Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Yeah, the istick is a great little device for what it is: a small, inexpensive step up from egos that can hold a charge for a while! But I purchased a VTR as my step up (15watt max), and abandoned it as quickly as possible. Again, nice device, but not for rebuilding, after a certain point, for me. To power dual 28ga coils, it really takes 25+ watts, so the istick would be quite limiting after a certain point.

But 40 watts is quite nice! That's all I'm getting from my mechs, if even 40 watts, and it's enough to fog up a car with a couple good blasts. I realize clouds aren't an endgame, but it does make the vape much more satisfying, for me.

You may well find yourself wanting more than 40 watts at some point, but it would be plenty for a great many tanks (as opposed to drippers).

I don't want to sell you on the DNA40, but if i were in your position, I'd look into it. Wish I could provide options, but hopefully others continue to. I just know USA-based Evolv is being rock solid with customer service at the moment, which is good for a device you plan on using for a while.

yeah I agree there is no growth with the iStick. 40 watts is pretty nice. But for me less than 50 watts is a deal breaker. Just not enough power to build some more complex rda stuff. Wish more companies would dive into the 50 watt boxes instead of seeing if they can jump start a buick.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Rebuilding will be in my future for sure, just not quite yet. Its one of the main reasons for asking for advice here because i do want something to grow into. I mean, i hear good things about the istick i originally wanted, and im sure it would do me good, but can i really grow into it? Something like the dna40 you mentioned sounds a lot better for growing into.

Nowadays, the istick is really more of a good starter device.
Since you've already started, a device to grow into would be a replaceable battery mod.

dna40 is more of a cutting edge device, and I expect by next year alot might change in the area of temperature control - which is what the dna40 is mostly about.

cn777

Dec 14, 2014
Finally happy...

itaste 134 mini
Nautilus Mini (I recommend getting a fancy replacement tank too just to impress!)
AW batteries
A slick 4 bay battery charger

Works great, looks cool, everyone will ask you about it.
Covered from functionality to cool factor.

That's for basic vaping. The subohm guys will take you down different roads, but those could be rabbit holes atm.

Alternately, MVP allows you to charge a cellphone
If you want something similar but smaller (but can't charge cellphone), the iStick is pretty decent.

Chesh97

Dec 14, 2014
Indiana
When I first started vaping, I had an ego set up with an aerotank. I then bought a VTR and thought that was great...until a friend just bought me an istick with a nautilis mini tank. I absolutely love this set-up. It's around $65 for the istick and tank... and I don't think you can go wrong. You don't have to spent a lot of money to have something that vapes well.

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
I went the other route...

I bought a Copper Mechanical (Nemesis) cause I'm tired of firmware glitches, 22 cent micro-switches that cant be replaced going bad and I dont mind spending a few extra minutes when I change the battery cleaning and inspecting. I started with a cheap clone and am going to "upgrade" to Authentics as the overtime allows.....Theres a small learning curve on mechanicals though and if your interested I can sling some links at ya.

Buy a good simple design and some high quality batterys if you follow.

Super T Manufacturing Inc.

The Flagship - Mechs / Mods - Advanced

The Ragnarok SS Mod by VLS

Research research research.....theres alot of new 30 watt mini's out there that should do ya well.

Id also Look at a Provape Provari if you think a tube mod would work. They are bullet and telephone van Proof ( inside joke) and are in viewing distance of your price range.

ProVari Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread