its pretty daunting. They both sound promising, especially NET. Big ups :)

MVJ's 5 Vegas Cask Strength is pretty much universally liked. I was a fan of the Cohiba Red Dot, La Aroma De Cuba, Gurkha Legend 2001, and CAO Italia. I haven't tried netcom's cigars yet.

MVJ's 5 Vegas Cask Strength is pretty much universally liked. I was a fan of the Cohiba Red Dot, La Aroma De Cuba, Gurkha Legend 2001, and CAO Italia. I haven't tried netcom's cigars yet.

Excellent thats the kind of feedback I was looking for, the stuff thats "universally liked", I mean, among tobacco connoisseurs of course. Now I've got a few to check out for sure. Wish I lived in the US so I could trade off my full bottle of H1N1 for something

also, are there any top notch coffee NET's? I was about to take my chances with Wakonda, but after trying H1N1 and being the odd one out that doesn't care for it, im hesitant. I also wanted to try Ebarons Brasiliero, but seems its out of stock for now

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Excellent thats the kind of feedback I was looking for, the stuff thats "universally liked", I mean, among tobacco connoisseurs of course. Now I've got a few to check out for sure. Wish I lived in the US so I could trade off my full bottle of H1N1 for something

also, are there any top notch coffee NET's? I was about to take my chances with Wakonda, but after trying H1N1 and being the odd one out that doesn't care for it, im hesitant. I also wanted to try Ebarons Brasiliero, but seems its out of stock for now

Two i enjoy are Fresh Ground Mocha Cafe from N.E.T and Sunday Morning from MOV. The first one especially is one of my overall favorite NETs. Wakonda is really not a NET imo, mostly a coffee and vanilla juice.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I'm checking out a bunch of NETs from Black Note. Any of you guys and gals hear about them? What do you think of the descriptions? I haven't dripped anything yet, but I'm impressed with the packaging -- classier than most NET vendors out there. Black Note uses glass bottles and cardboard tubes (think Five Pawns). The marketing is smart. Hopefully the juice inside the bottles is tasty!

Hey Ray!

They were talked about briefly not too long ago. Impressive site, hard to swallow price. I would need some pretty rave reviews from trusted sources or an impressive sale to try them. I may be willing to pay the price for an EXTREMELY impressive Virginia.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I regisitered at Black Note hoping to see a sale show up in my inbox, nothing yet. I should e mail them because I'm curious about their points earned program, anyone else regisiter and know how that works?

I spoke with someone there a couple of weeks ago and he said they don't have any plans for a sale and that their prices are fixed. He tried to justify their prices by claiming that they are unique in cold macerating their tobacco's and having a lab certificate etc ... I explained to him that there are plenty of vendors using cold maceration and that diketones aren't really an issue with NETs and in any case MOV has a lab certificate as well ... Didn't seem too knowledgeable about NETs and other NET vendors ( was probably a sales guy reading from a script).

Edit : I have seen that they have reduced the price from $ 33 to $ 29 now !

Last edited:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... I explained to him that there are plenty of vendors using cold maceration and that diketones aren't really an issue with NETs and in any case MOV has a lab certificate as well ... Didn't seem too knowledgeable about NETs and other NET vendors ( was probably a sales guy reading from a script).

Edit : I have seen that they have reduced the price from $ 33 to $ 29 now !

You should have directed him to this thread, seems like they need to learn about the already crowded NET Market... not to mention some Home-Brewers use the Cold Maceration method. :2c: :vapor:

Two i enjoy are Fresh Ground Mocha Cafe from N.E.T and Sunday Morning from MOV. The first one especially is one of my overall favorite NETs. Wakonda is really not a NET imo, mostly a coffee and vanilla juice.

yes! That's what I wanted to clarify before I pulled the trigger on Wakonda, because after trying H1N1 i was thinking "if this is what they call a tobacco forward juice, they haven't tried real NET". So, thanks for helping me avert that disappointment. Now I have about 5 juices to try, between the tobacco's you guys have recommended and those two coffee's. This will be fun. Ill let you know how it works out :)

QUESTION: Do you suggest the extra strength extract with the Ground Mocha?

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hey guys, so glad I found this 11,000+ post thread, I'll try to tackle it in my spare time. I've been trying to top my ADV of HOL Cigarillo's, and until now hadn't realized that these fluffy so called NET's with a bunch of sweet stuff on top just aren't going to cut it for me. For example, I was terribly disappointed with Nicotickets H1N1, despite it winning the ECF ejuice award's tobacco category. I taste almost zero tobacco from it, and mostly a whole lot of cinnamon. So, as a former cigar and cigarillo smoker, I think I've come to realize I like tobacco itself, without all the nonsense.

I'm looking for a cigarillo type flavor that can compete with HOL Cigarillos: Complex, smokey, woody, smooth, with a touch of sweetness that keeps you hooked. I am also looking for the best coffee tobacco flavor, thats tastefully done, not overly sweet, ADV worthy.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Hi buddy, welcome to Natural Tobacco. I am using Tapatalk here so I will keep it brief.

Your preferred flavour profile sounds a lot like mine so I will make a brief list of vendors which I think you will find satisfied your craving for a good rich cigar profile -

Want2vape - still the benchmark for cigar extractions but these are gunky and you will need good coil dry burning and cleaning management. Try Managua, The Blond, Coffee infused cigar and Alcazar.

Goodejuice - Patriot is a must even though it technically is a pipe blend it really plays like a cigar and that slight sweetness to it will have you hooked.

Naturally_extracted_Tobacco.com - try the 3 Crowns and Yesteryear.

I have recently tried Ethervapes which are more focussed on varietal pipe blends but Confederate seems like a winner. Top leaf and gold leaf, while being pipe blends of virginia and Burley are also exceptional.

Quicknicjuice's Habana Daydream is one of my favorite no nonsense cigar extractions.

Be careful with Myvapejuice. Based on the type of flavor profile you are after which I understand is a rich no nonsense cigar flavor like the HOL products you like, I wouldn't be recommending MyVapeJuice at this time which are more about the nuance and flavor accuracy of a tobacco and not so much about the tobacco presence.

Their pipe blends are wonderful but at last check the vendor was experimenting with a new extraction technique to address customer concern that some of the NETs, particularly the cigar extracts had dim tobacco presence and lacked a bit of flavor. That was my experience too. I have a new batch of the cigar extracts but I am letting them steep. I would wade into Myvapejuice and not swan dive in, the way I did. On the upside, their juices are extremely clean on coils which is the trade off for a lack of tobacco presence. They Also have all day vape qualities about them.

Good luck and tell us how you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
To put it politely, Rip is too over the top, and unwatchable for me.

I found him entertaining but he is definitely geared for a younger audience. He certainly knows sub ohming very well though.

Give me PBusardo any day!

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Hey Ray!

They were talked about briefly not too long ago. Impressive site, hard to swallow price. I would need some pretty rave reviews from trusted sources or an impressive sale to try them. I may be willing to pay the price for an EXTREMELY impressive Virginia.

Hello to you too, Sir!

Total conjecture on my part -- I'm guessing that Black Note is competing in the retail space, where the price is normal. That would explain the slick marketing and packaging. In the SoCal market specifically, NETs can't be found in the majority of most shops. There's an opportunity there, for sure. Compared to local NET vendors True Leaf and Trabuco, Black Note's packaging is more attractive.

On a broader note, I do find the SoCal bubble pretty entertaining. There are so many vapers, shops, and vendors that are only familiar with what's available here. Most vapers I see regularly are unfamiliar with the companies that are often discussed in this thread. On the flip side, several companies that are huge deals in SoCal are rarely mentioned in ECF.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
You should have directed him to this thread, seems like they need to learn about the already crowded NET Market... not to mention some Home-Brewers use the Cold Maceration method. :2c: :vapor:

I actually did tell him that a lot of home extractors have been cold macerating for a long time ! He asked me how i heard about them and i told them about this thread. After hanging up i sent them an email with a link to the first page of this thread where all the NET vendors are listed, to make sure they know they aren't doing anything ground-breaking. He did respond, acknowledging the email and thanking me for the link.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Hello to you too, Sir!

Total conjecture on my part -- I'm guessing that Black Note is competing in the retail space, where the price is normal. That would explain the slick marketing and packaging. In the SoCal market specifically, NETs can't be found in the majority of most shops. There's an opportunity there, for sure. Compared to local NET vendors True Leaf and Trabuco, Black Note's packaging is more attractive.

On a broader note, I do find the SoCal bubble pretty entertaining. There are so many vapers, shops, and vendors that are only familiar with what's available here. Most vapers I see regularly are unfamiliar with the companies that are often discussed in this thread. On the flip side, several companies that are huge deals in SoCal are rarely mentioned in ECF.

I think you are correct. They are probably aiming for B&M distribution. I don't think the lack of NETs at vape shops is solely a West Coast phenomena, i haven't seen any NETs in stores in the NYC area either.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Anyone else enjoying the Rip Tripper drama over on ..................? It's like reality TV, dude shoots himself in the foot while aiming at another reviewer. Reputations about to fall to Obama percentages and lawyers are circling the wagons.

Any one have cliffs on the controversy ? Who is calling out whom and how did he end up incriminating himself ? I am guessing it's about pay-for-review rumors which i have heard not only about RIP but others as well.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I think you are correct. They are probably aiming for B&M distribution. I don't think the lack of NETs at vape shops is solely a West Coast phenomena, i haven't seen any NETs in stores in the NYC area either.

There is not much of a NET presence at my local b&m's in the sw side of Chicago market either. Which is funny as GeJ is about an hour southwest from me while QnJ is about an hour northwest from me. I talk to people at the local shops about NET's and they look at me like I'm doing something weird. Too each their own I say. I even have a friend that has been buying eliquid from QnJ since they opened their shop and he has no idea what I am talking about when we talk about different juices. So I guess we are a real minority in the vape world which is fine by me; never was much for doing what everyone else was doing anyway. Although, now that I think of it, I have jumped off a balcony once because everyone else was doing it...hmmm, now I gots to rethink my whole life :p

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hello to you too, Sir!

I see they lowered their price by $4, it was $33 for 30ml when they were first brought up here. Better, but still a retail price instead of the internet price this NET group is accustomed to. I look forward to seeing how you think they compare to other NET vendors!

Hi buddy, welcome to Natural Tobacco. I am using Tapatalk here so I will keep it brief.

Your preferred flavour profile sounds a lot like mine so I will make a brief list of vendors which I think you will find satisfied your craving for a good rich cigar profile -

Want2vape - still the benchmark for cigar extractions but these are gunky and you will need good coil dry burning and cleaning management. Try Managua, The Blond, Coffee infused cigar and Alcazar.

Goodejuice - Patriot is a must even though it technically is a pipe blend it really plays like a cigar and that slight sweetness to it will have you hooked.

Naturally_extracted_Tobacco.com - try the 3 Crowns and Yesteryear.

I have recently tried Ethervapes which are more focussed on varietal pipe blends but Confederate seems like a winner. Top leaf and gold leaf, while being pipe blends of virginia and Burley are also exceptional.

Quicknicjuice's Habana Daydream is one of my favorite no nonsense cigar extractions.

Be careful with Myvapejuice. Based on the type of flavor profile you are after which I understand is a rich no nonsense cigar flavor like the HOL products you like, I wouldn't be recommending MyVapeJuice at this time which are more about the nuance and flavor accuracy of a tobacco and not so much about the tobacco presence.

Their pipe blends are wonderful but at last check the vendor was experimenting with a new extraction technique to address customer concern that some of the NETs, particularly the cigar extracts had dim tobacco presence and lacked a bit of flavor. That was my experience too. I have a new batch of the cigar extracts but I am letting them steep. I would wade into Myvapejuice and not swan dive in, the way I did. On the upside, their juices are extremely clean on coils which is the trade off for a lack of tobacco presence. They Also have all day vape qualities about them.

Good luck and tell us how you go!

Excellent reply, thanks very much. Its always funny how the picture becomes clearer the more input you get when it comes to ejuice, because its such a subjective thing. Given the shipping times and the cost with the dollar exchange to CAD, I'm not interested in taking huge risks right now, so thanks for narrowing my path even more, I think i've got a good idea what to try out for now, with minimal risk of disappointment. Ill report back once I've vaped some of these bad boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread