Nautilus Mini and E-juices? Kanger expeerinces and best Kanger tank? Best Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
3 questions that I have at the moment:

I have seen around the site here and around the net, when trying to research on e-liquids, the different variations of e-liquids. There is 50/50, 80/20, max VG, etc. and etc. My question is for users of the Nautilus Mini what liquids can be vaped out of them. My mod is the Eleaf mini. What percentages can be vaped out of them. I am curious because a lot of people when going to the vape store just by juices they think they might like but not getting the right percentage can be frustrating when nothing comes out of the device they just purchased.

Also looking at getting another tank and I am looking at the Kanger series and am wondering which one is the best. (Keep in mind I am not trying to rebuild here.) I am more comfortable just replacing the coils right now.

What is the best tank for non builders? (I know this is going to be a preference thing but I am ready to listen to testimonials on the best tank people have used.)

Thank you and any and all advice is just more knowledge I can put in my bank.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
PG/VG ratio is more a matter of personal preference than what % works in any given clearo.
You can thin high vg liquids with a few drops of distilled water and it will wick fine in any clearo, even a top coil ce4.

Dark or colored and especially sweet liquids tend to clog wicking material reducing wicking ability and cause rapid coil gunk build up.
If you enjoy vaping gunky juices no way around it until you go the RBA route. With an RBA you can remove wicking material dry burn coil re wick & add juice as fast if not faster than you can prime & replace a head in a clearo. (after you get the hang of it)

I know plenty of folks that vape 60 - 80 vg in nautilus and many that use 60 - 90 vg in atlantis without thinning with zero problems.

IMO, the nautilus is the most reliable / 'best' clearo I've used, all delivery devices have a learning curve to find what 'tricks' works best for each individual.

A lot of folks seem to like / have good luck with kanger, just me, I've never had a consistently decent vape from any kanger delivery device so I don't recommend them. The only consistent things any kanger has given me is disappointment & frustration.
Don't let my opinion stop you from trying them, you may be one of those they actually work well for.

IMO, the most important thing is to ensure you're buying authentic products when it comes to clearo's.(whole / parts / pieces & heads)
Check the scratch off security / authentication code on your products via the manufacturers site. If it has been checked before even once you have a fake. Each number is unique to only one whatever it is you're checking.

What power device are these clearo's going to be used on?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I've used the Kanger Protanks/Aerotanks and the only Kanger tank that comes close to giving me a great vape like the mini Nautilus is the new Kanger mini Subtank.

The mini Subtank does come with two coils (1.2Ω and 0.5Ω). But even using the 1.2Ω coil (which your mini iStick could fire) it wont have enough power to produce any vapor. I run the 1.2Ω coils at 6 volts (30 watts).

Have you looked at the eLeaf GS16S tank? I have not tried it but it was made for the mini iStick. Here's a review: Eleaf Mini iStick & GS16S Review

Last edited:

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I use Nautilus minis and Protank II (cooler vape than a Protank 3) and am very happy with them both. It's just a matter of preference. They don't give me the same vape as a Kayfun but I've found I hate doing coils and just don't want the hassle. I save my Protank coils in case the FDA goes full loon because they can be rebuilt if needed.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The three tanks that I have settled on and am currently using is the Nautilus Mini, the Atlantis and the Subtank Mini. I haven't gotten around to building coils yet, although I do have all the supplies, and I just received a 5 pack of RBA's direct from Kanger (I plan on building nickel coils to use with temp control).

Nautilus Mini (using stock 1.8 ohm coils)
- Great vapor production and flavor, best in any non-subohm tank that I have tried.
- Works great if you are a mouth to lung vaper, although with the air control wide open you can also do lung hits
- I use pretty sweet fruit flavored juices and the first coil (when I was using the Nautilus Mini exclusively) lasted me just over 2 weeks.
- I am also using fairly heavy VG juices (80% VG) and it wicks fine, although I do have to remember to take a harder draw to make sure that the juice flows well and doesn't dry hit
- Also with the heavier juices, I don't run it as high, so I generally stay between 9-12 watts. Any higher and the flavor starts to change for the worse as the juice gets overheated.

Atlantis (using stock 0.5 ohm coils)
- this tank burns through juice like crazy
- produces massive amounts of vapor, great flavor
- for the large overall size, it holds a small amount of juice (2 ml). It's the same overall size as the Subtank Mini, but holds half the amount of juice
- for a subohm tank, the vape is surprisingly cool even if you chain vape, although the tank bottom itself does heat up if you chain vape
- no problems running high VG juices through this thing
- the smallest air hole is good for mouth to lung, wide open for lung hits
- I do prefer a cooler vape, so I run this at 25 watts. I've tried it as high as 30 watts, but the flavor starts to change on me
- Only have been using this for 2 days, so not sure how long the coil will last me.

Subtank Mini (currently using stock 0.5 ohm coil)
- vape runs pretty hot (I have to run it wide open at lower ohms to fit my preference, also taking shorter draws)
- really difficult to do mouth to lung hits with this, even at the smallest air opening
- vapor product is pretty good (about on par with the Nautilus for me), flavor is excellent (about equal to Atlantis)
- tank runs much louder than the Atlantis (the sizzle of the vaporizing juice is much more audible)
- no issues using high VG juices
- I run this at around 20-22 watts. Any higher and the vape becomes too warm for me and the flavor begins to change.
- using menthol based juices or juices with a hint of menthol helps with this tank since the menthol provides a cooling effect
- goes through juice much more economically than the Atlantis

Overall - If I had to choose one tank, I would go with the Atlantis. One complaint, if you could call it a complaint, is that the Aspire tanks tends to give a "wetter" vape. This is especially true with the Nautilus. A considerable amount of condensate will form so whenever I refill it, I need to remove the drip tip and wipe down the bottom of the drip tip and the hole where the drip tip is inserted, otherwise a drop or two will leak out when I turn it upside down to refill it. I've only ever used the BVC coils with the Aspire tanks, so I can't compare them to the older style BDC coils, but I absolutely love the vapor and flavor production from the BVC coils. The Subtank does come with an RBA, so if you're into rebuilding coils there's that, but there is an aftermarket RBA that supposedly works with the Atlantis, and based on the Youtube videos, it appears that the Nautilus and Atlantis stock coils are pretty easy to recoil as well.

I currently have the Nautilus Mini on an iStick 30, the Subtank Mini on an iStick 50, and the Atlantis on a SX Mini M Class. I use the Atlantis and the Subtank about equally about 40-45 percent of the time each, and the Nautilus Mini the remainder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread