Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
One of my favorite NETs was QnJ's monkey juice (called Proudest Monkey). It was a flue cured tobacco. Flue cureds are very tasty but can be quite harsh after a short stint. So QnJ added just enough banana to take the edge off. You really couldn't taste the banana but it made the juice enduring and quite tasty. I could easily vape that one all day. Sadly, he dropped it from his menu. Another one of my favorites was Goodejuice's Vita Bella. Out of the bottle it would blow your head off. But with some age (for me, like at least three months) it transformed into a beautiful, slightly sweet but very pleasant vape. Best I could tell, it had a vanilla undertone that tempered it. I need to pick up another bottle of that for my "cigar time".

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Never was stated a net, but I remember perhaps a wta?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Definitely not WTA... WTA is not very common even now. It has no natural tobacco extracts of any kind. It's just a well crafted synthetic that many like and that is all.

And just to define what I mean by "synthetic" so it's been said recently... A synthetic is not using any natural flavor from the actual subject it tastes like, those flavors that it is made from, can include other natural flavors in addition to any man made flavorings it may contain. Example, many flavors have flavor notes that taste like cherry, chocolate, coffee, vanilla and others... so when making a synthetic version, natural flavors from those ( and others ) could be used to create the final flavor.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I did not know this. Don't really know what I thought WTA is but I thought it had tobacco alkaloids, live and learn.

Definitely not WTA... WTA is not very common even now. It has no natural tobacco extracts of any kind. It's just a well crafted synthetic that many like and that is all.

And just to define what I mean by "synthetic" so it's been said recently... A synthetic is not using any natural flavor from the actual subject it tastes like, those flavors that it is made from, can include other natural flavors in addition to any man made flavorings it may contain. Example, many flavors have flavor notes that taste like cherry, chocolate, coffee, vanilla and others... so when making a synthetic version, natural flavors from those ( and others ) could be used to create the final flavor.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Another one of my favorites was Goodejuice's Vita Bella. Out of the bottle it would blow your head off. But with some age (for me, like at least three months) it transformed into a beautiful, slightly sweet but very pleasant vape.

Ah, good old Vita bella......:thumb:

• Agree
Reactions: Bronze

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I did not know this. Don't really know what I thought WTA is but I thought it had tobacco alkaloids, live and learn.

You misread what I was talking about. The original post was concerning Bobas Bounty... I was saying it wasn't a NET ( naturally extracted tobacco flavor ) nor did it have WTA.

WTA is whole tobacco alkaloids as you thought... but shouldn't be confused with NET's which are flavor only extracts from tobacco. In fact, WTA isn't even about flavor per se... it's just a method to get the alkaloids extracted which some say help them to put down cigarettes, cigars , pipes and other burning tobacco habits. WTA isn't always helpful for everyones habit, so you have to try it to see if it helps you or not.

Extracting NET flavoring is a pretty simple straightforward process that is relatively inexpensive. The least expensive and probably easiest is just soaking the tobacco in a PG or VG liquid using a heat or cold method. Another method is using an alcohol when soaking and then later you evaporate off the alcohol. Another method is using a CO2 extraction method. None of these extract much if any nicotine and certainly very little if any of the other alkaloids. To extract WTA is another matter entirely, it's based on chemistry techniques which I can only mention and have no info about directly other than having read about it some. As I mentioned, extracting WTA doesn't extract flavor ( or enough to speak of at least ).

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Boomer Sooner, thanks for the information.

You misread what I was talking about. The original post was concerning Bobas Bounty... I was saying it wasn't a NET ( naturally extracted tobacco flavor ) nor did it have WTA.

WTA is whole tobacco alkaloids as you thought... but shouldn't be confused with NET's which are flavor only extracts from tobacco. In fact, WTA isn't even about flavor per se... it's just a method to get the alkaloids extracted which some say help them to put down cigarettes, cigars , pipes and other burning tobacco habits. WTA isn't always helpful for everyones habit, so you have to try it to see if it helps you or not.

Extracting NET flavoring is a pretty simple straightforward process that is relatively inexpensive. The least expensive and probably easiest is just soaking the tobacco in a PG or VG liquid using a heat or cold method. Another method is using an alcohol when soaking and then later you evaporate off the alcohol. Another method is using a CO2 extraction method. None of these extract much if any nicotine and certainly very little if any of the other alkaloids. To extract WTA is another matter entirely, it's based on chemistry techniques which I can only mention and have no info about directly other than having read about it some. As I mentioned, extracting WTA doesn't extract flavor ( or enough to speak of at least ).

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

I have heard many things on BB, but have no clue personally, some say some sort of tobacco extract and even heard of cocoa leaf extract that they weren't suppose to do and that's why the original formula ceased.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
One of my favorite NETs was QnJ's monkey juice (called Proudest Monkey). It was a flue cured tobacco. Flue cureds are very tasty but can be quite harsh after a short stint. So QnJ added just enough banana to take the edge off. You really couldn't taste the banana but it made the juice enduring and quite tasty. I could easily vape that one all day. Sadly, he dropped it from his menu. Another one of my favorites was Goodejuice's Vita Bella. Out of the bottle it would blow your head off. But with some age (for me, like at least three months) it transformed into a beautiful, slightly sweet but very pleasant vape. Best I could tell, it had a vanilla undertone that tempered it. I need to pick up another bottle of that for my "cigar time".
Yes about the banana.
Real Tobacco Extracts offers a Banana Virginia which I like alot. Like most of the RTE juices I've tried it doesn't need much aging nor does it gunk. Very clean.
The Studio has Montage, which is green banana and tobacco (not sure if it's a net or what) which I also enjoy. This is a dark juice and does gunk.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
And about Dragon's Fire.
It's just me. I have this aversion to perfume. When I walk through Macy's, for example, the perfume counter is always on the first floor, and usually at the entrance of the store. It makes me sniff and sneeze.
But also, there's a "perfumey" tinge to many juices, which don't make me sniff and sneeze, but which really put me off. I'd love to know what that perfume taste and smell comes from.
DF is one of those, among many which I get this from. I really wanted to like it. But...

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
And about Dragon's Fire.
It's just me. I have this aversion to perfume. When I walk through Macy's, for example, the perfume counter is always on the first floor, and usually at the entrance of the store. It makes me sniff and sneeze.
But also, there's a "perfumey" tinge to many juices, which don't make me sniff and sneeze, but which really put me off. I'd love to know what that perfume taste and smell comes from.
DF is one of those, among many which I get this from. I really wanted to like it. But...
And once your mind thinks it tastes and smells like something, you can never like it. We bought a nespresso machine and I found a great flavor pod. I was drinking this flavor for well over a month until I read the flavor profile of cinnamon. I never tasted cinnamon in it before, but once it was in my mind, I couldn't drink it any more. I hate cinnamon and every sip tasted like it, but before I knew it was in there, i really liked it....very weird how your mind works...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And about Dragon's Fire.
I always found it interesting how people react differently to the same things. I have no doubt DF is perfumey to you. I got the same affect from a couple vendors. Ahlusion is one of them. I literally sampled every single NET they made back in the day. Had to be more than 20 of them. And every one of them was perfume to me. Couldn't deal with it. The odd thing is Ahlusion was very popular back then. I was very much an outlier when it came to Ahlusion NETs. No one understood me on this thread how I came to the conclusion I did. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And once your mind thinks it tastes and smells like something, you can never like it. We bought a nespresso machine and I found a great flavor pod. I was drinking this flavor for well over a month until I read the flavor profile of cinnamon. I never tasted cinnamon in it before, but once it was in my mind, I couldn't drink it any more. I hate cinnamon and every sip tasted like it, but before I knew it was in there, i really liked it....very weird how your mind works...

I still think DF from the bottle smells like soggy coffee grounds. :)

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I think when we try out a new juice flavor our minds try to compare it to flavors we are familiar with whether it be another tobacco, fruit, bakery, or any other flavor. I think that's just a natural yearning. I remember when I first tried Dragon's Fire back in 2012. As I was vaping it I was neither liking it or disliking it. It was just there. I think what was happening is I was trying to figure out what the hell it tasted like. It was new to me. I think once I subconsciously realized this, I surrendered and just evaluated it for what it was. I remember the second it happened too. I was sitting on my front porch. It was a warmish late summer day, bright sun. a slight breeze. I'm vaping away on it when all of a sudden I said to myself, "This crap is good!" Been vaping it every day since. The Big Thread instructions for newbies was always, Vape It Till You Like It. :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I'm so into my own extractions (cold maceration) that I have a bottle of HHV Gaia I haven't opened yet.
Just checked - made Jan 18, 2018.

I might want to give it a try soon .....

When you brew up a batch of natural, what is the approximate nicotine concentration?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So I've gone through 3 tanks of Boba's since getting it (about 6 mls) on my doggy and when I went to refill last night I found the wick really black and kinda gunky, so I re-wicked.
Is this normal for Boba's?
Its definitely a gunker , more so then any of the hhv nets I vape and it's a non net. Must be the sweetners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread