The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nautilus RBA Rebuildable Coil Head

Discussion in 'iVapour UK' started by Toby, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    [​IMG]
    Nautilus RBA Rebuildable Coil Head

The VVTF Nautilus RBA Deck is the world’s first newly designed Rebuildable Atomizer Coil Head made for the Aspire Nautilus & Nautilus Mini tank clearomizers.

Compatibility: Aspire Nautilus, Nautilus Mini and Beyond Vape Silo
    (We feel pretty sure that it s not compatible with the Triton Mini, as it looks like it will flood.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wheats

Wheats Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    Sweet! Excited to try it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    Ordered and shipped. Patiently waiting.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Let us know a.s.a.p. how it performs. :vapor:

5. Nimaz

Nimaz Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    Great news! Thank you for the update... I've been spending quite some time rebuilding my Nautilus mini coils and since I received my Kayfun, I retired that tank I really like. Back to the game Nautilus!

6. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    Ok! shipping! Super fast! When I got home today at 4pm they were sitting in my mailbox.

Package comes with two screwdrivers, extra rubber rings, extra screws, 2 coils and cotton.

Sat down to pop a coil in to test it out and wholly bejebus! Couldn't manage to get a coil in it! So tiny! And the screws are the size of fleas. It took 45 minutes and 10 tries to finally trap one of the leads. Couldn't get the other one down. It seems the screws don't trap the wire that well. Had to put it down for a while. Will try again later.

7. Nimaz

Sep 20, 2015
    I ordered a couple of them... still waiting. I hear you with these tiny screws. They are a pain in the... I experienced that with other rebuildable coils. You'll get your hand on them eventually. I'm just worried about the Ti coils that I am buiding though. Also, I've been rebuilding the commercial coils for the Nautilus Mini with some success.

8. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ

I haven't done any Ti yet. But this morning I had some time and got it built with the stock coil. [​IMG]

Time to wick and commence testing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    So, looks like it is not properly sized to fit in the nautilus mini as advertised. There is quite a gap between the bottom and the glass.

[​IMG]

Boo. It vapes. But I am not comfortable with the gap.

I'm done with it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nimaz

Sep 20, 2015
    Looks pretty good! So you have about 6 wraps of ~26 gauge Kanthal I am guessing. I can see the gap you're mentioning. As I said, I rebuilt some of the commercial coil. I used 7 wraps of 29g Kanthal coils @ ~2mm inner diameter, ~1.8 ohms. I also used Ti coils at 0.4-0.5 ohms. Some were like you said, just vaping others were pretty good. Just a real pain to pack together. I'll give the RBA a try when I got mind in hand and get back to you.

11. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    As for wraps. I used the coil it came with. Probably 30ga kanthal. 6 wraps. I can't imagine the screws able to pin down anything thicker than 30. I have to say the couple of hits I took on it were superior than a stock head. But given that gap I can't go for that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nimaz

Sep 20, 2015
    30g is pretty thin... I faced these tiny screws issue before wondering why struggle with such engineering dismissing the basic convenience. I just pulled out a re-built Ti coil from a commercial head for my Nautilus mini and it works, actually better than my Kayfun current built... I'm still waiting for my delivery. I will get back once I'll getting to it.

13. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ

My thoughts are: the premise of the product is to be compatible with the nautilus mini tank. If product fails to allow the nautilus tank to be sealed properly then the product has failed no matter the wire Ga, coil wraps, ohms. Right? I mean who really wants a product that is hard to build and will eventually dump juice all over the place? Not me.

14. Nimaz

Sep 20, 2015
    I agree with your statement. I was pretty exited at first though and I will certainly return the devices if I confirm that they fail the premise. Thank you for your feedback.

15. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    It now comes (as of today) with a thick top seal included for use with the Mini Nautilus (see video).
    The seal / washer is inserted at the top between the glass and the metal bell housing.

If anyone who bought the Nautilus RBA from us that didn't get one of these extra seals for the Mini Nautilus, and requires one, please contact us to be sent one FOC.

16. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    Thanks. I will contact. Any advice on building? Had a hard time trapping the the ends under the screws.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nimaz

Sep 20, 2015
    I'm afraid that I got my sets from the supplier which published the pictures shown in the original thread... I'm letting it go for now.

18. Wheats

May 11, 2014
    Union NJ
    Well I got my seals in the mail. When I get some time I'm going to revisit this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nimaz

Sep 20, 2015
    I've finally received minds, 2 of them with the seals a couple of weeks ago... I found these disappointing because I have constant liquid leaks through the air hole... Liquid in my mouth to start with so I put it away since then... Staidly on my Kayfun. Looking at my built Nautilus Mini now and no gap at the base but still gurgling puffs. I may be missing something but no satisfying at all from my angle. The factory coils that I rebuilt worked much better so far. Please, tell me if you have better performances. I'm thinking that I may need to push the wick down the side holes to prevent the deck over floating ...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    Try putting the wire in there in the opposite direction so when you tighten the screws its not pushing the wire out from under the screw. Hope that makes sense.☺

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.