Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Ok so I have been using E Fest 700 mah 18350 batteries in my vamo and they don't last worth squat! I can literally see the volts go down within 30 min of use (after 3 hours of very moderate vaping it is dead)

Is this normal? I currently just set it on about 4 volts and go back and forth between carto tank and Kanger T3's.

Im just wondering if might be the brand or is this the norm. This is my first time dealing with MIR batteries.

Thanks!

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
I've got a pair of those, along with a pair of AW 18350's.
The AW's last a bit longer than the Efest bats for me.
They also seem to hold more charge after a small rest period than the Efest batteries.

Have you metered your batteries coming off your charger?

I have 2 chargers. My Xtar WP2 II charges my bats to 4.2 and shuts down.
I also have a Trustfire TR-001 that charges to 4.17 then trickles.

Also, your batteries will need about 10 charge cycles to be to full capacity.

jwark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Also, your batteries will need about 10 charge cycles to be to full capacity.

Yeah, this happens to me quite often. New batteries take awhile to calibrate themselves I guess.

I use dual efest 18350s. I haven't had the batteries run out on me after a full day of vaping. Never even really checked how much was left in the them.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i use stacked 18350s in a REO vv and i reckon they will last me maybe 4 hours or so. i have both AW and EF ones, the EF are 800mAh and the AW's are 600. I see no noticeable difference between their performance. I have also used an 18650 in the vv (but ofc then i cannot vary the voltage) from my Silver bullet and those last all day easily as usual.

Mine charge to 4.17 and when i give up on them they are about 3.60v. IMR batteries typically have less capacity anyway than li-ion but they are safer chemically and that is why they do not have in-built electronic protection as standard.

T

lagittaja

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Finland
I have the Efest 18350 v2 800mah. Seems to be quite nice. Gotta try the 18350 AW IMR's also.
Stacked 18350's seem to last the day for me, I'd call myself a heavy vaper. Although I put them in charger when they reach 7.0ish voltage on the vamo. When I put them on the charger I then use the AW IMR 18650 I have.
But yeah, Efest or AW IMR is the way to go, stay away from Trustfire/Ultrafire and unbranded batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread