Status
Not open for further replies.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
sorry had to make new topic. how am i suppose to solder to that tiny ground thing on the ncp5667? i think i heard that the whole metal piece was ground so if its true can i just solder to the back of it so i have more room?
on the ncp5666. can i just use pin Vin, ground and Vout and ignore the other two? its too complicated for me...:oops:
thanks in advance!

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
:D i got it to work. but now i fried 2 LED's trying to hook it up. i was connecting the positive wire LED to the same ground on the back of the regulator and wrapping the resistor to the negative wire hooked to the switch. what am i doing wrong?
i'd leave it with no LED if wasnt for the whole i drilled on the box :(
maybe if i had a madvape sticker to cover it up...

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
:D i got it to work. but now i fried 2 LED's trying to hook it up. i was connecting the positive wire LED to the same ground on the back of the regulator and wrapping the resistor to the negative wire hooked to the switch. what am i doing wrong?
i'd leave it with no LED if wasnt for the whole i drilled on the box :(
maybe if i had a madvape sticker to cover it up...

I'm no electronics genius but I always thought the resistor should go before the positive lead of the led.. Otherwise you'd have vcc at the positive of the led and then 1.2v after the resistor.. I'd think you'd want the voltage drop before it hits the led..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread