need advice - only took 3 days to get back on analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothcannibal

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
denver colorado
got my xhale02 (from 711) christmas day. i was really impressed with it. makes me want attys instead of cartos. vapor is okay (about that of an analog). a few puffs and my head was spinning. my girlfriend saw it (she's on the patch and guess what, it ain't workin!!!) and picked up one herself the next day. hers is terrible. i get the atty hot enough to almost melt the cartridge and nothing. up until mnday night mine was keeping me away from analogs no problem.

if i blow the atty out (seems to flood especially on hers) and set it back up i get one good fairly harsh hit that is satisfying. if i prime it at all after blowing it out i just get one little puff. then i have to do it all over again.

with mine a new cartridge will give me about 15 minutes of vaping before i have to try harder and harder to get a hit. but the thing is there is still liquid in the prefills. i'm blowing it out of the atty all the time.

i don't believe this to be a battery problem. when i've messed with them after about two hours they are both dead. but i'm sucking on them pretty much the whole time. the couple days i used mine constantly and it seemed to last the same between charges

i think the attys they use are just junk. i can get them red hot and really nothing. the batts seem decent. a new cartridge on mine works the same as a brand new batt even when i take two drags off of it when it dies.

i'm not giving up on vaping. i did really good til our units started failing. i only had 4 analogs mostly because i wanted to compare and one night i was too drunk at the end of the night to fiddle with it.

once i started having to fiddle with it my gf immediately started lighting up.

i've come to find out my batts work with m401 parts. i was thinking about getting a m401 starter kit but i'm not sure.

i did some reasearch and i think i want to get the kr8 batts and use a 510 adaptor for better vapor. what i would like to know is if i use an adaptor on a batt, can i then charge it with the different adpator. like but a m401 adaptor on the kr8 batt and then plug it in to the m401 charger. sounds dumb but trying not to buy more than i have to. i have two usb chargers and one wall charger for my xhale

want to get back on the vaping wagon so anything helps.

thanks

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I'm assuming you want to use the Kr8 batteries with an adapter for battery life?

In that case, just get the 510 Mega batteries. Same mAh as the Kr8 batteries, and native to the 510. For *awesome* battery life, look into the eGo.

No, you can't charge it with another charger if it has an adapter on it. I would really recommend you just start over with a complete kit. I know it's frustrating, but buying all the pieces you'd need individually would cost you more anyway.

Sorry you're having a rough time with it - those store-bought kits are usually a pain. But glad you're not giving up!

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
Here's the deal... You're using a $20 starter kit from 7-11. If you feel this kit is lacking in performance and vapor production what you really need to do is pick up a higher quality kit from a reputable vendor. I myself started on e-cigs using the same exact 7-11 kit that you have, and had many of the same problems. What really helped me kick the habit and start to enjoy vaping was when i picked up a 510 from awesomevapor.com. Now that I'm 9 months in, I'm using an eGo and it is the best. I highly recommend it if you have the desire and budget.

Another thing that helps is educating yourself not only from these forums but from resources available online like eCigology.com (our site). You'll find that there are many more resources available to help you in your quest to quit smoking that you may have initially realized.

The Xhale 02 (7-11) kit that you got is great to start with, since it's cheap and performs decently, but you will inevitably decide to go with a better kit that will help you stick with it. I strongly suggest the eGo (for reasons oulined here: What Is The Best E-Cig? | eCigology).

Hope this helps man.

smoothcannibal

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
denver colorado
i know i already want a better one. that was from the get go. it just worked really well for about 2 days and now it's too much work for a nic fix. the batts are decent and i want to keep using them til they crap out at least.

the 510 mega batts are more than the kr8 from what i've seen. i might get an ego/bigger batt later down the road once i get over the having a cig sized.

seems to me i will like the 510 atty better. the kr8 batts are a little cheaper so i'm going to pick those up.

most all my family smokes. its annoying that i had something decent and then die on me. so they don't believe me that these work. can't wait to show them a much better unit.

smoothcannibal

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
denver colorado
there definitely is a learning curve to it. i don't mind that. i like tinkering with things (i like builing rc cars models etc) and definitely do have the desire to quit cigarettes. i did get crabby and sadish feeling after the second day. once i gave up on my pv and had a cigarette i felt like myself. definitely is quitting smoking. i already cut out almost 3 packs and that really surprised me once i thought about it.

i did notice after a day with only a couple analogs i didn't cough and hack hardly(which i just did right now with a camel). i was still getting winded but not as fast. this i am not positive about because i was good about taking my pills over the weekend. i didn't seem to get near as bad of heart burn.

honestly if it wasn't for this forum i would have thrown it away and never consider it again. so i have to thank ecf for sure!

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
hey smooth, welcome to ECF. Sounds like you're having a bit of a rough go with the 7-11 gear. But you have the right attitude, sounds like you really want to quit smoking, and thats about 75% of the battle right there.

I can sorta relate to your problem, lots of us can in fact. My first PV was a Blu, it worked just well enough to make me realize i was onto something with vaping, but just poorly enough to be frustrating as hell. Almost poorly enough to drive me back to analogs. But like you I found ECF as a result of searching the internet for ways to make the Blu work better. Two pieces of advise from my experiences: 1) a better PV will probably make the transition very easy for you. I stepped up to a Joye eGo and that made putting down analogs MUCH easier than I ever expected it would 2) don't give up just cuz you had a bad day, and don't get down on yourself if you have an occasional analog during the transition process. Its pretty normal to do so. Another way to look at it is, if you were a 2PAD smoker before and you still have one cigarette a day while switching to a PV, that means you DIDN'T smoke 39 analogs that you otherwise would have. And thats a really good start!

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
smoothcannibal,

I am pretty new to this myself but I have been reading this forum like it is my only interest! And right now thats pretty much the truth. I agree that when you find the combination that works for you quitting smoking will be pretty easy. I think finding that combination involves lots of things - the reliable pv, the right voltage, the right ejuice(s). I am not familar with the xhal02 or even the m401 and what parts fit. If it is possible to get new attys to fit your batteries, well fine. If you are not ready to use a devise that doesn't really look like a cig that is fine too. The 808 models are 3.7 volts and look like cigs - I'm not sure what the 401 batts put out but it may be the same. Volts count for me.

I just noticed in the classified section: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...801-adaptor-vapor4life-passthrough-juice.html --- some gear that might work with your stuff. Follow the classifieds to consider new deals - research the pv's on the forum and I think you will learn a lot.

Anyway, You may change you mind in a few weeks about what you need - there are a lot of different ways to go.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Well, so glad your hanging in. If you think your coughing and wind/ lung capacity was better after 2 days, JUST WAIT!
You will not believe what is in your future if you keep on vaping.
It will really change your life and for that aspect, get rid of the problem unit and
go on to something better and consider it a lesson in the right direction.
Now you know what you don't want and you can tell others
to skip that type of unit.
Most everyone here had had some stumbling blocks along the way and we're still flying
high and loving it!
Good luck and hang in there!

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Liberty Flights has the best deal I've ever found on a good starter kit:
20% off your whole order!

The Riva 510 - Lite Bundle has standard resistance 2.2 ohm atomizers and is discounted to $29.99.

These Rivas are equivalent to the very popular eGos. I bought 2 kits to give as Christmas presents and examined and test-vaped them before wrapping the boxes. Nice units.

Be sure to buy enough eliquid so that you don't run out... many new users have had this problem. Figure about 2mL per person per day as a minimum amount for regular vaping; it could easily be more.

Liberty Flights has several tobaccos I would recommend to a new vaper:
Churchill (formerly named Winston) isn't sweet, has a strong throat hit.
Mild 7's has a good, non-sweet tobacco flavor and is definitely mild.
USA Mix is supposed to be similar to a Marlboro taste, is somewhat sweet; very popular.

If you're the type of smoker that has strong cravings for cigs, such as the first thing in the morning, get the 24mg strength. If not, try the 18mg.

PG or VG? Typically PG has more flavor, wicks better in cartridges and delivers a stronger throat hit. VG's advantage is that it produces more vapor and is preferable for individuals who are sensitive or allergic to PG. Money permitting, I would try both PG and VG in each flavor, buying the small bottles as samples.

Good luck, and I hope this was helpful.

smoothcannibal

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
denver colorado
i ordered a 510 mega manual kit last night and a small bottle of juice to try along with a drip tip. shipped today!!!! i wanted kr8 batts with 510 attys but couldn't get it all at one place so i went with the mega batts. as long as it works better than my current one i will be happy and order spares and more juice. i like the throat hit on my xhale (vg) when it works but its almost too harsh especially for my girlfriend.

i have to say thanks to all who cleared up a couple things for me. i would have bought a few wrong items i didn't really need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread