Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Glad to see this thread going again - too bad, so far the only vendor mentioned who offers VG-only is Highbrow - any others?

Want2Vape's Vapenstein Blend Paris is 100% VG, but it is the only one in that line. I haven't tried it, but it's supposed to evoke some sort of fancy, premium cigarette. I would love to see a review on it from someone who has tried it (hint, hint).

This was a great idea for a thread and has the potential to be a great resource for tobacco-vape enthusiasts! Kudos, Luce!

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I just got my order in from Heather's Heavenly Vapes from their brand new Purity line of extracted tobacco. I'm going to let it steep for a little bit before I write anything.

Here's the catch, just for you jplanet, you can get it in 100% VG. I've tried them out once so far, they're pretty amazing!

Thanks Tezcatlipoca for the kudos! Also thanks for your review! The more people involved with reviews on this thread the better.

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vender: Ahlusion
Liquid: JG Tobacco Blend
Thoughts: Ahlusion extracts from Cavendish tobacco, which is on the sweeter side. There's not going to be a leafy/smoky taste. Added to this is a natural coffee flavor, which you can choose in light or dark (I chose light). The sweetness of the tobacco balances out the bitter coffee flavor. It's a perfect harmony in which no flavor dominates the other. It's definitely a great eliquid when you're looking to switch things up. I highly recommend this.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I am all about the 100% vg, well, thanks in large part to jplanet and Optimo! Luce, what do you recommend from Heather's from what you remember? Had you tried the all vg?

I literally received the package today. I ordered 30/70 PG/VG. I'm going to see how the flavor changes over the next couple days before I review.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Vendor: Want2Vape
Liquid: Vapenstein Blend London
Description: "Bright Virginias, spicy small leaf Orientals and smoky Latakia tobaccos combine in the Doctor's version of the traditional English pipe blend. Dark, deep, robust and smoky, this blend is our love song to tobacco and tobacco loving vapers. The jewel of the line."

Thoughts: When I tried London for the first time, my exact words were "This is a pipe." Honestly, that's what I said. It's not a sweet, subtle, mellow, or aromatic pipe, but it instantly reminded me of camping trips when I would smoke a pipe full of tobacco bought at my local tobacconist while sitting around the campfire talking with friends or by myself enjoying nature. It has been over a decade since I smoked a pipe, but the flavor was so distinct and authentic that it instantly triggered all of those memories and made me feel that I was momentarily reliving those experiences.

If I may digress, the best way I can describe the experience of vaping London is through the Belgian Surrealist painter René Magritte's "The Betrayal of Images."

magritte-ceci-nest-pas-un-pipe-_rene-magritte.jpg

Upon looking at this painting, the first thought that is triggered in the viewer's mind is "pipe," followed shortly by associations the viewer may have with that concept, such as memories of their grandfather, the aroma of pipe smoke, or in my case, camping trips in my early 20's. The pipe is realistically rendered and intentionally placed in an empty field without any other conflicting imagery, in order to encourage free association with "pipe," and whatever other thoughts or sensations are linked to that concept. Some viewers may even experience synaesthesia and actually detect the aroma of a pipe.

Beneath the pipe in cursive, Magritte reminds us that "This is not a pipe." Our subjective minds fool us into believing that we are looking at a pipe, when in fact, objectively, what we are looking at is a stretched canvas to which the artist has applied colored pigments suspended in linseed oil. It is not a pipe. It is a painting of a pipe. A simulacrum.

Likewise, London is not a pipe tobacco. It is a natural tobacco extract with other natural flavorings suspended in a 70/30 PG/VG liquid solution. Like Magritte's painting, it is so realistically rendered, without any interfering signals, that it momentarily convinces me that I am smoking a pipe. This is the most realistic pipe juice I have tried, hands down, smoke and all.

Opinions will probably be split on this juice, with few occupying the middle ground. Fans of English pipe blends will appreciate it, but someone looking for a creamy, smooth aromatic with undertones of vanilla or fruity tartness will probably be disappointed. It is as bitter, leathery, and rich as Joan Rivers, but it is completely authentic. As the description states, it is spicy, smokey, and robust, but I might add that it has nice, slightly sweet finish that brings the experience to a satisfying conclusion.

This is one of my favorite juices, but with that said, I cannot vape it all the time. It is intense, and when I get the craving, puffing on it for 20 or 30 minutes satisfies me. I don't need to experience it all the time, and sometimes I am simply not in the mood to be forced to question my own objectivity versus subjectivity in a Magritte-esqe fashion and risk spiraling into an existential crisis. I keep some loaded up in its own clearomizer so that whenever I want it, I can throw it on a device, vape it for a little while, and then put it away for next time with no fuss. I keep it for special occasions, and it is a reward or a challenge, depending on how I approach it.

When I started vaping, I saw the potential to regain the enjoyment of tobacco that I had started with in smoking cigars and pipes, but lost through becoming addicted to cigarettes. Sadly, I was disappointed by most of the juices that I tried because they fell far short of that potential. London is one of a select few juices that should be the standard to which all other "authentic" pipe and cigar juices aspire.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Tezcatlipoca, when I unearthed this thread I was hoping to see more of this and am already thrilled. Thanks for your review. I think Luceblueboy did an awesome job with setting up the parameters and style for this thread and I get a major kick out of the level of thought in these reviews. It's nice to have a break from all the other juice talk.

p.s. Luce, it is here to stay.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Heather's Heavenly Vapes
Liquid: Huntsman
Thoughts: There's rarely a time that an eliquid blows my mind. Sometimes they're terrible, sometimes they're great, but very few put me in a state of pure ecstasy. Since I started vaping two years ago I've always looked for tobacco eliquids as good as the cigar/pipe tobacco I smoked.

As I first tried Huntsman the flavor was very familiar. I was running through my head all the eliquids that Huntsman tastes like but none came to mind. The next day I was sending my thoughts to Heather's Heavenly Vapes when I remembered the flavor. When I first bought a tobacco pipe I ordered five premium pipe blends. One was called Hunters Blend. Huntsman is not similar to Hunters Blend, it is Hunters Blend. An earthy, woodsy, medium bodied non aromatic pipe tobacco. It's not bitter like the English tobacco but not sweet like the aromatic. I really don't know how else to describe it except that it's one of the best tobacco eliquids that tastes exactly like the real thing.

To my own personal tastes, this is one of the best tobacco eliquids on the market. Period.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thoughts: There's rarely a time that an eliquid blows my mind. Sometimes they're terrible, sometimes they're great, but very few put me in a state of pure ecstasy. Since I started vaping two years ago I've always looked for tobacco eliquids as good as the cigar/pipe tobacco I smoked.

As I first tried Huntsman the flavor was very familiar. I was running through my head all the eliquids that Huntsman tastes like but none came to mind. The next day I was sending my thoughts to Heather's Heavenly Vapes when I remembered the flavor. When I first bought a tobacco pipe I ordered five premium pipe blends. One was called Hunters Blend. Huntsman is not similar to Hunters Blend, it is Hunters Blend. An earthy, woodsy, medium bodied non aromatic pipe tobacco. It's not bitter like the English tobacco but not sweet like the aromatic. I really don't know how else to describe it except that it's one of the best tobacco eliquids that tastes exactly like the real thing.

To my own personal tastes, this is one of the best tobacco eliquids on the market. Period.

Got it, coach! LOL

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Out of curiosity, which vendors use tobacco extracts or tobacco absolute? Which ones make their own tobacco extracts in-house?

If I'm not mistaken, Ahlusion also extracts their own tobacco on some of their line.

I've never DIY'ed or anything so I'm not 100% certain what Tobacco Absolute tastes like, but if it is what I think it is (the heavy tobacco undertone in Backwoods' Backo, for example), I believe Backwoods and Mom and Pop's both use it.

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York

Hi all,

I'm looking for an e-juice for my husband, who formally smoked cigars (Demitasse Davidoffs). I have never smoked cigars so it's hard for me to relate to the taste, so I've been blindly ordering ejuice with descriptions of cigar flavors.
Anyone know the Davidoff demitasse flavor and can suggest an ejuice? I am totally aware that taste is subjective and will keep that in mind, but at this point, I'll just order a few different cigar flavor choices and see what he likes. Thanks for any help!

PS - wondering if Heather's Heavenly Vapes "Huntsman" is more of a cigar or cigarette flavor?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hi all,

I'm looking for an e-juice for my husband, who formally smoked cigars (Demitasse Davidoffs). I have never smoked cigars so it's hard for me to relate to the taste, so I've been blindly ordering ejuice with descriptions of cigar flavors.
Anyone know the Davidoff demitasse flavor and can suggest an ejuice? I am totally aware that taste is subjective and will keep that in mind, but at this point, I'll just order a few different cigar flavor choices and see what he likes. Thanks for any help!

PS - wondering if Heather's Heavenly Vapes "Huntsman" is more of a cigar or cigarette flavor?

If I am reading Luce's review correctly, he is saying Huntsman is more of a pipe tobacco. You are definitely in the right place, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread