Need a low-power dripper for testing DIY flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Hey all,

Title of the thread basically says it all. I vape on a Goby tank at 10 watts MTL, so for testing DIY flavors I need something I can drip with that will give me a similar experience. Any suggestions?

Ideally if it was something people still made I'd want something like a disposable dripper so I didn't have to mess with building coils, something like the original 510 atomizers if anyone remembers those. As it is, I suppose I can tolerate building, as long as I can find something that is designed well for a higher resistance coil.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can still find them here:

Joyetech 510 Replacement Drip Atomizer | Ecig Supply
Joyetech Joye 510 Atomizer - MyVaporStore
510 Standard Resistance Dripping Atomizer - Smokecignals.com

STATTY-2T.jpg

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
There are always these Kanger T3S still stocked and coils are pretty cheap. You can actually rebuild the coils too but the coils are tiny.

Goby coils are $2 each so if I went that route I probably should just use the equipment I already have. Maybe I could just drip on the Goby coil without filling the tank? Slight pain having to unscrew it, drip, and screw it back in, but it could work.

You can still find them here:

I had actually just found them on MVS when you posted this. They carry the low-resistance version too, says it's about 1.7 ohm whereas Goby coils are 1.6 so that may be the way to go. $7 a pop though...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had actually just found them on MVS when you posted this. They carry the low-resistance version too, says it's about 1.7 ohm whereas Goby coils are 1.6 so that may be the way to go. $7 a pop though...
Back in the day when I used them to sample flavors, they typically lasted 2 - 3 months. You can dry burn them clean by pulsing the coil for a couple of seconds a couple of times, just don't over do it.

Reactions: DeloresRose

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Back in the day when I used them to sample flavors, they typically lasted 2 - 3 months. You can dry burn them clean by pulsing the coil for a couple of seconds a couple of times, just don't over do it.

That makes sense, if I can get them to last then $7 might not be too bad. Now I'm just trying to figure out the physics of it though, the airflow hole on these is at the bottom if I remember right. Looks like the Goby has a little bit of a raised platform with some notches that air could flow through, but I'm having trouble seeing how the air would get past the threading. I may need to track down a couple of my old eGo batteries if I'm going to get these. Or maybe my MVP3. Modern mods may have 510 connectors but they aren't really designed for the actual 510 atomizer...

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
They can also breathe thru two tiny opposing holes above the threading. (put the comma where you like dear reader)

Oh I forgot about those. Perfect, I should be able to draw through it on the Goby then.

Smokecignals price is about $2 each, and it looks like they have them in stock (MVS appears to be out). Went ahead and pulled the trigger, ordered 5 of them. Shipping was like 6 bucks, but it's still better than $7 per atomizer.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Ideally if it was something people still made I'd want something like a disposable dripper so I didn't have to mess with building coils, something like the original 510 atomizers if anyone remembers those.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I used them when I first started vaping. Also, when I started DIY I found and bought a bunch of the JoyeTech Mega Cone Shaped Atomizers and the Mega Cylinder Shaped ones. PM me, and I can help you out with a few for Free.

ETA: Well, never mind. I just saw that you already ordered 5 for approx. $16. Sorry. Just found your thread, and I rushed to post about them before I read Izan's post and your last one.

Last edited:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Thank you for the offer JC.

I got these in today, and decided to try one out using the WTA mix I've been vaping in my Goby tank lately. Tried it at 10 watts on my Goby mod. FIrst of all, I had forgotten how tight the draw is on these! When I first tried to draw through it I thought the air holes must be blocked. So I put it on my MVP3 and the draw wasn't any better. Just the way these are.

I tried to blow it out as suggested in the first video Baditude posted. Nothing came out. So, drip drip vape. Ah, good ol' "new atomizer taste".

So I vaped on it for a bit trying to get that taste out. I don't know why exactly, but for some reason the nic was actually hitting me pretty hard out of this. Maybe because I already had a decent amount in my system when I started. Or maybe because of the tight draw the vapor was nice and thick. Or maybe I just got lightheaded from breathing the vape from the new atomizer oil that may have still been on there.

In any case though, at 10 watts it produces a very decent amount of vapor. Flavor is decent once you get rid of the "new atomizer taste". Seems maybe it's a bit muted compared to the tank though, but it should give me a good idea of what my DIY tastes like before I fill a tank with it.

So yeah, 510 atomizers. Actually seems like a pretty good dripper for tootle-puffing without the hassle of building coils, even after all these years. I wonder why they went out of style. All in the name of progress I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread