Ned's Loong Totem replacement batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I received my L. T. shipment yesterday I ordered four new sets of v 10 with USB charger plus they sent me replacements batteries for the version 9.
So I have charged and used two sets of version 10 and two replacement batteries for version 9 and still have two other sets which I have put to one side at the moment.
Out of these four batteries only two performing okay the other two not lasting too long. So we still have an issue even with version 10 longer battery. The USB charger itself is very fragile if you screw the battery in too tight the USB unit starts to crack open. Where the battery makes contact in the charger just looks like a lump of solder stuck on the end of the electrical board. Which looks very brittle and could break off.
The two USB charges which I used in the computer I left on charge for about 10 hours but didn't seem to have charged them at all very much. And I know I have no problems with my computer as I charge several devices up through it.
So I've charged with the original charges that came with version 9
I ordered two of their USB mains charges to but one of them is odd this one is not even listed on their website so God knows what I've got here. The packaging that the units came in is totally different to the website basically they're just in white boxes with electronic cigarette written on the top of the box but all looks okay.

The new cartridges
I originally ordered menthol,coffee, chocolate, vanilla, but they told me they wouldn't have coffee or chocolate till next week so I settled for Menthol vanilla and tobacco.
The menthol and vanilla are an improvement but the taste is short lived. Menthol doesn't taste nothing like don't ask me what I can't explain. Vanilla is okay but taste is short lived.
The only one good thing I've noticed with the flavours is that you do get a bit more kick but then again that is short lived to and that's when I've turned to dripping the cartridge again.
I also noticed yesterday they started doing flu cured tobacco cartridges . just my luck.
So some improvement on cartridges but still big issues we batteries. They tell me they will replace faulty batteries but if you are outside of China we have to pay shipping rates both ways.
So L. T. do have major quality problems as far as I am concerned the charges look tacky not well made and how companies like these can keep getting away with it and obviously have no pride in their work which is sad as they have a great product if it would only work right.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Nazareth I'm pretty sure its the old batteries again.
Two of them are working all right not perfect but okay and the other two performing about the same as my old L. T. batteries.
In fact the white boxes look better than the packaging of version 10 than on the website.
One thing I have noticed today these flavoured cartridges . if you heat them up too quickly you do get this burning taste you've mentioned before and one of my employees said the vapour literally looked like real smoke today and they could smell the burning from the vapour.
So I dripped the cartridge with Marlborough liquid but there is still a hint of burning taste there. And I have noticed this on a couple of three cartridges.
There looks to me like there is more paper or sponge which ever you want to call it in these flavoured cartridges and my previous ones had a blue wire in the middle as you know but these have a red wire in the centre.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I don't get the burning taste/smell until the atomizer is about kaput- it actually tastes quite good right up until that point- and that point has varied- soem at 20-30 hours, and two recent ones at aroudn 10 hours. The one I have now gave that burn at 10 hours, and I have been refillign it since that happened, and it fixed hte problem- with no burning now, but who knows for how long it will last.

That wire change is wierd- it seems it's reversed. The blue wire is soldered to the outside ring which contacts with the threads, and the red wire is soldered to the inside ring which contacts with hte inside ring in the battery- that's the way it's supposed to be- reversing it would negatively affect the battery I woudl think. Can you post pictures of one of htose cartridges taken apart so the solderings can be shown? It might very well be a manufacturing mistake and it might just be that your old cartridges might work better with hte new batteries with hte correct wiring if indeed hte new cartridges are indeed wired wrong- worth a try

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Nazareth I've tried using my old cartridges with and against the new ones there doesn't seem to be any different at all.
But as yet I have only opened up a couple of three of the new cartridges.
So I did try using the old ones tobacco taste to see if the new shipment tobacco taste if there were any difference and those the same it's only when you put flavours cartridge in you notice a difference where they do give you a bit more kick than normal tobacco.
I can't take any pictures at present as my cameras are not here as they are being used on a photo shoot.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Ned- Any updates on how your devices are working? I'm curious abotu hte cigars and the pipe- but also wanna know how hte chargers and batteries are doing

Hi Nazareth
To be honest with you I haven't really smoked the cigar much mainly because I can't really stomach the taste.
I have not really road tested the pipes as yet because I am waiting for more cartridges from China E cig.
As for the batteries they are still performing as before where two of them are weak the other two are okay so I find it impossible to use LT full-time.
The only electronic cigarette that I'm really getting on with is theJanty kiss box classic I now have four classics and I will probably be staying with theJanty. Admittedly quality control isn't always perfect with these but they look great and feel great and most of all they smoke great.
I find with everything else that I've tried and believe me I've tried nearly everything out there now your normal 901 superminis etc etc just don't do it for me personally . where I think theJanty classic at the price it's at is good value against names like sedansa njoy and least some thought has gone into the Janty product.

Janty have been excellent at replacing faulty parts not waiting for me to return them first plus they just sent me out the new USB cables which are working fine. I find theJanty gives me the biggest hit out of them all but I think most of this is due to the manual switch which at first I hated it but now I love it it's like second nature now.

The vapour on theJanty is good but not as good as your L. T. but for me I put hit before vapour.
Today I started up four new atomisers and with the manual switch these are a dream and a pleasure to use.

Last edited:

linda

Aug 8, 2008
only $83? You're fogettign hte shipping cost which is another $50- and you only got 4 cartridges? Glad your chargers worked- others are not havign as good luck as you.

Just two stinking batteries and a charger is goign to cost me well over $100- rediculous! Even at their "35% discount"!

it really cost me $83.9 not including the shipping cost,yes i only got 4 cartridges,because i have bought enough cartridges last time.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Linda- I'm sorry, but htese batteries should only be $15 max- there is nothign special abotu htem at all- they last a mere 3-4 hours tops, before needing recharging, which is actually even worse than other batteries, and htere is no way they should be nearly $50 apiece. LoongTotem would do themselves a HUGE favor if htey lowered hte price of their batteries and their shipping fees because a lot of peopel would love ot give hteir product a try, but are put off by the rediculously high prices o nthe batteries and shipping. IF LoongTotem lowered hteir prices, they would have one of hte best sellign products o nthe market right now. What little they are makign by chargign the few peopel liek us who buy hteir products at the rediculous high prices could be probably quadruppled if htey lowered hteir prices. I know I woudl have bought much more from them had hteir prices been lower, so they've lost some sales from me by keepign hteir prices so high

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Shame, really. This could put all my other e-cigs on the shelf.

Which it has for me, but I paid WAY too much for that- I haven't smoked a penstyle ever since I got the LoongTotem- but unfortunately, I won't be able to keep buying their cartridges and batteries in the future at hte prices they are charging, and quite frankly, another company is goign to take the winning design that loongtotem uses, and they are goign to make essentially the same disposable design, and charge much much less, and then I am goign to buy the other product to replace the overpriced loongtotem device at that point. LoongTotem, in my opinion, are biting off hteir noses to spite hteir faces. A penny earned is a bunch of pennies lost in this case I'm afraid.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Linda- I am sorry- but loongtotem batteries should be $10-$15 (especially concidering that they are very sketchy performance-wise) just like most other batteries, and the shipping should be $30 max for orders under say 5 pounds or so- no way should hte batteries be nearly $50 when they don't last even 1/3 the time of other batteries on a charge, and the fact that we have to pay shipping both ways in order to get broken batteries replaced is just bad customer service- sorry, but these are hte facts, and if Loongtotem doesn't care to be competitively priced with other less expensive eciggs- they will just end up losing a LOT of business

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
i also purchased two sets of LT-V10 about three weeks ago,and the two batteries both work very well and the cartridges also work well and USB charges too,i think the costs of products and shipping are not very high,it is acceptable,i think they match to the quality of products at least.

Linda are you by any chance an employee of
Loong Totem? Or connected in some way. As you seem to be over supportive of their products and I do not wish to be rude or funny in any way of asking this question but I think I am probably not the only one here wondering this.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
One of my batteries lasted yesterday well over 8 hours with moderate vaping (I just received the two longer batteries- I had two of hte shorter batteries with my first purchase, and htey only last about 3+ hours & one of htem I broke lol)- the other one however is DOA- almost- The first battery I tried just kept goign and going, and it was still goign strong when I put it on the charger to recharge it and to try the second battery, which at that point had been fully charged for hte recommended 8 hours- I got about 1/2 hour vaping off it and it began blinking with every puff and giving very little vapor. I suspect htere is a short or loose connection or something, and I may take hte battery apart to check it out, but sadly though- I've got one battery, which is more than 3/4 of the whole kit, is not workign properly-

Linda- If you are reading this, and you do work for LoongTotem- please get hte message to loongtotem that we, the customers, are having problems with the batteries, and we simply can not afford to keep buying batteries at hte price loongtotem is charging and we can't afford to ship htem back and then pay hsipping out again, and hence, we are stuck with very expensive products that don't work- that isn't very fair at all- especially at hte prices loongtotem charges for supposedly 'superior technology' batteries.

As you can see- there are several people on this board who would love to use your product, but who are wholly put off by the price gouging and hte bad bettery issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread