Need advice! Vamo or Innokin MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
I just started back vaping a little less than a month ago and I have three eGo bats and three EVOD clearomizers. One of my bats was from a former kit. The fourth (the other from the older kit) no longer works. My newer bats are not holding a charge like they did 3 weeks ago. *sigh* So I need something quick. No time to wait on fasttech, unfortunately. BUT, I found a relatively local B&M that has both the Vamo complete kit (bat, charger, carrying case...similar to the fasttech kit) AND the MVP kit. They are, of course, a little more expensive than the Fasttech kits, but definitely not unreasonably so. Vamo kit is only $10 more than the MVP, so I could go either way. But I keep waffling on which to get!

Had my heart set on a Vamo in the beginning but I am loving what I am reading about the MVP.

Can I use my EVODS on both? Either? Which is more reliable, user friendly, better vape quality?

This will be the first time I've ever owned anything more complicated than a very basic starter kit and I am totally torn. Help!

Last edited:

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Sadly, you are going to get as many opinions on this matter as there are stars in the night sky.

Both are eGo threaded, so your EVODS will work on either. Reliability? User friendliness? Better vape quality? - eh, all highly subjective based on individual use.

Personally, I would go with the MVP for a lot of different reasons - primarily, it has a MUCH bigger battery (although not removable) and it is smaller and more portable. It's only disadvantages - IMO - are 1) it is 'only' a VV device and 2) it doesn't have an ohms meter built in.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
I just almost have myself talked into an MVP, so that sort of pushes me over the brink, decision wise. I'm watching PBusardo's review on it right now and it just seems like a solid piece. Every review I've read on it has been stellar as well. Plus it's $10 cheaper so I can add a couple of EVODS to my collection and justify buying more juice. :p

Thanks for your input! :)

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
I have both but only bought a second MVP,great daily device.

Good luck!:)

Thank you! That speaks volumes. :)

Recently went through the same decision and went with the MVP primarily due to form factor, the Vamo is just huge. I just could see myself taking that thing out of the house.

Yes! That is definitely a factor for me as well. I fancy myself a Jedi (Twi'lek, to be specific.....note the avatar :p) but I really am not fond of the idea of vaping from a lightsaber. :laugh:

(Though, if someone were to buy me THIS I would certainly not turn it down. ;))

Even though it is a box (and I SWORE I would never get a box mod.....haha) it seems sleeker somehow than the Vamo. But I've never held either and I've never seen them in person, I'm only going off of pics I've seen of both.

Holy parenthesis, Batman!

Anyway, thanks again everyone! I am going tomorrow to get it. I can't wait.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Yes! That is definitely a factor for me as well. I fancy myself a Jedi (Twi'lek, to be specific.....note the avatar :p) but I really am not fond of the idea of vaping from a lightsaber. :laugh:

(Though, if someone were to buy me THIS I would certainly not turn it down. ;))
Well, in this case ...DON'T look at these photos and DON'T look at this jwrap for the Vamo.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
i love the MVP. much more pocketable than a tube mod, plus im not a big fan of holding something that looks like a dildo next to my mouth...haha

cant wait to see that new mod that innokin is coming out with. looks really nice, and the cleao/tanks stay tucked away nicely. but i am just a fan of the box mods. would love to have a billetbox someday.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Don't have a Vamo, do have an MVP.

I've read that with the Vamo you need to use a 510 to ego adapter to use the Evod, perhaps others will clarify that. Def NOT needed on the MVP. Apparently the well on the Vamo is a tad snug, and grabs the Evod base when removing it, resulting in juice dumps.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I have the MVP and the Tesla... I love them both equally, but the MVP sees more use because of its smaller form factor, the fact that it can be used as a passthrough, and the fact that I don't have to carry a spare battery or bulky dedicated charger around... I just use the one for my phone. If I were in your position, I'd get the MVP and save a few coins to get a better tube mod some time down the road.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Well, in this case ...DON'T look at these photos and DON'T look at this jwrap for the Vamo.

Oh no!! haha You just had'ta go and show me those.....
Man, now I'm thinking of the possibilities for DragonCon. My prop lightsaber is VERY heavy. How cool would it be to have a prop that I can also vape??

*sigh*

Still, I think I will get the MVP now and save up for a Provari and then lightsaber the crap out of it. :laugh:

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Don't have a Vamo, do have an MVP.

I've read that with the Vamo you need to use a 510 to ego adapter to use the Evod, perhaps others will clarify that. Def NOT needed on the MVP. Apparently the well on the Vamo is a tad snug, and grabs the Evod base when removing it, resulting in juice dumps.

My eGo bats do that, too. I have a friggin juice stain on a good number of my shirts to prove it. :glare:
I am very happy to hear that my evods will work without an adapter, though. That makes me very happy.

I have the MVP and the Tesla... I love them both equally, but the MVP sees more use because of its smaller form factor, the fact that it can be used as a passthrough, and the fact that I don't have to carry a spare battery or bulky dedicated charger around... I just use the one for my phone. If I were in your position, I'd get the MVP and save a few coins to get a better tube mod some time down the road.

Yes, I love that about it. I read a review last night that put it perfectly. It said that this is the perfect mod for a late night infomercial because of the cool extra stuff it does. Although I have to say that, at least right now, if I were stuck in the desert and my phone died....I'd have to let it stay dead so I could keep vaping. :laugh:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I just almost have myself talked into an MVP, so that sort of pushes me over the brink, decision wise. I'm watching PBusardo's review on it right now and it just seems like a solid piece. Every review I've read on it has been stellar as well. Plus it's $10 cheaper so I can add a couple of EVODS to my collection and justify buying more juice. :p

Thanks for your input! :)

Doesn't that review mention you need so much of a charge to get it to work as a pass through? The MVP is going to leave you needing a backup because of battery power (besides needing a backup for system failures). As I found out with my eGo PT, keeping a battery topped up shortens lifespan so while that would be an option until you got a backup it comes with a price.

I've heard mention of certain Kangers (T3?) needing an adapter for the Vamo.

Assuming you mean it comes with 2 18650's the Vamo won't leave you needing power. And if someone says something about the size or shape you can beat them with it.

Personally if you're stuck between the two I'd say plan to get them both. Vamo first because running out of power is a matter of putting in a new battery. You need a backup and you probably won't be happy with your eGo batteries after you've spent some time with the variables.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
MVP. Solid, performs exceptionally well, small, portable and delivers a great vape.

It's always good to have back up batteries, of course. I have my Triton Tank (ego) that work as a back up. Still satisfying.

As far as a passthru with the MVP, you can use it if the light is green on the charge; from my experiences, charging from red, to yellow to green is quick... it's the last, long charge on green that takes longest until the light shuts off.

DudeAbides

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2013
Central California
MVP. Nice sturdy, compact, looooong bat life. easier to stealth with or gets less glares because it doesn't look like a light saber. Thats why I bought mine and I love it. I go 3-4 DAYS between charges. You have plenty of time to find an outlet. The lights on the button give ample warning when it starts going down, from green, yellow to red.

Dont have the vamo, but the looks of that style mod is off-putting to me.

Last edited:

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina
I have both. I love both of them, but the MVP gets the most use. It lasts me almost 2 days between charges (Heavy vaper here), fits in my pocket and hand much easier than the VAMO, and doesn't suffer from the PWM stutter vape that the VAMO suffers from. While the MVP is charging, I break out the VAMO, or my eVic, or a mechanical, but the MVP is what I use the majority of the time. The only thing the MVP is missing, is the resistance checker. But I typically use my rebuildables on the VAMO and on my mechanicals and stick to EVOD/Protank/Cartotanks for my MVP.

Also, there are some Star Wars wraps for the MVP. No lightsaber wraps, but here is a C3PO wrap:
C.3.P.O. MVP | Vapor Skinz

JWraps also has 2 lightsaber wraps and the R2D2 wrap for the mvp. I am more of a Doctor Who fan, so I have the Tardis Bad Wolf wrap ordered for mine: Tardis BAD WOLF MVP | Vapor Skinz

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
I have both. I love both of them, but the MVP gets the most use. It lasts me almost 2 days between charges (Heavy vaper here), fits in my pocket and hand much easier than the VAMO, and doesn't suffer from the PWM stutter vape that the VAMO suffers from. While the MVP is charging, I break out the VAMO, or my eVic, or a mechanical, but the MVP is what I use the majority of the time. The only thing the MVP is missing, is the resistance checker. But I typically use my rebuildables on the VAMO and on my mechanicals and stick to EVOD/Protank/Cartotanks for my MVP.

Also, there are some Star Wars wraps for the MVP. No lightsaber wraps, but here is a C3PO wrap:
C.3.P.O. MVP | Vapor Skinz

JWraps also has 2 lightsaber wraps and the R2D2 wrap for the mvp. I am more of a Doctor Who fan, so I have the Tardis Bad Wolf wrap ordered for mine: Tardis BAD WOLF MVP | Vapor Skinz

Oooooh! They have Chewie, too! Thank you for the link! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread