Status
Not open for further replies.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
1. Chantix has killed more than a few people. Why no outrage on the part of the doctor? With those who did not die from using the product, many did not successfully quit smoking.
2. A closed system like juul does not represent the entire industry.
3. Open systems allow the user to reduce their nicotine, as they so desire.
4. As each day progresses, it is becoming more and more clear that the vast number, if not all, of the hospitalizations and deaths are from people using adulterated THC, mostly from the black market, but some also from legal dispensaries. THC has nothing to do with nicotine e-cigarettes, whatsoever.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+ 1 to @Horselady154 and @kates The host said "in my opinion" and that is all it is. We all know that he didn't do a deep or extensive amount of research. Only closed systems (nonrefillable) like the tobacco-owned JUUL uses the really high nic juice that the host spoke of. The refillable open system vapes like most brick and mortar vape shops sell use much lower concentrations of nicotine, and the concentration can be decreased over time to none and vape no-nic flavors or quit vaping entirely. For myself I have "switched" as the host implied, but that is my personal choice. I use the most minimal amount of nic, about the equivalent of a regular coffee drinker using caffeine. Chantix has been attributed to over 3000 serious health problems, 500 suicide attempts, and 50 deaths. Vaping is twice as successful as nic gum or the patch. No combustion (no smoke) means that vaping is 95 per cent safer than smoking. So no smoke reallying is quitting smoking. No one is saying vaping is 100 per cent safe. Statistically its way safer than Chantix when you factor in the bad side effects, suicide attempts, and successful suicides.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Yup, helping people switch, to a far less harmful delivery method, where is the harm in that. to those that don't understand:
images

bang bang Maxwell's silver hammer...

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
That's the one that really gets me - 'you havn't quit smoking'. It's like telling an alcoholic that they havn't quit drinking because they still drink orange juice. Pathetic and ignorant.
Kombucha might be a better analogy. Technically has some alcohol in it (a minute amount - technicality). I drink kombucha from time to time. I dare them to say that I'm a drinker :D

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I found nothing of value on that page. (NBC)
The "Dr." is a shill.
Remember "doc", nicotine is less harmful than caffeine and addiction is not a bad word.
Well, in my opinion, addiction ain't a good word, either. lol. But, it is what it is and vaping nicotine is one heck of a lot healthier for me than smoking the cigarettes that I used to.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A better analogy is a person who uses illegal injectable opiates (can't say the real name, but you know) and switching them to medically assisted therapy with things like suboxone and methadone isn't quitting either. Except with switching they can lead normal lives without risk of multiple medical problems and overdoses associated with shooting up. More puritanical BS, and and insult for someone in the medical community to take that sort of stance.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
A better analogy is a person who uses illegal injectable opiates (can't say the real name, but you know) and switching them to medically assisted therapy with things like suboxone and methadone isn't quitting either. Except with switching they can lead normal lives without risk of multiple medical problems and overdoses associated with shooting up. More puritanical BS, and and insult for someone in the medical community to take that sort of stance.

Methadone isn't a trade its a medical assistance to quit by reducing dosage so there are less physical withdrawal symptoms that can be quite dangerous. Its a program for addiction, not the substance.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Methadone isn't a trade its a medical assistance to quit by reducing dosage so there are less physical withdrawal symptoms that can be quite dangerous. Its a program for addiction, not the substance.

Not sure I follow. Why is it a program for addiction and not the substance? Also, many methadone users never lower their dose to wean off and remain on it indefinitely and that is acceptable, if not optimal, from a harm reduction perspective. The same is true with suboxone, The recidivism rate with weaning off is quite high, and so resuming treatment extremely common.

I'm just try to understand your differentiation of a program for addiction not from substance.

Last edited:

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Not sure I follow. Why is it a program for addiction and not the substance? Also, many methadone users never lower their dose to wean off and remain on it indefinitely and that is acceptable, if not optimal, from a harm reduction perspective. The same is true with suboxone, The recidivism rate with weaning off is quite high, and so resuming treatment extremely common.

I'm just try to understand your differentiation of a program for addiction not from substance.

You seem to know alot about it... Its use is different in each country. In the UK they also prescribe pharmaceutical H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread