Need advice. Provari and Baby Notta tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Being new to this I have to say that I am in the dark about a lot of things so here I go. My cart is full and I just cant afford to make another mistake, to learn the hard way.

1. Will this tank work with a provari? I know I need to get the one with addys that have higher resistance.
Baby Notta - $9.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More

2. Will I end up breaking it if I add the fruit flavored juice? I only stumbled on to that conversation in passing in the forum, and never went into detail cause I didn't plan on a tank. Its the price for sure that makes me want one. Only I want it to work and last as long as they where designed to last.

3. Hows everyone doing? :laugh: School me?

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Striker- The tank will work fine with this device. The juice flavor will not hurt it either. It's basically a simple punched Boge carto in a plastic tube for more capacity of juice. If you have any issues with it, please let me know. Did you see the youtube vid posted in the description? It's a great help.

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Hi Striker! haha I've seen you around on the Provape forum too. :)

I don't have one of these tanks so I can't speak from experience - I'm actually getting my first tanks today (assuming USPS does their job). But, I've done as much as I could over the last 2 months to edumacate myself on tanks and can answer at least some of your curiousity for you. And I just went and read the product description on the website as well. However anything Stormy says, or for that matter anything anyone who has one of these says, should take precedence in the event of a contradiction. :)

The tank uses a 510 Boge cartomizer, you pick whether you want a low resistance or a standard resistance and the drop-down specifically says Boge. So that means it does NOT use the Smoktech 510-size cartos that have that "flange" that is wider than the diameter of the carto at the bottom (like the Smoktech tanks use and which are usually called something like "smoktech tank replacement cartomizer"). Only pointing this out because when you go to buy replacement cartos you want to make sure you don't buy that kind by mistake. Unless the Baby Notta will work with this kind too, Stormy or someone who has one could answer that. But since you're going to be using this with a Provari to be honest I wouldn't bother with them anyway.

The Boge 510 cartomizer is held in high respect by the majority of people I have seen intelligent reviews and experienced advice from who actually HAVE a Provari and aren't the type who are obsessed with cranking the lowest resistance and highest coil-count cartomizer up to 6.0 volts because they believe for some reason that that is the only way to "get a good vape". And since it's a Provari, the standard resistance (~3ohm) is a good choice.

You can buy extras from Stormy that are pre-punched for the Baby Notta, or if you will be punching your own, just pick up Boge 510 stainless cartos. She has them at a great price.

I have seen some people say that a 510-to-510 adapter/extender may not be a bad idea with some tanks on the Provari, to elevate it up a bit from the juice well. Should make cleaning the juice well area without having to remove the tank first a biteasier, and could also save wear and tear on the Provari's 510 threads if you detach the carto from the 510 adapter to take the tank off. Note, I don't have a Provari yet, I'm waiting for blue LED lighting....

Stormy says the tank has been tested by many and proven to be leak proof. I've learned that you can count on what she says. So this is probably a good distinguishing characteristic of this tank, in comparison to others in this class / price range. I can tell you that 2 guys I work with have experienced leaks with their tanks, one is a Volcano branded (and tube-labeled) lava tank that he has told me he really wasn't very happy with (it had leaked into his pocket) - but he does still use it off and on -- and the other guy's is a Smoktech 5ml dual coil carto tank. He has done a lot of fiddling, cleaning and reassembling, etc. to try to get it to stop leaking and has had no luck. The guy with the 5ml smoktech also has a 3.5ml one that he has been pretty happy with.

As far as the tube goes... the product description says it is polycarbonate. So it may be sensitive/reactive to some liquids. There are some lists you can find out there if you search for liquids known to react with polycarbonate plastic. They don't all react to the same degree of course.

Hope this is helpful until someone with direct experience with them chimes in.

cheers,
Nic-holio

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Nice instructions Nic! Thanks for the input. One thing I do a little different from the vid is that I fill it by turning it upside down, put the needle between the tank and the grommet and fill to the hole. It's pretty simple. I only fill the carto a bit the first time when it's new. After that, just fill from the bottom. Hope this helps.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Great info Nic-holio ---- The only thing I would add as a ProVari owner is to be careful if you do use a 510 - 510 adapter. It adds length to the overall setup and also a very easy point for breaking if you knock over the device by accident. (does this sound like I am talking from personal experience???? LOL)
The adapter definitely helps some tanks "breathe" better, but I've found you generally don't need it. I can't speak for the Baby Notta tank yet.
Nic -- you should write instruction manuals..... your post was very easy to read and understand..... Great job!!!!
horton -- out

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Thanks for all the helpful info. I went ahead and ordered a few hours after I posted. Got some extra carto's and some tips that keep the drip going on the normal one Ive been using. Dripping every 3 puffs is old already, but I love the amount of vapor this thing puts out. I cant stand the boge cartridges anymore. Clear liquid has little vapor in comparison, and one was even DOA. Ive only used 4 so far. Then if I use something dark they last only a couple hours. Then wont take anymore juice. It just comes out the bottom.

I have been keeping my eye out for a ultrasonic cleaner also. All this buying is getting to my pocket though. Maybe I should have ordered a lower cost vv pv. Oh well its done now and im stuck with it. Hope this stuff works for me. I have high hopes.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Is it normal for this to leak at the connection to the battery?

I found out its a good idea to have a holder for this thing with a tank on it. It was standing up on a tv tray and did some rocking so I decided to set it on its side. Rolled right off and broke the first cart at the connection. What luck.

My only gripe with this tank is that its not easy to fill or save juice thats inside it. I lost the what little bit of rootbeer you guys sent me when the cart broke. That rootbeer is vapor heaven. I now can say that I like the dark stuff a lot better. I have jack and coke in it now. Good vape. Im still glad I got this tank. Its a cheap way to test the waters anyways.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I found the fix to my problem thanks to a person at uk vapers. Take the top plug and .... it up so juice does not leak out. Turn the tank on its side allowing air to be pushed in the hole for the carto and not juice. If u line up the hole in the tank with the hole in the carto (tank hole at top of course) your golden.

Might want to stop putting holes in the tank. It is useless since you have to take the entire tank apart every time you add more juice. Unless im doing that wrong too? I just push the carto out and put the rubber on the bottom of carto, then slid in the tank at bottom. Then I do the top last. Only I was plunging juice in the carto before. If this is too confusing I can record and up load a you tube flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread