Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi,
I'm fairly new to both vaping and ECF (which has proven to be a wonderfully informative resource for me.)

What I do is regularly search to find the info I need.

The search displays the numerous threads which contains the search term, and many of the threads will have several pages.
Fine and good.
If I click on a specific thread, and then read through its numerous pages, the only way I can figure to get back to the page with my search results is to hit the back button for as many times as pages I have read in that particular thread. Because, the navigation thread at the top will show the thread path for that particular thread, rather than the results of my search.

This is hard for me to verbalize, so my last paragraph may not make any sense.
What I'm really asking, in a different way, is: perhaps I'm missing it, but there ought to be a "back to search results" option.
Is it there somewhere?
Thanks,:oops:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Not sure if there is an option like what you describe. Are you browsing on a computer or a mobile device? When I browse search results on my laptop, if I open anything I'll do it in a new browser tab (either center-click or right-click and select "open in new tab"). This keeps your search results open to easily get back to. I don't do much mobile browsing, so I can't offer any suggestions for that platform

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yeah, I looked and can't see any link to return to search results. What that means is that it's probably not a feature that is natively in vBulletin. ECF is already a heavily modified instance of vB, so coding something extra in is made extra difficult because of all the other modifications already made (change one little thing and it tends to snowball into a lot of unintended consequences elsewhere ;-) )

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Moved to Site Feedback and Help from Forum How Tos

With your back arrow/button...is there not a drop down to chose where you want to go if you hold it ?

Or am I missing what you are asking ?

That'll work if there aren't more pages in the thread than there are "history" lines in the drop down menu. I think that you aren't missing what I asked. Just that I figured there might be a "return to search results" option which I may have missed in my newness, and which technically and functionally would be more "elegant." But, not a big deal.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread