Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco - Grand Opening!!![closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Big J!!! Long time brother, you've been missed. Your BB Burley is such a hit my friend, we thank you kindly for the suggestion once again!

So for single varietals I'd have the following suggestions:

Latakia based:
-English Style: 20 TO 25 % Latakia and various combinations of our Air Cured Burley, Virginia, and even perique is often used. Say 25% Latakia, 30% Burley, 15 % Virginia (higher if you want a little sweeter, Virginia is the highest sugar content varietal) and 30% Perique to start. Or bump everything up and get rid of the perique if it's not your thing!

-Balkan style: 35 to 50% Latakia, even higher perhaps, with Burley and Virginia, possibly Turkish as well: start withy 50% latakia, 10% Virginia, 20% Burley and 20% Turkish

NETCOM style: 50/50 Fire Cured Burley and Latakia...it's awesome if you like a bold complex spice! Adjust to your taste

Perique blends:

I love perique with any Latakia, the single varietals or any others we or other vendors offer! I'd start with say 2 or 3 drops of perique to 7 or 8 drops of your latakia eliquid

Va/Per blend: Very popular pipe smoker blend of Virginia(s) and Perique that is starting to gain traction in vaping. 50/50 or really a million combinations here...

Cigarette Style:

Turkish/Camel blend: 50 to 60% Turkish, 20 TO 30% Burley, the rest Virginia

Marb style: 50 to 60% Burley, 20 to 25% Virginia, the remaining 15 % or so Turkish

Just a few leads for ya!

Clay

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey Big J!!! Long time brother, you've been missed. Your BB Burley is such a hit my friend, we thank you kindly for the suggestion once again!

Latakia based:
-English Style: 20 TO 25 % Latakia and various combinations of our Air Cured Burley, Virginia, and even perique is often used. Say 25% Latakia, 30% Burley, 15 % Virginia (higher if you want a little sweeter, Virginia is the highest sugar content varietal) and 30% Perique to start. Or bump everything up and get rid of the perique if it's not your thing!

-Balkan style: 35 to 50% Latakia, even higher perhaps, with Burley and Virginia, possibly Turkish as well: start withy 50% latakia, 10% Virginia, 20% Burley and 20% Turkish

NETCOM style: 50/50 Fire Cured Burley and Latakia...it's awesome if you like a bold complex spice! Adjust to your taste

Perique blends:

I love perique with any Latakia, the single varietals or any others we or other vendors offer! I'd start with say 2 or 3 drops of perique to 7 or 8 drops of your latakia eliquid

Va/Per blend: Very popular pipe smoker blend of Virginia(s) and Perique that is starting to gain traction in vaping. 50/50 or really a million combinations here...

Cigarette Style:

Marb style: 50 to 60% Burley, 20 to 25% Virginia, the remaining 15 % or so Turkish

Just a few leads for ya!

Clay

Clay, this would be good information to include on your website. Folks unfamiliar with blending would appreciate a starting point. That would include most of us.

Also, when you ever get into the merchandise, perhaps you could include syringes and bottles to compliment the blending.

I concur about the Latakia and Burley. Makes for a wonderful blend.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Clay, this would be good information to include on your website. Folks unfamiliar with blending would appreciate a starting point. That would include most of us.

Also, when you ever get into the merchandise, perhaps you could include syringes and bottles to compliment the blending.

Agreed on all. In fact, I think Clay said originally that he would soon post suggested blends on the site, no?

Clay...THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Oh...and I am glad to hear it is a hit. I hope it stays in the lineup because I certainly will order more!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

Latakia based:

Perique blends:

Cigarette Style:

Just a few leads for ya!

Clay

Damn, great info man, just solid. Got me excited to get those single varietals. I won't be buying juice for a month or two, but they are top of my list for next orders.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Bronze those are both great suggestions! I will look into the DIY supplies ASAP, and FYI we are hoping to introduce some other accessory and gear products this year as well. I'm particularly hopeful to have some ePipes and quality rebuildables which are so ideal for NETs anyway. Just have to talk to the right people...

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Done!

Thanks again guys!

Clay

Agreed on all. In fact, I think Clay said originally that he would soon post suggested blends on the site, no?

Clay...THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Oh...and I am glad to hear it is a hit. I hope it stays in the lineup because I certainly will order more!

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Damn, great info man, just solid. Got me excited to get those single varietals. I won't be buying juice for a month or two, but they are top of my list for next orders.

Thanks Jerms, means a lot coming from you fine folks and NET connoisseurs!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey Bronze those are both great suggestions! I will look into the DIY supplies ASAP, and FYI we are hoping to introduce some other accessory and gear products this year as well. I'm particularly hopeful to have some ePipes and quality rebuildables which are so ideal for NETs anyway. Just have to talk to the right people...

Cool! I think offering gear targeted for the NETCOM product would be an excellent idea. Perhaps even kitted for starters. One of the things I have learned with many NETS (including NETCOM) is that the atty needs to be easily rewicked. Let's be honest, NETS can trash attys pretty quickly. Any device that makes wick replacing simple would be a nice fit. Large capacity tanks...not so much. I use a simple Phoenix style atty for my NETCOMs. I microcoil it. It holds about a dozen drops. When the atty goes south I don't have to wait long to vape out what is in it. A simple wick replacement (or rinse/dryburn if using silica) and I'm back in business. And the Phoenix is a cheap device so one could have a handful of them around and dedicate a juice to them if they choose. I'm sure there are some good ideas out there and the NETCOM enthusiasts can provide their input as well. It would seem to me, the less choices, the beter. Just devices you and your customer base thinks is best for your product.

As if you don't have enough work in front of you. :)

How many ohms are you coil in your phoenix? What voltage do you run them at? I'm looking at a Phoenix or an IGO S mini. I use a 1300 mah ego x v3. It goes from 3.0 - 6.0 volts and has an ohm meter. Right now I'm using iClear16s, which are great clearos but I can only vape one tank before it taste burnt. I want to enjoy this juice without burnt flavor and with out dropping all kinds of money on heads for clearos. I would like to know how you are all vaping this wonderful juice. I l

I'm very interested in what devices everyone is using.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
How many ohms are you coil in your phoenix? What voltage do you run them at? I'm looking at a Phoenix or an IGO S mini. I use a 1300 mah ego x v3. It goes from 3.0 - 6.0 volts and has an ohm meter. Right now I'm using iClear16s, which are great clearos but I can only vape one tank before it taste burnt. I want to enjoy this juice without burnt flavor and with out dropping all kinds of money on heads for clearos. I would like to know how you are all vaping this wonderful juice. I l

I'm very interested in what devices everyone is using.

It's around a 1.8 ohm microcoil. I vape it on my mech so the voltage varies. Simple rebuildables (low capacity) are the best route in my opinion. You need to have low capacity because the wick just wont last in a larger capacity tank. The Phoenix or IGO is fine. When you sense the wick is shot, just pull it out, dry burn the coil, and replace the wick (cotton ball is good). EZ PZ.

Cool! I think offering gear targeted for the NETCOM product would be an excellent idea. Perhaps even kitted for starters. One of the things I have learned with many NETS (including NETCOM) is that the atty needs to be easily rewicked. Let's be honest, NETS can trash attys pretty quickly. Any device that makes wick replacing simple would be a nice fit. Large capacity tanks...not so much. I use a simple Phoenix style atty for my NETCOMs. I microcoil it. It holds about a dozen drops. When the atty goes south I don't have to wait long to vape out what is in it. A simple wick replacement (or rinse/dryburn if using silica) and I'm back in business. And the Phoenix is a cheap device so one could have a handful of them around and dedicate a juice to them if they choose. I'm sure there are some good ideas out there and the NETCOM enthusiasts can provide their input as well. It would seem to me, the less choices, the beter. Just devices you and your customer base thinks is best for your product.

As if you don't have enough work in front of you. :)

It's around a 1.8 ohm microcoil. I vape it on my mech so the voltage varies. Simple rebuildables (low capacity) are the best route in my opinion. You need to have low capacity because the wick just wont last in a larger capacity tank. The Phoenix or IGO is fine. When you sense the wick is shot, just pull it out, dry burn the coil, and replace the wick (cotton ball is good). EZ PZ.
How long does it take for the burnt taste when using cotton? How many drops does the cotton hold in these mini rbs? Pulling cotton through the coil sounds like a touchy job, especially with my big hands. I deliver medical supply's and do a lot of driving. I was going to use silica and rinse and dry burn, use hand dryers at the facilities I go to. How often are you NETCOM drippers cleaning/dry burning coils, or replacing your cotton or silica coils?
Right now I'm vaping 18mg. I heard you need to use less nic when you're dripping on rbas, is that true? What nic levels are you drippers using?

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
How long does it take for the burnt taste when using cotton? How many drops does the cotton hold in these mini rbs?
Right now I'm vaping 18mg. I heard you need to use less nic when you're dripping on rbas, is that true? What nic levels are you drippers using?

Gosh, depends on the juice. Some are better than others. I find a cotton ball wick gets me about 1 to 1.5mls of juice before I have to change it. The smaller rba/rda's hold about a dozen drops. Not a lot but more than a traditional dripping atty. You could probably find one with a little larger capacity if you want. I used 18mg nic back before drippers and stayed with it after drippers. You adjust your inhale.

Look up some videos on You Tube to get an idea of how they build and use them.

Gosh, depends on the juice. Some are better than others. I find a cotton ball wick gets me about 1 to 1.5mls of juice before I have to change it. The smaller rba/rda's hold about a dozen drops. Not a lot but more than a traditional dripping atty. You could probably find one with a little larger capacity if you want. I used 18mg nic back before drippers and stayed with it after drippers. You adjust your inhale.

Look up some videos on You Tube to get an idea of how they build and use them.

Yeah thanks, I've seen plenty. I get it and have no doubt I can wrap a coil. I ONLY vape NETCOM juices, the cigarette and single leafs, mostly sun cured Turkish, and I just want to know what wick and wire is working for people, and at what ohm/voltages. We all know this stuff is hard on gear and I'm trying to get maximum flavor with spending the least amount of cash on gear. It's looking like I'm on like 4mil a day...it adds up as you all know.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah thanks, I've seen plenty. I get it and have no doubt I can wrap a coil. I ONLY vape NETCOM juices and I just want to know what wick and wire is working for people, and at what ohm/voltages. We all know this stuff is hard on gear and I'm trying to get maximum flavor with spending the least amount of cash on gear. It's looking like I'm on like 4mil a day...it adds up as you all know.
If you're going to use a regulated mod, you'll need to be 1 ohm plus so your mod doesn't cut out (it has a shutoff if your amps get too high). I like 30ga Kanthal A-1 and make a 10 wrap microcoil with a 5/64ths inside diameter. Yields about 1.8 - 2.0 ohms. But seriously, there are multitudes of setups that work. If you ask 20 people what the best set up is you'll get 20 different answers.

I'm thinking 32 gauge wire with 2mm silica shooting for between 1.8-2.2 ohms. I will order them and report back. I'm pretty sure my 2nd netcom order ships tomorrow...i will run out with what I have before it gets here, I'm scared. After it gets here. have enough iClears and wicks to keep going till my rda gets here...

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
How many volts do you run with the 1.8 to 2.0 coil?

It's really a matter of preference as much as anything. Some flavors start shining at more power and some burn. You will also find that coils from different companies ( as well as those made by users ) will change how you set your voltage to get the flavor you are looking for.

I use wattage since it is more consistant across different ohm coils... for example to get 6w on a 1.8Ω coil... the voltage is about 3.2v and on a 2.0Ω coil it would be about 3.4v for the same power. Depending on the e-liquid... I'll vape in the 6-9w range and usually average in the 6.5-7w for most of what I vape. So on a 1.8Ω coil... I'll be using between 3.2v ( ~6w ) to 4.0v ( ~9w )

Kanger has a recommended voltage chart that they use on their coils... their values are set moderately so you shouldn't burn most juice and also shouldn't be pulling a lot of amps which is safer on the batteries.

1.7-1.9Ω ---- 3.1-3.4v
2.1-2.3Ω ---- 3.4-3.8v
2.4-2.6Ω ---- 3.9-4.2v
2.6-3.0Ω ---- 4.3-4.7v

That range/scale... ends up being in the 5.5w-7.1w range

What BJ just mentioned ( I think, unless his epipes are regulated in which case I'm wrong )... the 3.7v is the nominal voltage of a lithium... but at full charge he is vaping on 4.2v and at almost empty can go as low as 3.3v ( but the flavor probably drops for him at a higher voltage than that, so he may recharge sooner than some may, I know I would recharge at about 3.5-3.6v )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread