Nautilus Mini Broke for the 5th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
You guys probably have seen early posts from months ago about the constant base rusting and falling apart. This has now happened the 5th time. I had to dump out a whole tank of ejuice and now I have no base again. This is absolutely unacceptable and proves the nautilus mini is China made garbage even if it works well. The thing has a lifespan of 1 month before rusting. Does anyone else have this problem?

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
No.

Where did you order it from? I had one for 3 months and now my girlfriend has it. It has never ever showed rusting of any kind.

Do you clean it regularly? Change out the coils when they need it? Also try blowing in the top part of the base to get all the moisture out of it.

How do you clean it?
I wash the base under water for about 10 seconds and then do a few big blows on it to dry the inside off. I dont understand how no one has this problem. I clean it every day, I rotate between 5 coils and 5 different juices every day so it requires everything be clean per day its used.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
Never had that problem, sounds really frustrating, I'm sorry. Mine has been good for 8 months or so, but it doesn't get as heavy usage as yours does.
Ugh wow this makes no sense. It seems I am the only one. I mean I would just upgrade to atlantis v2 and istick50w but Id be wasting so much money since I bought a mvp2 like an idiot and 2 batches of 5 bvc mini nautilus coils. I am going to end up bankrupting myself.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I have no experience with it, but my friend that's in the Army. She started vaping 6 months ago with a Nautilus mini in her daily rotation. When we talk she's never mentioned problems at all with hers. When she comes home once a month I look at it to make sure all is well and it's always perfectly fine. I wish I had more experience with the nautilus to be able to help more.

Reactions: kingraptor724

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
If the inside of the packaging where the tank sits when you opened it up was a black velvet like material, then it's a fake. I have had mine for ages and this has never happened. Are you buying from the same company? Also if the logo on the back is gold, that is also a fake. Also the drip tip is brushed metal, not shiny like a genuine one should be.

A fake my wife bought

2jfmyvk.jpg

Last edited:

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
I have several Nautilus Minis, they're about the only tank I use anymore. Been using them for almost a year and no problems or rust. I clean mine once a week, soak in hot water with dish soap for about 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and let them air dry. Maybe washing yours everyday is too much? Not sure, sorry you're having trouble, I find them to be the best tank I've tried.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
what flavor are you vaping? My sister only vapes one of my DIY's. It is called fire-n-ice. When she brings her coils to be rebuilt they seem to have rust on them. It isn't actually rust but are the color of rust and are really hard to clean. Her juice has cinnamon, menthol and koolada for the cooling effect in it.

All this to say, it could be the juice you are using that is causing the problems.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I've had mine for 7 months and no rust. I've dropped it in the sink while shaving and once in a puddle of rain while running to the car. In what manner did it break? I've heard that if you disassemble the airflow control it's extremely hard to put back together. I've had stainless kitchen knives for 12 years that get used almost daily and have never seen rust on any of them. Very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread