Need good recipes to try out with these flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

amagos

Sep 3, 2015
Cyprus
Hey fam. I'm up mixing and trying flavors, and i wanted to hear out ideas for new flavors to try.

Here are my flavorings:
Apple (TPA)
Blueberry (Cap)
Caramel (FA)
Cola (Cap)
Graham Cracker (Cap)
Irish Cream (Cap)
Menthol (TPA)
New York Cheesecake (Cap)
Peaches and Cream (Cap)
Pineapple (TPA)
Pralines and Cream (Cap)
Sugar Cookie (Cap)
Vanilla custard v1 (Cap)
Vanilla Cupcake v1 (Cap)
Waffle (Cap)

Any ideas for a good mix to try out?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi there @amagos :)

I'm not sure if I can post links for these sites here, but there are a couple like DIYRecipes and ELiquidCalculator where you can plug your flavors in and get some suggestions on what flavors you can make.

I think some of the CAP flavors can be good on their own. I mix more with TPA/TFA flavors, and use many in combination.

With what you have listed, you might consider Apple/Caramel/Graham Cracker/Cheesecake or Blueberry/Graham Cracker/Cheesecake (with a touch of custard?)

Pineapple with a touch of menthol?

I would recommend making small batches at first. Over in the TFA thread, there's a recommendation to do what's called a 100 Drop Test. This means that one drop = 1% of your total mix. It will yield about 3-5mL (depending on drop size)

For EXAMPLE - I don't know if these are good ratios for the CAP flavors

Apple - 10
Caramel - 3-5
Graham Cracker 2-5
Cheesecake - 5

Low end, this means 20 drops of flavor (total 20% flavoring.) Then you need 80 drops of PG/VG/Nic to round out your mix.

Get your hands on a juice calculator - eJuiceMeUp is a good one. Take REALLY GOOD notes. Only you can tell if you like the result.

By mixing in very small amounts, you're not wasting a whole lot, and then you can decide on the next iteration if you need more or less of various flavorings.

You can keep adjusting the existing batch (testing with some sort of RDA is helpful because you aren't filling a tank and then possibly wasting) Just keep count of how many drops you load your testing topper and then note how many drops of what you add to complement back to 100 total drops. End result should be your recipe.

I also like different vanillas and creams to round out flavors. You may not think they'll make sense, but they can enhance a mix when used sparingly. Brighten your primary flavors with the background notes.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Reactions: amagos

amagos

Sep 3, 2015
Cyprus
Will try your Apple/Caramel/Graham/cheesecake mix tommorow. Note that CAP flavors are strong, and that a flavor in a mix should not be more than 5%, unless it's alone.

About the calculator, i use the E-Juice Lab app on my android phone. It's by far, the best calculator/app that I've seen. I save all of the batches i did, and all of my recipes on it.
Here are some of my recipes i did and a few pictures of the app:

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread