Need advice for my stockpiling - I'm behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
So, I knew the FDA regs from hell were coming. Except I forgot about until coming back to ECF today. And now I see we have an Aug 8th date for something?

So I need to stockpile because I am woefully under-equipped. I'm sitting on maybe 120ml of liquid, 1 rda, 2 Kanger subtank nano's and 2 good batteries (hanna modz DNA40 and an eleaf iStick 30). So clearly I need stuff anyways!

If you were going to spend a few hundred dollars right now, where would you spend it. I'm thinking some budget RDA's, an RTA, a few budget batteries, and some big ... bottles of liquid.

I need some advice on what brands / types, and maybe good vendors.
I just started with RDA's and love it. No more pre-made coils for me. I don't feel like making my own liquid, although I know it's easy. I may order some 250ml bottles from mt. baker vapor.

So if your thrifty help me out, because left to my own devices I tend to end up buying the expensive stuff! :D Good RDA clones etc.!

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
You're on the right path making your own coils, but I can't recommend enough to DIY. If you want to or not it's the only way to survive.
Also, "budget batteries" are never a good idea.

I consider my eLeaf's "budget". I think they have a reasonable reputation. I didn't mean like cheap chinese 18650's. By budget I just mean not top shelf Provari type cost. Although a provari v2 isn't all that much really...:confused:

I was actually just wondering if I want to start using all 18650 type mods from now on, instead of non removable types.

Anyone want to point me to a source for bulk nic, just to sate my curiosity?

Reactions: bnrkwest

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A few hundred dollars? Three liters of nic. Heartland is a good source, and reasonably priced. A bunch of rebuildable tanks. Get replacement glasses for them. Can't suggest which as I have no idea how you vape, low power MTL, or DL, cloud chasing.Several regulated mods in the affordable category like the Pico. One more that can take a larger tank. Get one or two mech mods for longevity. Maybe a 521 tab to build your coils on, check their resistance and burn the coil in (not a necessity, but a luxury while you can).

Everything else, from PG, VG, and flavors will be around. Same goes for wire, wick material, batteries, o rings, tweezers, scissors, unicorn bottles, syringes, literally everything else will all be around.

That's it. Remember, without the nic, the rest won't matter.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
For NIC, rtsvapes or my freedom smokes have decent NIC at a fair price.

Recently I've started using mechanical Mods, with good modern 18650 batteries (lg hg2, Samsung -25r). A Smok magneto iii from dhgate was about $23 delivered, good build quality, not much to break. To play in the mech zone you need good batteries and control of your coils, but it isn't magic (I see you've been vaping multiple years).

For tanks, I really enjoy the geekvape avocado 24, using rayon wicks. Also the steamcrave Aromamizer v2 has been solid.

Heaven gifts is running their 8th anniversary contests and sales now.
They have a coupon code for 25℅ off, are running $8 flash sales on their Facebook page, and have an active contest thread.

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
A few hundred dollars? Three liters of nic. Heartland is a good source, and reasonably priced. A bunch of rebuildable tanks. Get replacement glasses for them. Can't suggest which as I have no idea how you vape, low power MTL, or DL, cloud chasing.Several regulated mods in the affordable category like the Pico. One more that can take a larger tank. Get one or two mech mods for longevity. Maybe a 521 tab to build your coils on, check their resistance and burn the coil in (not a necessity, but a luxury while you can).

Everything else, from PG, VG, and flavors will be around. Same goes for wire, wick material, batteries, o rings, tweezers, scissors, unicorn bottles, syringes, literally everything else will all be around.

DL usually. Enjoying my Wotofo Lush in the 15-25w range with 12mg/ml. Easy to build dual coils on. I definitely need a few RDA's and RTA's for when constant refills isn't practical.

I'm not a picky vaper, if it has nicotine and somewhat of a throat hit I'm pretty much happy.

I'm aware of what will be affected by the ban hammer, i read up on it when it first came out.

So is this all as of Aug 8?

Last edited:

philbh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 24, 2014
    Westlake, Ohio
    After August 8th no new products can be introduced. existing products can still be sold for the next two years. From that point on products must be approved by the FDA. There is more to it I don't know all the details. What I believe is going to happen is that things are going to get much more expensive. May become very difficult to buy things online across state lines . Maybe not everywhere maybe not right away but Pennsylvania is getting hit with a 40% tax starting in October. My guess is that more states are going to follow. Nobody knows for sure what's coming.
    Back to your original question I would recommend getting several low cost regulated mods and several rebuildable atomizers of your choice. Things like batteries are not going away since they are used for other items. Definitely get as much nicotine as you can fit into your freezer for long-term storage. There is a calculator you can find online to determine how much nicotine you would need for how many years based on usage and strength. I don't remember what it's called though. Maybe the vapocalypse calculator. Look around these forums and you will find lots of helpful information

NC_Fog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2011
    Central N.C.
    I would personally start with nic base. Figure up what you would need for the rest of your life and get it now. If states suddenly start taxing nicotine base at just $1.00 per ml, that $50.00 1 liter bottle of nic base will now cost you $1050.00. After the deeming date arrives the states are going to be like pigs in the slop bowl.

When NC passed HB1050 which included the E-cig sin tax one of the (D) legislatures was calling for it to be $2.45 per ml.

Good luck and get to ordering.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Bought 1 liter bottles for 50usd at MFS,, looked today 100usd,
    The Grunge has begun..

Still shows $50 here - UnFlavored Nicotine E-Liquid Base - 1-Liter Container

I hadn't heard of this site or I may have got some but I went with smaller bottles that I could just freeze without rebottling from NN and RTS. I paid more but no hassle and I am a newb so I just bought what I could quick with the least hassle and best chance for shelf life.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    EcigExpress for nic, along with the other listed sources.

Yeah, nic in the freezer. Rebuildable attys and spare parts. ONLY replaceable battery mods, and several of them. Maybe a mech or two for last resort, and you can pick up some Kick modules for those. (Make sure there's room. Most telescoping mods will be fine, some, and non-telescoping may also need a "Kick ring" or extension tube.)

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    It's been said in another thread that the current price of $100. is their regular price so no grunge there.
    The $50 was the sale price.
    I've bought 6 liters at various times since Dec 2015,, stockpiling, they were all $50/liter. If they were all on sale,,so be it. I'm not complaining. Thank you for the 'heads up'..^

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Bought 1 liter bottles for 50usd at MFS,, looked today 100usd,
    The Grunge has begun..
    still $50.00 for 1 liter. the $100.00 is the 2 liter container so still $50.00 a liter. Nope, no grunge (whatever that is) going on yet. I am sure it is going to happen at some point but then again, maybe not.

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    still $50.00 for 1 liter. the $100.00 is the 2 liter container so still $50.00 a liter. Nope, no grunge (whatever that is) going on yet. I am sure it is going to happen at some point but then again, maybe not.
    To you & others who have corrected me, i saw this via a link posted last nite on ECF. Cobalt bottle & new dispenser cap. Today, 50/liter white bottle. Sorry for any confusion to board members. And if on the fence, get nico now..

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    .....Maybe the vapocalypse calculator. Look around these forums and you will find lots of helpful information

You have to download it and run it locally on your computer. It is an XLS spreadsheet.
    Vapocolypse Calculator

upload_2016-7-21_11-52-50.png

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    So, I knew the FDA regs from hell were coming. Except I forgot about until coming back to ECF today. And now I see we have an Aug 8th date for something?

So I need to stockpile because I am woefully under-equipped. I'm sitting on maybe 120ml of liquid, 1 RDA, 2 Kanger subtank nano's and 2 good batteries (hanna modz DNA40 and an eleaf iStick 30). So clearly I need stuff anyways!

If you were going to spend a few hundred dollars right now, where would you spend it. I'm thinking some budget RDA's, an RTA, a few budget batteries, and some big ... bottles of liquid.

I need some advice on what brands / types, and maybe good vendors.
    I just started with RDA's and love it. No more pre-made coils for me. I don't feel like making my own liquid, although I know it's easy. I may order some 250ml bottles from mt. baker vapor.

So if your thrifty help me out, because left to my own devices I tend to end up buying the expensive stuff! :D Good RDA clones etc.!
    I would start with liters of 100 mg/ml nicotine

Then get a few mods with external batteries.

Then RDAs or RTAs

Lastly flavors for DIY Ejuice and possibly wire for coils.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread