Need E Juice thats is better than a cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Nothing tastes like a cigarette. Nothing replicates smoking a tobacco cigarette. But many vapors taste very good, better than tobacco smoke. You need to find one that you really like, and enjoy it.

Many here say they prefer the taste of vapor to smoke. You might find that to be the case, as well. Certainly those around you will prefer your vapor. Good luck.

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
I think you just have to adjust to a flavor. Just like your first cigarette none of this is actually yummy. If you are smoking analogs with e-cigs you will still be comparing the two and attempting to match the taste of your favorite brand. I would bet that if you give any one flavor (that does not make you puke) about a week, you will become familiar with it and eventully like it. I smoke a regular cigarette once a week and that first puff just about does make me hurl. After about three puffs my brain seems to remember why I liked to do this so much. I am sure if I went a whole day smoking real cigs, my e-cig would not taste good again. I try not to switch around from flavor to flavor for this very reason. I am in it for the nic and nothing more. In short, I bet if I trained my dog to bite me in the ... 14 times every half hour for 30 years I would probably learn to like that too.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I like the ry4, I think it tastes like red man chewing tobacco, but you can taste a distinct tobacco flavor with something mixed in a bit sweeter but not too sweet more like molases.

The pipe tobacco flavor has a very strong tobacco thing going on too.

Have you tried mixing?
I found that the sweetness in PG distracts your brain from the tobacco essence of the e-liquid. I got CML liquid and it tasted nothing like tobacco never mind the real thing. I tried mixing it with green apple, the sweetness of the PG paired with the apple flavor which made the tobacco flavor more distinct and prominent, it was like smoking apple pipe tobacco.
It was way better then either liquid alone.

That's why I think combo's like
mint/tobacco
clove/tobacco
vanilla/tobacco

work well because having a flavor which is naturally sweet let's your brain justify the sweet taste of the PG, thus seperating and distinguishing the tobacco flavor.

But I would go with the RY4, it seems to be most peoples Favorite, you can smoke it all day every day, and there is no fuss mixing, I have had a few regretable flavor combos which I could net get out of my atomiser.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Have you tried flue cured. I had a sample of this with the SD. Not sure who's liquid it is but it was a lot nicer than I was expecting. Good throat hit and nice vapour.

Maybe you could try French Pipe or the apparently hard hitting Heavy Shag. I haven't tried those 2 personally.

I myself prefer to vape nice fruity flavours and menthol and find it hard to understand why people want something that tastes just like a real cig.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I myself prefer to vape nice fruity flavours and menthol and find it hard to understand why people want something that tastes just like a real cig.

I don't know how old you are but I will be 32 this yr and have been smoking a pack of CML lights a day since I was 12.
I have built an association with smoke and flavor it's not just about the nicotine or the throat hit.

Being addicted to cigs sucks because it's not just an addiction, it's also a series of compulsions and habits, I think a better tobacco flavor would appeal to more people, help to convert the skeptical, and keep some of us multi decade smokers from falling off the wagon.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I agree, K-Sound, and there was a kind of promise many months ago that the taste/fragrance wizards in Chinese factories could duplicate the exact smoky taste of any commercial cigarette: Marlboro, Kent, Camel, Lucky Strike. What a joke. They haven't gotten one even close to any tobacco smoke.

That said, I love RY4 from JantyUSA more than any other I've used. Flue-cured tobacco, however, is very good. Heavy Shag is the heaviest hitter.

GabbyD

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Southern U.S.
The taste was quite an adjustment for me as well, after smoking various full flavor cigs (mostly Marlboro) for 25 years.

I'm not a fruit lover, so I haven't even experimented down that route yet. I've adjusted to liking the various tobacco flavors okay. Then I added vanilla and really did like that. Now English Toffee from the Lorann flavorings and that's working for me. Today I tried Kick juice in coffee flavor and it's okay. Any of these, or a combination, will work for me. It has and continues to take some resistance for me to totally avoid the real cigarettes, but I tried a few puffs last night and not only did it taste terrible (after two full weeks without so much as a drag) it also burned my throat. The way I see it, regular cigarettes taste awful but your brain makes you think you like it because it likes the nicotine so much, so I'm re-training my brain, that's all. It seems to be working.

I'd keep trying flavors and try mixing and try to give the e-cig a few more minutes when you're tempted to light up and see if you can take it a step further each time.

Good luck!

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
I agree Gabby .... re-training your brain ..... at no time have I said I quit smoking ... lol ohhh no, no, nooooo ... I said (to myself and others) I've changed the way I get my nicotine, and it turns out .. it's a much more pleasant (for everybody) way .... Have I found a flavor I love .. nope .. not yet , but just about anything is preferable to your 40th+ cigarette for the day ...

Jammi98

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I think the 555 flavor is one of the closer attempts at cigarette taste. Maybe I think it's what a cigarette SHOULD taste like :) It's available from several resellers.

RY4 (Janty) or Riskee Juice (puresmoker) is the flavor I like the best. It's a smokey sweet-ish flavor. Not cigarette-like but good enough that I would rather have it than a cigarette, so you might give it a try.

Mixing riskee with 555 would appeal greatly to those who want more of a tobacco flavour, but a smooth, sweeter tasting smoke. I find that some of the cig flavours are quite bitter/bland on their own. But the riskee really helps to round it out quite a bit :thumb:

There are so many flavour combos out there which are much better than either pure flavour alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread