Status
Not open for further replies.

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
Just a heads up for all the DIYers who use Natures Flavors...............

Natures Flavors is running a Free Shipping promotion until 11:59 pm PST Christmas day. That will save a bundle as their shipping costs are normally pretty steep!

AAAAAAAAND

Has anyone here tried NF's Organic Caramel Coffee and Tea Flavoring? I adore their Butterscotch 3x and am wondering if their caramel flavor is similar to the butterscotch.

Jellyfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Philly Burbs
...and to the OP, I got my first order from Nature's Flavors in yesterday and one of the flavors that I got (along with the 3X Butterscotch) was the Caramel Cream, so I am hopeful that it is another winner. However, it may take me until the end of the week until I get around to it since I want to knock out a butterscotch first.

Also, I've read where some others that have placed orders with Nature's Flavors also received a free sample flavor with their order. I was greatly disappointed, because all that I got was some crappy tea bags.:blink:

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
...and to the OP, I got my first order from Nature's Flavors in yesterday and one of the flavors that I got (along with the 3X Butterscotch) was the Caramel Cream, so I am hopeful that it is another winner. However, it may take me until the end of the week until I get around to it since I want to knock out a butterscotch first.

Also, I've read where some others that have placed orders with Nature's Flavors also received a free sample flavor with their order. I was greatly disappointed, because all that I got was some crappy tea bags.:blink:

Yeah, getting tea bagged would suck. lol Thanks for your thoughts and I look forward to your review!

Ostinato: I'm sorry I missed your question but I see you have an answer. Happy mixin'!!

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I use butter rum at 20-25% and butterscotch 3x as high as the juice will take.

@jellyfish: try those teas man, I thought the same at first but the nettle tea is SICK and the alfalfa one is pretty banging too. Hope I get some more this time!

I just threw in over there and opted to try out the caramel cream as well; haven't used it but I remember hearing good things from somewhere. I am even more excited to try the rose flavor... been looking for good rose flavoring for awhile and this seems like something NF will hit very well.

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
Just placed my order .. got the Caramel Cream and the Butterscotch 3X .. woohoo on the free shipping today, their shipping charges are normally very high. Have never used NF but it's been on my list to try for a long time. Excited to try these.

What % is everyone normally mixing these at?

OK here's the full scoop:

It varies widely per flavor and also depending on what you like. Butter rum is fairly strong, butterscotch is weak at low dosage, and bavarian cream is the strongest thing on the planet... seriously, 5 drops and the whole 30ml is now bavarian creme flavored. No, it doesn't mellow with steeping. Cake batter requires high dosage but will instantly destroy anything you put it in, creating a paradox that renders it unusable and also makes my brain hurt.

I have tried 4 from NF coffee & tea and all were alcohol based. They will thin out the final juice a lot and add TH... also, you will probably want to let the mixes sit for a few days to mellow out that alcohol base and also to let these babies steep... nf seems to do very well with steeping. If you use high PG mixes flooding will be a concern if you want to go above 20% flavoring... alcohol thins the juice out, too much for a tank at anything above about 22%. Higher VG will let you add more flavor... I haven't had a chance to experiment much with that aspect yet.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I bought some Organic Flavor Extracts on this sale will report back my results. The reason I choose the extracts is it says the difference between extracts and concentrates in clear or cloudy appearance and in some applications stability and I didn't want to vape the extra ingredients that the concentrates have. I also have noted that the few vendors who carry these seem to carry the alcohol based flavor extracts. The flavorings for water many contain stevia which I am no fan of. It is all very confusing and hopefully all work reasonably well.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Ok I spoke with them and they do indeed feel that the flavorings for coffee beans disperse more thoroughly for this application so I changed my order right on the phone. Hope that helps someone else as this very uncertainty is why I did not order before. The nice thing is these come in a one ounce size which is plenty compared to the extracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread