Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Well, I bit the bullet and made my first juice purchase in 3 months. I purchased the 'Notebook' from Black Notes.

Being in Australia with international shipping being so expensive and the currency having dropped, I am paying $114 for 60 mls of liquids. I don't think I've ever spent that much before for juices.

This is one order I am highly looking forward to receiving. I will comment on the liquids once I've tried them.

I've enjoyed watching the reviews on YouTube on Black Note's juices. It seems every reviewer gives them a very high rating and practically gushes over them but I did notice none of the reviewers were experienced with NETs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB, I sure hope your order is everything you hoped for and more. That is some really serious money you laid out brother.

Last edited:

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Well, I bit the bullet and made my first juice purchase in 3 months. I purchased the 'Notebook' from Black Notes.

Being in Australia with international shipping being so expensive and the currency having dropped, I am paying $114 Aud for 60 mls of liquids. I don't think I've ever spent that much before for juices.

This is one order I am highly looking forward to receiving. I will comment on the liquids once I've tried them.

I've enjoyed watching the reviews on YouTube for Black Note's juices. It seems every reviewer gives them a very high rating and practically gushes over them but I did notice none of the reviewers were experienced with NETs. Maybe the reviewers don't realize how good NETs can be generally.

Well I've Vaped plenty of HoL and Red Vape, the Black Note line standup very well against them flavour is more subtle, but perhaps also more nuanced. I think the cold maceratiom may play a part. The whole line was excellent for me, be interested to hear your comments and preferences. I like the fact they are all tested for diketones and are reasonably well good to my coils.

Price here in UK is cheaper that Red Vape and slightly more expensive than HoL. Of course they are more expensive than net.com but prices are comparable if not cheaper than other premium juice lines in the UK.

Not made an order from net.com been resisting till I clear out more of the juice drawer. I was told on another forum that the lighter and more cigarette type juices were kinder to coils...any thoughts people?

Am thinking of trying
Big Spirit
Speaking Spirit
Izmir/ oriental
Air cured burley
Flue cured Virginia

The latter three was going to play with mixing to create a Camel type vape. Did hear the Turkish was a cooler killer else would try that.

Anyone know if any of above are coil killers, or others that are not?

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Generally speaking, darker and/ or sweeter liquids gunk coils quicker than lighter and/ or less sweet juices... IMO you'd be wise to try your hand at rebuilding your coils. Whether you use a tank or decide to drip or bottom-feed, it's much easier and cheaper to dry-burn and replace a wick than buying pre-built coils, besides, spaced coils gunk at a slower rate than contact coils (coils that touch each-other).

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
@morningdew
You probably noticed that NET.com is having a sale right now. I can recommend the Big Spirit And Speaking Spirit and NS Dark if you wanted to toss another one in there. The Izmir didn't do anything for me as a standalone. Mixing with something might bring out its potential.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Generally speaking, darker and/ or sweeter liquids gunk coils quicker than lighter and/ or less sweet juices... IMO you'd be wise to try your hand at rebuilding your coils. Whether you use a tank or decide to drip or bottom-feed, it's much easier and cheaper to dry-burn and replace a wick than buying pre-built coils, besides, spaced coils gunk at a slower rate than contact coils (coils that touch each-other).

Thanks yes others have also said lighter the juice etc. I am not interested in building coils etc. understand it is cheaper but happy with convenience of prebuilt coils as I was with pre rolled cigarettes.

Reactions: Sirius

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks. I have excalibur and i like it and i will order more to steep it. It was on Anthonys award list and i think he has a similar taste. There are many juices from the list i like and it will be difficult to me to decide which i will order the next time in bigger bottles to steep for a few months. I like this board very much, because of the experiences of the older members. I am still learning a lot and its funny.

Next i will try the smoky tasty camp fire. Shoud i call the fire departement or should i buy some marshmellos ? I am very excited to try all the juices after a few months. Patriot for example is much better now, but it has not the same strict cigar taste from the first order. I am still waiting for it. At the moment i prefer the darker juices from net. They are a little bit more spicy, but i like both.

I have another question. I think the biggest difference in taste between a real cigarette and a tabacco juice is the bitterness of the cigarette smoke on the tongue. A juice have a sweet or light sweet taste on the tongue because of vg or pg. Are their any flavours to add to a juice which makes this kind of bitterness ?

I think the bitterness in a real cigarette, cigar or pipe comes from combustion, that is, smoke. All the chemicals that are harmful and deadly are responsible for the bite and 'yukkiness' we used to love in smoked tobaccos. However, some of that dryness or bitterness also comes from the variety of tobacco.

Fortunately, many NETs do a fairly good job mimicking that bitterness.

You can think of one variable that determines the taste of a NET running along a continuum which on one extreme is dry and on the other is sweet. Most NETs fall somewhere in the middle. The type of tobacco no doubt plays an important role but some vendors also use additives such as ethyl maltol to sweeten up the mixture. Not all admit that they do it to uphold the purist notions of a NET juice. Vendors like MyVapeJuice, want2vape and Quicknicjuice make some really nice dry NETs with a nice bitter bite.

The drier nets with a bitter bite tend to be cigar NETs generally and burleys and perique. Turkish tobaccos and Latakia are also is fairly dry and have a lovely bitterness. Look for juices that have burleys, Turkish or Latakia tobaccos.

Burley is one of my favorite tobaccos. They tend to be fairly dry with just a hint of sweetness to carry the flavour and some of bitterness to give them a good cigarette like goodness.

NET.com have a good range of liquids that are dry and have a bit of a bite such as sun cured Turkish, air cured burley and the big spirit range.

Jonny what nicotine levels are you Vaping at? The nicotine levels could be a factor as well. When it comes to NETs I tend to stick to higher nicotine and lower wattages. Much of the 'bite' comes from the nicotine and I would guess that vaping NETs with 3 mg nicotine at high wattages changes the experience. Low levels of nicotine really change the complexion and experience of Vaping NETs.

Tobacco and nicotine are inherently integral to the experience of smoking. For new vapers I would advise they stick to nicotine levels that are comparable to the levels of nicotine they got from smoking and also the levels that gave them a satisfying experience from smoking. The vaper can later make adjustments to their nicotine levels as they leave smoking behind and no longer crave that smoking sensation.

I say this with caution because I don't want to encourage the consumption of higher levels of nicotine, but to truly capture the essence and Magic of NETs with the closest approximation to smoking I believe mouth to lung vaping at higher nicotine levels (say 9-12mg) at lower wattages is the way to go. Often it is the nicotine that gives a nice bite and tingle on the tongue and accentuates the flavor of the NET. I don't think it results in higher nicotine consumption anyway. Vaping 3mg nicotine at 50 watts plus gives the vaper just as much nicotine anyway.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I think the bitterness in a real cigarette, cigar or pipe comes from combustion, that is, smoke. All the chemicals that are harmful and deadly are responsible for the bite and 'yukkiness' we used to love in smoked tobaccos. However, some of that dryness or bitterness also comes from the variety of tobacco.

I say this with caution because I don't want to encourage the consumption of higher levels of nicotine, but to truly capture the essence and Magic of NETs with the closest approximation to smoking I believe mouth to lung vaping at higher nicotine levels (say 9-12mg) at lower wattages is the way to go. Often it is the nicotine that gives a nice bite and tingle on the tongue and accentuates the flavor of the NET. I don't think it results in higher nicotine consumption anyway. Vaping 3mg nicotine at 50 watts plus gives the vaper just as much nicotine anyway.

couldn't agree more Anthony! at the higher watts/temps the high nicotine, say 16 to 32 mg., is enough to make one dizzy.
true I get different flavors at higher watts, however I like the lower watts, say 20 to 35, for the true liquid flavors, myself. Vape on friends! :vapor:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
couldn't agree more Anthony! at the higher watts/temps the high nicotine, say 16 to 32 mg., is enough to make one dizzy.
true I get different flavors at higher watts, however I like the lower watts, say 20 to 35, for the true liquid flavors, myself. Vape on friends! :vapor:

When I started to rebuild I kept ending up at .8 ohms. Now, down to .4. My nicotine level had to drop accordingly. In starting to DIY I haven't gone above 12mg (as opposed to the 18-24mg I was at previously with purchased juice.) Flavor and wattage setting still vary a bit depending on the juice.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
When I started to rebuild I kept ending up at .8 ohms. Now, down to .4. My nicotine level had to drop accordingly. In starting to DIY I haven't gone above 12mg (as opposed to the 18-24mg I was at previously with purchased juice.) Flavor and wattage setting still vary a bit depending on the juice.
Saw you jettisoning your Fog Sauce in classifieds. ;) Grabbed a couple on the last day at 3.50. All high nic though so can only use them for mixing. St James Parish mixes well with Boomerdude's Louisiana Red. Petners Pipe plays well with DRY4.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Saw you jettisoning your Fog Sauce in classifieds. ;) Grabbed a couple on the last day at 3.50. All high nic though so can only use them for mixing. St James Parish mixes well with Boomerdude's Louisiana Red. Petners Pipe plays well with DRY4.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Yep, those knocked me for a loop at that level. I'm not getting any takers so I'll probably just do as you and save for mixing. I do like St. James!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina

You can think of one variable that determines the taste of a NET running along a continuum which on one extreme is dry and on the other is sweet. Most NETs fall somewhere in the middle. The type of tobacco no doubt plays an important role but some vendors also use additives such as ethyl maltol to sweeten up the mixture. Not all admit that they do it to uphold the purist notions of a NET juice. Vendors like MyVapeJuice, want2vape and Quicknicjuice make some really nice dry NETs with a nice bitter bite.

The drier nets with a bitter bite tend to be cigar NETs generally and burleys and perique. Turkish tobaccos and Latakia are also is fairly dry and have a lovely bitterness. Look for juices that have burleys, Turkish or Latakia tobaccos.

Burley is one of my favorite tobaccos. They tend to be fairly dry with just a hint of sweetness to carry the flavour and some of bitterness to give them a good cigarette like goodness.

NET.com have a good range of liquids that are dry and have a bit of a bite such as sun cured Turkish, air cured burley and the big spirit range.

Jonny what nicotine levels are you Vaping at? The nicotine levels could be a factor as well. When it comes to NETs I tend to stick to higher nicotine and lower wattages. Much of the 'bite' comes from the nicotine and I would guess that vaping NETs with 3 mg nicotine at high wattages changes the experience. Low levels of nicotine really change the complexion and experience of Vaping NETs.

Tobacco and nicotine are inherently integral to the experience of smoking. For new vapers I would advise they stick to nicotine levels that are comparable to the levels of nicotine they got from smoking and also the levels that gave them a satisfying experience from smoking. The vaper can later make adjustments to their nicotine levels as they leave smoking behind and no longer crave that smoking sensation.

All due respect @AnthonyB I get plenty of flavor from NET.Com lung hitting. In fact, some mornings I actually have that feeling, that I've smoked a pipe or cigar.
[emoji14]

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany

I like the sun cured turkish and the air cured burley very much and i have ordered the fire cured burley, the smoked laktaia, dark fired 2, the AnthonyB rum and much more. I am still waiting. Perique i have only tried from HOL and did not like it. Perhaps it will be better from net.com, because net.com is cooool. Clay is the Walter White at juices, i think.

I am still smoking 5-7 cigarettes a day lucky strike with 0,6 mg nicotine. A few weeks ago i have smoked 40 cigarettes a day. My juices from net.com have 12-16 mg and i vape at 4-5 volt with a aspire k1. I think its a good flavour but its too much for my little burning head. My new order will have only 8 mg. I have recognized that juices are much tastefuller than cigarettes. Cigarettes have to much burning flavour and too little tobacco flavours. I like vaping every day a little bit more than cigarettes. Thank you very much for your advices, its very interesting for me to learn more about juices.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I like the sun cured turkish and the air cured burley very much and i have ordered the fire cured burley, the smoked laktaia, dark fired 2, the AnthonyB rum and much more. I am still waiting. Perique i have only tried from HOL and did not like it. Perhaps it will be better from net.com, because net.com is cooool. Clay is the Walter White at juices, i think.

I am still smoking 5-7 cigarettes a day lucky strike with 0,6 mg nicotine. A few weeks ago i have smoked 40 cigarettes a day. My juices from net.com have 12-16 mg and i vape at 4-5 volt with a aspire k1. I think its a good flavour but its too much for my little burning head. My new order will have only 8 mg. I have recognized that juices are much tastefuller than cigarettes. Cigarettes have to much burning flavour and too little tobacco flavours. I like vaping every day a little bit more than cigarettes. Thank you very much for your advices, its very interesting for me to learn more about juices.

From 40 cigarettes to 6 is a great result and good start.

Let me know what you think of rum rebellion :)

With 12-16 mg nic I tend to stick to 8-9 watts. I am guessing your aspire is using 1.2 or 1.5 ohm atomizers. Therefore try to stick to about 3.8 - 4 volts. No more than that or you will be getting too much nicotine. I also tend to puff every second puff on 12-16 mg or only draw half of it into my lungs and just release some. Drawing deeply 12-16 mg liquid at 5 volts all day will definitely elevate your nicotine levels.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
JohnnyDoe I am still smoking 5-7 cigarettes a day lucky strike with 0,6 mg nicotine. A few weeks ago i have smoked 40 cigarettes a day. My juices from net.com have 12-16 mg and i vape at 4-5 volt with a aspire k1. I think its a good flavour but its too much for my little burning head. My new order will have only 8 mg. I have recognized that juices are much tastefuller than cigarettes. Cigarettes have to much burning flavour and too little tobacco flavours. I like vaping every day a little bit more than cigarettes. Thank you very much for your advices, its very interesting for me to learn more about juices.[/QUOTE]

Keep it up friend. Soon you will be cutting back on the nicotine little by little. After vaping for a while you will, one day, surprize your self by lighting up a cigarette and thinking "this tastes like the ashtray!" Vape on!!

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Yes, it was too much nicotine the last days. I have changed from older clearomizer to the aspire k1 with 1,8 ohm and since than i vape with 4-5 volt. My older clearomizer i have vaped with only 3,5 volt, because they have had a burnt taste on higher levels. The k1 is much better, their is no burnt taste and a very good taste for such a small clearomizer. The hotter vaping is the reason of my nicotine overdose. I like the this warm smoke in cold days and therefore i have ordered only with 8mg. The k1 makes often such a crackle sound. I like this very much. Its music in my ears. I have tried bigger ones like uwell crown with an istick 60tc but i dont like directly lung smoking and the weight. I am puffing also between lung vaping. For example with 3crown its like puffing a cigar, its funny. I am very curious to the new juice from Clay. I think he is vaper who is mixing with a lot of heart and soul.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread