Need advice on which RBA to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarabelos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2009
Colorado
Okay guys it's been a long time comin', and I'm finally ready to purchase my first rebuildable atomizer :w00t:. Let me be very clear about what I want from this atomizer. First, flavor is EVERYTHING for me. I tried an AVA atty a while back, and while the overall performance of the AVA was lackluster, the flavor was so good I didn't want to switch back to regular 510's. However, the actual atty is way overpriced and I came to find many people on the forums saying RBAs have comparable flavor production, if not better in some circumstances. So here's what I've looked at - tell me which of these you would recommend:

1. AC9 from Vapinaze.com
- Likes: The main reason this atty appeals to me is because of the completely separated juice tank, which provides a reservoir for the juice that stops the juice from coming into contact with metal. I feel that this fact alone would increase flavor intensity and purity, and I would think it would be a desirable feature in general. Any thoughts?
- Concerns: I'm told the air hole is too big, causing an airy draw. Not a fan of airy draws at all, and so if this is the case, any forewarning from experienced users would be very helpful. Also, that 6 week shipping time frame is vastly unappealing, and almost enough to nix the product altogether. Any reports on the time it took you to get yours would be wonderful!

2. The Cobra from Alba-Vapors.co.uk
Scott Bonner's review of this Atty kinda sold it to me already, but I really want to hear other opinions. The smaller air hole is a plus, as I've heard the draw on the Cobra is tighter. I also like the fact that it is made out of Titanium, ultimately making it more durable and higher quality. I also really like the multitude of options for wicking the atty, because as a new RBA user I want to find what configuration works best for me.
- Concerns: Length. It seems beastly on a ProVari Mini and that's just from watching a video review. I have the regular ProVari and I'm inclined to believe this atty would be wayyyyyy too big on the device, considering I felt that way just by using the extended battery cap!!!! Any thoughts on the length and whether the quality of the device overrides this would be appreciated!

3. The DID from E-vape.gr
- Likes: Honestly I don't personally like the design or look of the DID, but the overwhelming amount of community support for this device causes me to pause and rethink my aesthetic needs :p. Honestly I want to hear what everyone has to say about this atty in comparison to the others I've mentioned.
- Dislikes: A completely closed off juice tank seems absurd to me. I want to be able to see the level of it, and also I don't like that all of the juice is just sitting in the metallic container like that. I would think the flavor of this RBA would be less pure than that of the Cobra or the AC9, but I can't say for sure so please advise!

I am open to any other suggestions on RBAs. Like I said, this is untested water for me. Never used one, but I can't wait to make the switch. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!!!!!

ALSO: If I order from somewhere in the UK do I need to worry about customs?

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I think I am biased. I got the cobra about a week ago and LOVE IT. Now this is my only rebuildable, besides rebuilding my novas with mesh wick, and I have only been vaping for about 5 weeks. I have a provari mini, and extension cap. I think it works great in either mode. With the mini mode the it fits even better for length, but no problem with the extension cap.

With the cobra the draw is tighter which I like as well, and it has a glass tank. The options for future wicks is also a plus, have not used them but like to know it is there. If I were to buy another RBA right now it would be a second cobra, the only thing I wish is that I could travel with it without worry of leaking, but that is any genesis style from what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread