NEBOX - My Thoughts - Do You Have One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
So I have been using it for a while and typically I am a power user all the way. My everyday setup is a Hohm Wrecker and Crown, 90 watts and sometimes higher. The thing is (like many people) I need something stealthy for work. It can't leak because I am usually in dress slacks and that would be mess.

I have been using a EGO One battery and Subtank Nano and I think I found a more powerful, but still tiny replacement in NEBOX (especially when I travel for work). I don't think it is perfect by any means and I will share some pics below for those who like to know as much as they can before they get one, but these are my plus and minus after using it for 4 days.

What I like...

1. The size and weight are extremely acceptable
2. 10ML capacity, so much better than 3ML on my Nano
3. Did I mention 10ML?
4. The new coils, they taste better IMO, nice size juice holes and good power (50 watts)
5. I LOVE that my stash of old coils work in this (obviously deliberate and kind of Kangertech)
6. Pass through/USB charging
7. I like that it is plastic and won't scratch up as bad in my pocket
8. Cloud production is excellent

What I don't like...

1. Screen is rather small for dual lines of text
2. Buttons should have + and - on them, it just something I can't ignore / pet peeve
3. Buttons +/- could have been a tad larger, tad bit further apart (they are sized and spaced for child fingers IMO)
4. That I had to find a coin to un-screw the battery cap (industry does this type of cap often) it's just me
5. The way I want to hold it, every instinct I have, my internal balance of weight in my mind on what feels like the right way to vape it puts my pinky over the air hole.
5. (PART II) Yes, I could put it the other way, but it does not feel natural and my nose hits the mod
6. Efficiency..it does not seem to last all that long, but acceptable

What I understand because of 1 battery, but so so on...

Why 60 watts? Why not make a coil that can compete with a little more power? I really feel this should we should be at least in the 75 watt range. If I want to charge it more often for a more powerful vape give me the choice.

The other thing is if I drop it and the tank cracks that is all she wrote. With progress comes set backs.

That's my thoughts thus far. I can really see this is a great option for anyone with a long commute or evening at the bar.

Do you have one? What do you think?

I was lucky enough to get one rather early from healthcabin.net, they are a forum sponsor here (if you own a shop or need a supplier) these folks are super nice people.

I always say you should always go physically hold a product at a shop before you buy, but for $50 range this is not going to break the bank to try it out.

WP_20151107_002.jpg

WP_20151107_003.jpg

QUICK FACT.jpg

WP_20151107_008.jpg

WP_20151107_007.jpg

Side by side with the 150 watt VPARK

WP_20151107_017.jpg

Last edited:

jlb

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2015
I need something for going back to work myself. I think this could be an option. My job doesn't allow for me to keep it in my pocket since I work on machines and it's very physical and also have to have several tools on me at all times. But I think I could just toss it in my work bag without the concern for scratching and seems the tank is fairly well protected. My biggest concern with it is cleaning. I like to change flavors up and from what I've seen, you cant remove the tank. So with that, rinsing it out might be a challenge since your battery compartment and board are right there. On the fence, but know I'll need something since I've been out for back surgery for 4 months and that place will drive me crazy.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I need something for going back to work myself. I think this could be an option. My job doesn't allow for me to keep it in my pocket since I work on machines and it's very physical and also have to have several tools on me at all times. But I think I could just toss it in my work bag without the concern for scratching and seems the tank is fairly well protected. My biggest concern with it is cleaning. I like to change flavors up and from what I've seen, you cant remove the tank. So with that, rinsing it out might be a challenge since your battery compartment and board are right there. On the fence, but know I'll need something since I've been out for back surgery for 4 months and that place will drive me crazy.

You know the cleaning part is a good point. Perhaps a softer gun cleaning brush and alcohol would be the best bet. If the battery is in place and sealed up I don't suspect water will get in that way.

Maybe down the road we will see stuff like this but more modular that comes apart, but keeps the look. I would love to see a big boy one of these designed to go head to head with 150 watt mods and tanks.

Last edited:

Trexer

Oct 7, 2015
So I have been using it for a while and typically I am a power user all the way. My everyday setup is a Hohm Wrecker and Crown, 90 watts and sometimes higher. The thing is (like many people) I need something stealthy for work. It can't leak because I am usually in dress slacks and that would be mess.

I have been using a EGO One battery and Subtank Nano and I think I found a more powerful, but still tiny replacement in NEBOX (especially when I travel for work). I don't think it is perfect by any means and I will share some pics below for those who like to know as much as they can before they get one, but these are my plus and minus after using it for 4 days.

What I like...

1. The size and weight are extremely acceptable
2. 10ML capacity, so much better than 3ML on my Nano
3. Did I mention 10ML?
4. The new coils, they taste better IMO, nice size juice holes and good power (50 watts)
5. I LOVE that my stash of old coils work in this (obviously deliberate and kind of Kangertech)
6. Pass through/USB charging
7. I like that it is plastic and won't scratch up as bad in my pocket
8. Cloud production is excellent

What I don't like...

1. Screen is rather small for dual lines of text
2. Buttons should have + and - on them, it just something I can't ignore / pet peeve
3. Buttons +/- could have been a tad larger, tad bit further apart (they are sized and spaced for child fingers IMO)
4. That I had to find a coin to un-screw the battery cap (industry does this type of cap often) it's just me
5. The way I want to hold it, every instinct I have, my internal balance of weight in my mind on what feels like the right way to vape it puts my pinky over the air hole.
5. (PART II) Yes, I could put it the other way, but it does not feel natural and my nose hits the mod
6. Efficiency..it does not seem to last all that long, but acceptable

What I understand because of 1 battery, but so so on...

Why 60 watts? Why not make a coil that can compete with a little more power? I really feel this should we should be at least in the 75 watt range. If I want to charge it more often for a more powerful vape give me the choice.

The other thing is if I drop it and the tank cracks that is all she wrote. With progress comes set backs.

That's my thoughts thus far. I can really see this is a great option for anyone with a long commute or evening at the bar.

Do you have one? What do you think?

I was lucky enough to get one rather early from healthcabin.net, they are a forum sponsor here (if you own a shop or need a supplier) these folks are super nice people.

I always say you should always go physically hold a product at a shop before you buy, but for $50 range this is not going to break the bank to try it out.

View attachment 504136
View attachment 504137
View attachment 504138
View attachment 504139
View attachment 504140

Side by side with the 150 watt VPARK

View attachment 504159
I have a nebox and i realise i couldnt dry burn it when building a micro coil so i have to use another mod and subtank mini deck to dry burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread