Neat little tank accessory

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
If you like using any of the various carto tanks, then you'll love this little accessory...

Tank Filler

You remove your driptip from the top of your tank carto, replace it with the filler, and slide your tank up. Then you can fill your tank without having to angle it or use a syringe or specialty bottle. Any old bottle will do. You won't have to worry about flooding your carto by accident either. It makes filling a tank to the top a breeze.

They are apparently made by Siam-mods, the makers of the Cube mods. I haven't seen these anywhere else yet, but it's possible other vendors may carry these.

At $3.99 a piece, they may seem a bit over priced for what is essentially a chunk of delrin rod with an o-ring on it. But once you use it, you'll find it's actually a neat solution for a relatively minor task.

I've tested it with several different tanks and so far only one failed to play nice with the filler. Only the chrome capped Smoktech tanks refused to work. They were just too tight to slide over the filler. The VPX and MAP tanks worked perfectly, as did the black plastic Smoktech capped tanks.

Hope this helps.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just got one of these from the Phiniac tank site. I've used it 3-4 times now for tank refills and it seems to work well. There's a little learning curve about how far out of the tank to pull the carto in order to create a large enough gap for the juice to drip in. Some of the thicker juices will just well between the top endcap and the filler if the hole created is not big enough.

All my tanks at the moment are the newer Smoktech DCT, and as you said the fit can be tight for the tank filler tool. Lubricating it with some juice helps, and make sure the device is inserted tightly in the carto or it could get loose and be trapped inside the tank.

That said, using the device makes filling a tank much easier than without. It should eliminate accidentally getting juice in the carto's airhole when trying to get it into the tank. Very worthwhile accessory for tank users.

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Since writing this, there have been a few additions to my kit....

Siam mods has updated their tank filler. They made it longer to deal with the thicker liquid issues. They also added a notch that mates up with the o-ring on the inside of your tank's top cap. Makes filling by feel in low light easier. It also has a slightly smaller diameter than the original. The new design works with all my tanks now (VPX, MAP, and Smoktech. Both chromed and plastic).
New Extra Long Tank Filler

I also came across Big Daddy Vapor's tank filler adapter. They are a completely different design and are available in heavy duty stainless:
Stainless Steel Slap Yo' Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter [SYMSS] - $12.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

...and also in a durable, more economically priced delrin:
NEW Delrin Slap Yo' Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter [SYMD] - $7.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

I have been using all three types along with my original Siam mods filler. They are all great in my opinion, and each makes filling tanks much easier. I don't need to drill a feed/fill hole in order to get my tanks almost completely filled with only a teeny tiny little air bubble.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Update to my previous comment in this thread. I have the newer Siam mods tank filler tool. It had been serving me well, doing what it was meant to do. I had begun punching my own cartos, and one of them turned out somewhat deformed from the puncture. I hadn't really noticed the deformity, and while inserting the carto and tank tool thru the metal end caps of my DCT it got stuck. I ended up needing to force the carto thru by pushing it hard against the wall. The tank tool also had become stuck in the bent carto. It took a good while to pry it off.

This got me thinking about that other tank tool, the Slap-Yo-Mamma. I ordered the stainless steel version, believing it would be more durable and tough. It is shaped entirely different from the Siams mod tool, with a sort of skinny little handle at the end.

Since using the S-Y-M tool, I prefer it over the Siam Mod/Phiniac tool. It's design is more user friendly. It's shape allows for a larger space for dropping in juice, and the little handle is easy to grab (unlike the Siam mod) and pry off of a carto when finished.

View attachment 121064 View attachment 121066

These handy little devises really earn their keep by making juice refills easier, helping to prevent 0-ring damage from sharp carto ends, and blocking juice from getting into the air tube in cartomizers during tank refills. They can cut your refill times by half. Big thumbs up.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread