Need advice...Looking for My Holy Grail Ecig!! I have LOVED the Joyetech Egrip but it's Extinct!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
I may be in the wrong section, but here is my dilemma. I have posted a similar question several years ago, but am STILL in search of what I consider "My Holy Grail" of a Mod/Ecig/Whatever you'd like to call it. The Joyetech Egrip CL 30w OLED has been my one true "Vape Love" and have yet to find anything better. I'm looking for something similar that has these same features:
1) It's an AIO device
2) The coils are at the bottom (negotiable)
3) It's NOT a POD system
4) It has an RBA/RDA base (DONT want stock coils)
5) Its really small and fits in my pocket for stealth vaping
6) I can buy pre-built coils for it (that is also negotiable, I'm learning to build my own coils).

I'm hoping if I explain my transition into vaping, there is someone that can relate and knows the type of draw/hit "Ecig" I'm searching for. When I first started this journey about 6 or 7 years ago, there was no such thing as sub-ohms, Skwonks, PODs, RDAs, box MODs. They were just Ecigs!!! You buy a battery, some coils and a clearomizer...easy peasy! When I went into the local vape shop for some new coils, they recommended I try this new "Joyetech Egip 20w" device. It was different, tiny and it was CAMO, so I said why not. I went home, put it all together, took my first puff and The heavens opened up, it was Magic. I was getting that good throat hit and had a great exhale with lots of smoke (clouds as the youngins say). I could take a draw like I did with the Ecigs (MTL hit I've learned). I knew it was real love When I tried the RBA base (Throat Hit, Clouds, Fits in my jeans pocket, Prebuilt coils available with cotton already in them AND amazing Flavor). I'd never gotten such good flavor with stock coils. The only negative for me was the leaking. As everyone knows, these things become obsolete fairly quickly and its been about 4 years using the same thing. Bigger was better at one time with sub-ohm vaping and now its all about the Jule or Pods. I know "If it aint broke, don't fix it", but the Joyetech Egrip is almost extinct. I'd really like to find something else I enjoy vaping just as much as the Egrip. Over the last 2-3 years, I've spent thousands, yes thousands of dollars on setups that were recommended based on the vape style I was looking for. NOTHING is even close to how the Egrip + RBA base vapes & tastes. Now that several years have passed since I asked a similar question, hopefully something new is available or someone knows what I'm looking for.

I have learned through trial and error (and wasting money) that there are several things that are non-negotiable. I've purchased and tried so many different setups that I'm certain I DON'T want:

1) ...a tank that sits on a battery box. I have a drawer of just about EVERY type of tank and box mod out there (big and small).
2) ...to use stock coils. They just don't get the same flavor as rebuildables with Cotton.
3) ...a POD device. I make my own juice which tastes much better to me than pods or store-bought liquid, and so much cheaper.

and lastly, it has to be very small. I'm a petite woman and can't be vaping on some huge box with a tank on top. Id like it to fit in my jeans pocket and not be too noticeable.

I hope someone out there can relate and knows exactly what I'm looking for and can help. It may not exist and the Egrip was my One Hit Wonder. Thank you for reading and all advice is welcomed :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The Joyetech Egrip CL 30w OLED has been my one true "Vape Love" and have yet to find anything better. I'm looking for something similar that has these same features:
1) It's an AIO device
2) The coils are at the bottom (negotiable)
3) It's NOT a POD system
4) It has an RBA/RDA base (DONT want stock coils)
5) Its really small and fits in my pocket for stealth vaping
6) I can buy pre-built coils for it (that is also negotiable, I'm learning to build my own coils).

Hi and welcome back,
What is your budget?
How many e-grips do you have as back up? (If I like something, I buy at least two)
My first REO I bought at the end of 2012. I bought another in 2013 and have owned 9 so far.
Over the last 2-3 years, I've spent thousands, yes thousands of dollars on setups that were recommended based on the vape style I was looking for.
Could you provide a few examples of the devices you have tried and how/why they do not meet your expectations? We would hate to waste time (Yours/ours) suggesting options you have already tried and did not like.
NOTHING is even close to how the Egrip + RBA base vapes & tastes.
I have learned through trial and error (and wasting money) that there are several things that are non-negotiable. I've purchased and tried so many different setups that I'm certain I DON'T want:

1) ...a tank that sits on a battery box. I have a drawer of just about EVERY type of tank and box mod out there (big and small).
2) ...to use stock coils. They just don't get the same flavor as rebuildables with Cotton.
3) ...a POD device. I make my own juice which tastes much better to me than pods or store-bought liquid, and so much cheaper.
1) why is a a tank on a battery not what you want? Size? weight? aesthetics?
2) I agree
3) Many pods permit you to use your own juice. Have you investigated any of the non closed pod systems?
and lastly, it has to be very small. I'm a petite woman and can't be vaping on some huge box with a tank on top. Id like it to fit in my jeans pocket and not be too noticeable.

I hope someone out there can relate and knows exactly what I'm looking for and can help. It may not exist and the Egrip was my One Hit Wonder. Thank you for reading and all advice is welcomed :)
Are you willing to order from China or do you only shop locally? (Con US sites or B&M stores?)

Cheers
I

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Small, stealthy, fits in a woman's pocket, and offers rebuildable options? How about a Billet Box, OG or SXK clone (clone sorta wins not only on price but on a USB port to update firmware and play with Evolv's excellent temp control through software you can run on your computer, but that is totally optional and not required).

Looks great, small form factor, definitely not a pod, and the relatively large tank is contained within the unit so few worries about breakage.

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks everyone so much. To answer 1st question: At the moment I have 8 egrips (3 unopened still in the box). Over the last 5 years I've probably purchased 30 of them. I'm really bad at dropping them on my hardwood floors and my friends walk off with them .

I tried to look back through my email history and see what all I've purchased. There have been many more but these are the ones over the last year or so I can think of and still have receipt in my email..along with about 10 egrips:

Aspire Zelos
Joyetech atopack penguin
Kanger Nebox
Kanger Subox Mini
Ijoy RDTA Mini
Innokin Ares MTL/RTA tank
Kayfun Prime tank
Dvarw MTL tank
Eleaf Istick
Nautilus Big tank
Aspire Vivi Nova

Haha, during my searching through email, I found my old post from 2017 on here having the same issues...

I am so frustrated finding right ecig..PLEASE HELP

I found some pics of old boxes
IMG_20180609_142529.jpg

IMG_20180713_202018.jpg

This one was massive next to the egrip:
IMG_20180713_203033.jpg

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
....and budget is not an issue if I Love it, China is ok too, that's only place I can get Egrips anyway.

I'm going to check out that Billet Box. Have any of you that have replied tried to egrip with the RBA base? and understand the type of Vape Im looking for?

It's frustrating and expensive when you cannot try them before you buy them. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Reactions: stols001

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
I just took a quick look at the Billet Box and I'm getting excited, it's checking off all of my boxes. I was never against tanks, I just don't like them on the outside. It looks like the BB has great reviews and from the pics, it seems as tho they've designed it with the tank inside, (genious)!!

This is probably a tougher question, has anyone tried both the Joyetech Egrip and the Billet Box? If so, how do they compare and are they somewhat alike?

Thanks again everyone, this site is pretty darn AWESOME!!!

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Doug,
I just remembered that i purchased some CLR coil years ago because of the rebuildable option. Are those easy to build or difficult bc of size? How is the flavor and dry hits? That would open up tons of options bc I believe they can be used in many different devices ????

Here's a link to a CLR rebuild video, done by our own @Shawn Hoefer.

It's super easy to rebuild a CLR coil. No screws to deal with. I never have dry hits on my CLRs. I'm a simple coil guy. 30ga round Kanthal, 5 wraps, Rayon wick. Comes out to 1.6 ohm coil. 9.5 watts is my sweet spot.

There's an entire thread about Ego One tanks & CLR coils here on ECF

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

500 pages of info & chit chat. Might want to pack a sandwich!

Good luck!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Doug,
I just remembered that i purchased some CLR coil years ago because of the rebuildable option. Are those easy to build or difficult bc of size? How is the flavor and dry hits? That would open up tons of options bc I believe they can be used in many different devices ????

If you can rebuild the E-grip RBA, the CL-R heads will be just as easy.
I've been rebuilding the same five heads (1.0Ω ) for close to three years now.

I find the narrow chimney of the CS coils/CS RBA produce a more concentrated flavour vs the CL-R heads even at the same resistance. The CL-R is close, but not the same.

Cheers
I

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
....and budget is not an issue if I Love it, China is ok too, that's only place I can get Egrips anyway.

I'm going to check out that Billet Box. Have any of you that have replied tried to egrip with the RBA base? and understand the type of Vape Im looking for?

It's frustrating and expensive when you cannot try them before you buy them. Thanks again for everyone's help.
My wife had an egrip with rebuildable base and had to build it for her...it was an ok sort of vape, but the BB would be alot nicer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread