Need a new mod, have some questions about BBB tank as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
So I have 2 BBB (Smok's Big Baby Beast) tanks, I got them with the Smok Stick V8 kit. I quickly realized that the sticks are too hot for me (especially freshly charged), and the tanks leak... a LOT if they're on their sides for a second, but also just in general they leak. So, I bought the eVic Primo Mini kit with the PCA (ProCoreAries) tank and the mod is ok, but the coils that came with the tank were awful, they took forever to wick and I just didn't like the flavor, but my coils from my BBB tank fit in the PCA tank, so that problem was solved... or so I thought, I'm not getting the same flavor and my coils aren't lasting as long for some reason in the PCA tank. That's weird, right? It's the same coil!
Now I'm left trying to figure out what to do, I sold my old mods to buy another Primo Mini setup, but Idk if I want to bc of the tank, I'd rather get another Smok setup (AL85 or Alien 220), but the leaking is driving me nuts!
So... I guess this thread is about a mod, but also a tank! I'd rather get a kit bc it's not much cheaper to just get the mod or tank on their own. I am so confused :(

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
My favourite dual battery mod is the tesla nano & that'll always be my suggestion.

For higher wattage vapers I suggest the snow wolf 200w.

The smok g priv is a good mod that comes with the big baby, I actually preferred it to my Alien but sold it someone. It is a little pricier than the alien an has a touch screen. The BBB looks great an tip of that mod & vapes flawlessly. It's definitely a better mod than the alien an built better.
The Xcube ultra has been an okay smok mod for me too.
I just think whilst the alien is popular that they've done better mods.
Also got a h priv, had that for a year!

I'm gonna suggest the g priv, it's in my opinion what the BBB has vaped best on for me :)

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
My favourite dual battery mod is the tesla nano & that'll always be my suggestion.

For higher wattage vapers I suggest the snow wolf 200w.

The smok g priv is a good mod that comes with the big baby, I actually preferred it to my Alien but sold it someone. It is a little pricier than the alien an has a touch screen. The BBB looks great an tip of that mod & vapes flawlessly. It's definitely a better mod than the alien an built better.
The Xcube ultra has been an okay smok mod for me too.
I just think whilst the alien is popular that they've done better mods.
Also got a h priv, had that for a year!

I'm gonna suggest the g priv, it's in my opinion what the BBB has vaped best on for me :)

I was really enjoying my BBB tanks too, but for some reason they keep leaking like crazy... and I'm not talking a little here and there, I'm talking a LOT every couple of hours. It'll have juice just spilled all down the side of my mods and I have no clue why! I've changed coils, I've checked the o-rings. Idk what I'm doing wrong!

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I was really enjoying my BBB tanks too, but for some reason they keep leaking like crazy... and I'm not talking a little here and there, I'm talking a LOT every couple of hours. It'll have juice just spilled all down the side of my mods and I have no clue why! I've changed coils, I've checked the o-rings. Idk what I'm doing wrong!
You might not be doing anything wrong, my BBB an baby beast used to leak.
I switched to a cleito & haven't looked back :)

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
You might not be doing anything wrong, my BBB an baby beast used to leak.
I switched to a cleito & haven't looked back :)
I ended up buying the eVic Primo Mini kit (2 bc I have to have 2 of everything lol) and the tanks that come with those haven't given me any issues at all (although, I haven't gotten my newest one in yet, but the one I've been using hasn't leaked at all).

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I ended up buying the eVic Primo Mini kit (2 bc I have to have 2 of everything lol) and the tanks that come with those haven't given me any issues at all (although, I haven't gotten my newest one in yet, but the one I've been using hasn't leaked at all).
That's good stick with that :)

Reactions: MrsP0721

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
While I've read about leak problems I went SMOK anyway when I started. Maybe I've just been lucky but 4 out of 4 Big Baby tanks don't have a leak problem for me.

I too didn't like the varying output of the Stick V8, too hot fresh after charging. On day four with the SMOK GX2/4 and way happy. Being able to vary the wattage and vary how fast the coil comes up to full power is great for dialing in different coils & juices. I'm using it in 2 battery mode and like it better than the Alien for that, plus can use it like a 350 with 4 batts. Also the GX2/4 has a much better finish than the Alien.

Reactions: MrsP0721

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
While I've read about leak problems I went SMOK anyway when I started. Maybe I've just been lucky but 4 out of 4 Big Baby tanks don't have a leak problem for me.

I too didn't like the varying output of the Stick V8, too hot fresh after charging. On day four with the SMOK GX2/4 and way happy. Being able to vary the wattage and vary how fast the coil comes up to full power is great for dialing in different coils & juices. I'm using it in 2 battery mode and like it better than the Alien for that, plus can use it like a 350 with 4 batts. Also the GX2/4 has a much better finish than the Alien.
I'm glad you're not having the leaking issues! A lot of people don't, from what I've seen, there's definitely a lot more NOT having issues then there are people that are. I guess I'm just unlucky bc both of mine leak like crazy. I'm sure it could have something to do with it being summer in TEXAS but still very annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread