Need Advice Help - on Tanks... Currently Dripping w/ Atomizers -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
:blush: Hi I am by no means a newbie to ecigs... I am just very out of touch and oblivious to the whole OHM thing... I just know I get 2.x ohm atomizers - LOL -

Anyway I finally settled on a PV a year ago the Provari and have used continued to buy Atomizers and drip. Before atomizers I use to use cartomizers but with the filler and all the filler burning issues.. and cleaning them / spinning them etc... I switched to something easier like Attys and dripping.

Now I am seeing that there are way better solutions out there, and things are more cost effective. I go through too many 510 atomizers and it gets expensive. About 6 months ago I ordered a Vivi Nova tank... but I was not happy with it because the flavor just was not there and I seemed to fly through juice like crazy. So I got rid of them.

I was recently told that bottom coils are better... at least they give better flavor. So from there I saw the Phoenix Bottom Clearomizer review on You Tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-8Rb6RWe4) but even that is a year old. Anyway I just do not have the patience to sit and comb through tons of reviews because my business is picking up and truth be told I am on my last atty ... they keep burning out on me... and I need a good solution fast!

I looked at Got Vapes... and WOW what a selection and much of it is over my head being kind of an old school atty girl.

Please give me some suggestions - here is what I am looking for:

• I vape my Provari at around 4.6-4.8
• I want to get great taste... throat hit, vapor, etc..
• I would like something simple...i.e. like the Vivi Nova would have been if we would have gotten along. the replaceable heads at a fraction of the cost of an atty was very attractive and all you had to do was screw on a new head.

• I would like to save some money and get out of atties / dripping.

If you can guide me in the right direction so I can order from GotVapes tonight I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
There are several bottom coils you can try. Kanger Protank, Vapeonly BCC, Phoenix Raven. They all have the bottom coil design with a few differences. The pheonix raven is a silica wick bottom coil but in a carto tank design. The protank advantage is that it is glass you can put whatever juice you want into it. The vapeonly has nice strait edges and press in coils and a removable drip tip.

If you want to use an ego adapter you can try the t3 and evod. If you want to try another top coil clearomizer the iclear 30 is a dual coil.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
since you are used to getting good flavor, i think rebuildabe atomizers are probably what you are looking for. they give very good flavor and cheaper to run than most other setups. i bought a phoenix rebuildable atomizer and it works very good. you would need to order wick (silica) and coil (i use .30 gauge kanthal). I am about to pull the trigger on the phoenix raven but they are spendier in the long run (about $3/carto) and im guessing ill go through couple of them a week....IF they work for me.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I would have to agree that a rebuildable would be more economical and IF built properly, the flavor is great. It is something to consider picking up but it is also something that would likely take time to learn how to build a proper wick ( silica, stainless mesh or ceramic )... so I wouldn't suggest it for someone needing to get stocked up on supplies unless I knew they had the experience they'll need ( ie mechanically inclined etc )

I've left my Kanger Evods out in my truck several times by mistake... I usually carry 4-5 filled with various flavors. I haven't gotten any leaking from the bottom but I have seen a bit of condensation come out... so I do keep them in a paper towel in the case I carry them in. None of the leaking is excessive, in fact, I usually only see a spot or two at most. I feel the flavor on the ProTank, Evod, T3, MT3 and mni T3 are close enough that I'd just pick the style that most suites. I use the ProTank and Evod's mostly and the vape is almost as full as an RBA ( or RDA ). As mentioned, and I'm only verifying it here... the T3, MT3, mni T3 and Evod are all eGo threaded and would require a 510/eGo adapter on the Provari. The replacement cost for heads are cheapest on the Evod and ProTank... the T series are slightly higher.

I've only tried the larger Anyvape tank out and I do like it almost as much as the Kanger's... The smaller one is eGo threaded. I keep mine in the house with yet another flavor... I haven't seen any leaking but I haven't left it in a hot truck either...

Vapor and throat hit are more about the e-liquid than what you are vaping them in or on... at least with a VV or VW device. PG carries more flavor and throat hit but doesn't produce the vapor that a mostly VG mix does. VG, produces a lot of vapor but mutes the flavor and TH. So if you are getting a flavor that is strong enough but you want more vapor... increase the percentage of VG in the mix... and just the opposite if the reverse is true. I personally don't care or like to see a lot of vapor but I like the feel that the thicker vapor has... so I go with a VG heavy juice.

Find an ohm's calculator on the web or if you have a smartphone... download one... This way you can find out what power ( wattage ) level you like... power is the combination of voltage and ohms. It is the amount of power that determines how warm the vape is and how much the coils can convert the e-liquid to vapor. Just remember, the more vapor, the more flavor and throat hit you get AND that it will use more e-liquid because of it.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
PS... I've never had any of my current batch of bottom coils flood. The current batch are made for e-liquids around a 80PG/20VG to 70PG/30VG mix. Both the Kanger and Anyvape's will allow the user to pull out a flavor wick if they are using a thicker e-liquid. The flavor wicks are the ones placed on top of the coils and they perform two functions... they bring juice on top of the coil to assist with flavor/vapor production... and they help adjust the flow of juice into the coil chamber area... more wicks cuts the flow down, less increases it for thicker juices.

Lina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Rebuildable atomizers kind of scare me ... I remember briefly looking into them and some had some big warnings that it can be dangerous... and not knowing how to rebuild them... I would be the person who would mess something up... :(

since you are used to getting good flavor, i think rebuildabe atomizers are probably what you are looking for. they give very good flavor and cheaper to run than most other setups. i bought a phoenix rebuildable atomizer and it works very good. you would need to order wick (silica) and coil (i use .30 gauge kanthal). I am about to pull the trigger on the phoenix raven but they are spendier in the long run (about $3/carto) and im guessing ill go through couple of them a week....IF they work for me.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
GotVapes packages will get to you in three days. Buy one EVOD, one Phoenix Raven, try 'em out, place another order. Don't buy a bunch of items to get stocked up until you see what you like.

If ya like the EVOD, the ProTank uses the same heads as the EVOD. Try the step up to the ProTank.

If ya like the Raven, maybe you'll wanna try a step up to an AGR Tank.

If ya don't like either, then it's try another thang.

Lina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Will the EVOD fit my provari... do I need an adapter or anything? I have a 510 Provari.

Thank you
Lina

GotVapes packages will get to you in three days. Buy one EVOD, one Phoenix Raven, try 'em out, place another order. Don't buy a bunch of items to get stocked up until you see what you like.

If ya like the EVOD, the ProTank uses the same heads as the EVOD. Try the step up to the ProTank.

If ya like the Raven, maybe you'll wanna try a step up to an AGR Tank.

If ya don't like either, then it's try another thang.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
The protank would be great out of the box in that it has a 510 connection and is slotted for airflow at its base so it can flush mount on the Provari. Whether you like the vape is up to you, bit in general you can count on it being a cooler vape than an atomizer. I get similar vapor and only a very slight loss of flavor compared to most atties. If you want to dip your toes in the bottom coil pool an evod and ego adapter would save a few bucks.

As for rebuildables, the warnings are based on the potential for shorts. The Provari has built in short circuit protection and can check resistance so you shouldn't worry too much. Rebuildable droppers are nice because you can get the dripping experience 10-15 drops at a time instead of 2-3 drops. Lots of rda's are fairly inexpensive and the wick/wire is cheap per coil. If you decide to pick some up there tons of folks here that could give advice on building coils.

Lina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
jiferirstine and everyone else thank you..

So I was testing some things out... I did order the Phoenix Raven and I did not care for it much... I also ordered the Kanger EVOD-2.5ohm-BLACK but I think I messed up because it does not fit my Provari... I am assuming I need an ego adapter?

I have also just tried the iclear 30 - I like it alot . I prefer the tighter draw... tempted to try a protank but I hear its very airy... ? is there any way to resolve that?

tschmeck

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2011
california
jiferirstine and everyone else thank you..

So I was testing some things out... I did order the Phoenix Raven and I did not care for it much... I also ordered the Kanger EVOD-2.5ohm-BLACK but I think I messed up because it does not fit my Provari... I am assuming I need an ego adapter?

I have also just tried the iclear 30 - I like it alot . I prefer the tighter draw... tempted to try a protank but I hear its very airy... ? is there any way to resolve that?

Those are eGo threaded, provari is a 510. You can get this adapter for it: eGo Adapter 510 - Outside Threaded for eGo Cone [gotvapes-EGO510adapter] - $4.25 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Also in regards to rebuildable, those are just CYA (cover your ...) disclosures because there is room for error, but it's unlikely especially on a provari that has protection. I use a terminator-c on my provari all the time, it's a rebuildable tank :)

Ron R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Albuquerque,NM
The protank is the bomb, if you use a juice that is 70pg/30 vg your not likely to have to do anything to it to get it to work very good straight out of the box, any thicker juice you may have to remove a flavor wick which takes about 30 seconds with a pair of tweezers, do not do anything to it untill you try it out it may be good for your vape needs already, the heads are replaceable for less than two dollars and seem to last a long time if you do not over power them, start at a lower voltage and get it broke in and then start moving up, but it may knock your socks off straight out of the package, nice and cheap and will look pretty darn good on your provari, just my thoughts but since ive started using my protank i have saved alot of money and have been very happy, Thnx Ron R

Ron R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Albuquerque,NM
p.s. the draw is very airy but you come to like it after using it alittle while, and the vaper and throat hit are actually pretty spectacular, the vape is alittle cooler but not really that much especially aafter you get the coil broken in properly, it will make your eyes water if your not carefull, very good tank for the money especially since it is glass.

Lina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow thank you Ron R, rver, Timothy, tschmeck and everyone up here.. I have always loved ECF and all the help people are willing to give... its nice to know I can come back on and get help when I am out of touch with the latest!

Best Wishes to ALL of you! Thank you again... to EVERYONE!

Lina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread