need guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Hello all,

First off I went crazy and bout a "smoking everywhere" e-cig (yes i know, i'm sorry) but was wonder if this "gold" e-cig since it has wool filled cartidges could be refilled (my experience is that since Oct when I got it, all 5 are now dry and lasted maybe 3 cigarettes) as I'm about to tell this company with a note attached to "Take this e-cig, turn that sum[bleep] sideways and shove it straight up thier roody poo candy [bleep]es." :)evil: can you tell i'm frustrated?) Anywho was also thinking about a Dragon (m401 i think it is) cause it looks nice and probably is a better quality e-cig. What I'm looking for is the hit and "smoke" blown out from a marlboro red king via any known e-juice or mix (if it is wise to refill the smoking everywhere e-cig or not)

catwoman19

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Orlando
Hello all,

First off I went crazy and bout a "smoking everywhere" e-cig (yes i know, i'm sorry) but was wonder if this "gold" e-cig since it has wool filled cartidges could be refilled (my experience is that since Oct when I got it, all 5 are now dry and lasted maybe 3 cigarettes) as I'm about to tell this company with a note attached to "Take this e-cig, turn that sum[bleep] sideways and shove it straight up thier roody poo candy [bleep]es." :)evil: can you tell i'm frustrated?) Anywho was also thinking about a Dragon (m401 i think it is) cause it looks nice and probably is a better quality e-cig. What I'm looking for is the hit and "smoke" blown out from a marlboro red king via any known e-juice or mix (if it is wise to refill the smoking everywhere e-cig or not)

That's why this forum should be looked at BEFORE you buy. Do yourself a favor and buy either the 510 or Vapor King. Yes you can refill the cartos on the SE, just take the plastic sheath off the atomizer and fill

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
That's why this forum should be looked at BEFORE you buy. Do yourself a favor and buy either the 510 or Vapor King. Yes you can refill the cartos on the SE, just take the plastic sheath off the atomizer and fill

Ok to which plastic sheath are you referring to? The atomizer is encased in what appears to be metal (well not incase but buried inside), now the cartridge has a white plastic sheath inside where the wool or cotton or whatever it is, is shoved into. is that what you mean?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
as did mine..thought those yahoos at SE tried to screw me at first then noticed there where 5 with something actually in them :)

Take a look at the first picture/illustration here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...se-do-not-post-here-thank-you.html#post557761

The 'cartridge' in your ecig is in the mouthpiece like the one shown. The filler (wool) is inside the cartridge and you can fill that will ejuice, which you can get at any of the suppliers at this site - go to the main page and scroll toward the bottom to the suppliers' forums, which have links to their sites.

I'd also recommend the 510 manual which is the Joye 510, (aka Dura C, Titan, Yeti and other names but they're all 510's).

However, you might also check out this sub forum for your model:

RN 4081 *Super Mini* - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

They can help you get the most from your Smok. Everywhere gold.

Eloc187

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Independence, Missouri
Ok I did the same thing couldn't wait for my 510 to get to me so I went to the local mall and bought the Smoking Everywhere Gold Edition for $70 all because I could wait and also since I would always have a backup if I was ever without backup parts for my 510. The SE came with a lifetime warranty so just have to run back to the mall and trade it out if anything stops working. As far as amount of vape or throat hit it sucks imo but is a little better if you use the blank cart and just use it to direct drip on the atty. All you do is drip 2-3 I do 3 right on top of the wire mesh of the atty and put the empty cap back on and it last 5-10 puffs before you get the dry burnt taste. Its the only way I use the SE now and is the only way I would recommend using it since the filler in the cart is a pain to refill since its so far down in the cart and the carts tend to leak and get in your mouth everytime you use it. I would suggest buying a 510 kit many site to get it as low as $35 (Cignot.com no box kit but he is out of stock due to his supplier in China is on a week long holiday). I love mine if you do get a 510 make sure to pick up a PCC Personal charging case since it will make sure you always have a charged battery even if you are out and about. I ordered 5 flavors of e-liquid from wetyourstick.com and got them in 3 days very fast shipping and all are great.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

The 'cartridge' in your ecig is in the mouthpiece like the one shown. The filler (wool) is inside the cartridge and you can fill that will ejuice, which you can get at any of the suppliers at this site - go to the main page and scroll toward the bottom to the suppliers' forums, which have links to their sites.

I'd also recommend the 510 manual which is the Joye 510, (aka Dura C, Titan, Yeti and other names but they're all 510's).

ok so i wouldn't necessarily have to take the white plastic out? the challenge would be getting a syringe down there or getting extremely lucky with droplets

Eloc187

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Independence, Missouri
You can do it with just dripping it into the filler but the only problem is if you drip too much you cant remove the extra without pulling the white cup that hold the filler out of the cart. You can pull it out with tweezers if you like or do what I did just tap in on a table and it will come out and refill it that way but remember the carts on these hold about half the amount of fill as a 510 or most other e-cigs so it only takes between 3-5 drips if you are just refilling it so your going to be refilling often.

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

and I read some of these forum entries...a good majority seem to like the 510...but what about the

also from what i read here a good majority like the 510, but what about the M401 Dragon? I've read a few posts where the 510's battery doesn't last all that long?

Eloc187

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Independence, Missouri
The 510 battery does drain faster then a lot of them but it is still worth it for the quality and vapor and throat hit it gives at the cost of less battery life. That is where the PCC comes in it will keep the second battery charged as it is in the case even when you are out and about. Most 510 kits come with two complete e-cigs and a wall charger so as one battery dies you just put the other in the PCC and use the other it will charge the other in about an hour. A battery for me last around 2 hours so I always have a freshly charged battery ready so thats not a problem at all.

Eloc187

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Independence, Missouri
I did a lot of reading on this site and a lot of post said this is one the best to start with so I went with it and love mine so far but just read up on all the different ones and chose what sounds best for your needs really. I just like the 510 myself due to how many people sell parts for them so you can get great prices for the kits or parts unlike some who are only sold by a few people. The only suggestion I would give is that you order from someone located in the US or where every you are that has them in stock due to the holiday in China. If you order from China expect to wait a few weeks to get a kit. All of the vendors I have ordered from here have been here in 2-4 days so far but all have been here in the US.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
ok so i wouldn't necessarily have to take the white plastic out? the challenge would be getting a syringe down there or getting extremely lucky with droplets

As Eloc says, no you don't have to but another poster has pointed out that this model is the worst of both worlds - neither the atomizer or cartridge are easily accessed - both recessed and you either have to use a syringe to fill the cart or eyeball it all the way down or you will end up with juice in your mouth.... esp. since you have to do that primer puff or a hard puff to start the battery. Slow draws 'as if you're drinking a thick shake through a straw' is about the best advice that is given for these models.

The 510 is popular for a reason - the manual battery allows you to control the heating of the atomizer - push the button before you draw - that way the juice is already vaporized and ready to draw just like a cigarette. The 401 auto will suffer from the same problem with almost all autos - you have to start the battery to heat up the atomizer to vaporize the juice and you can get juice in the mouth during that process. And if you take too long, the auto will cut you off in the middle of a drag and then go into a 'time out' before you can vape again. That 'delay' is a big factor, imo, of why some auto batt models 'last longer' than the 510 battery - but you aren't vaping during that time out, so of course it might be longer between recharges.

And for the size of the 510 (considered 'mini' - where the SE is a 'supermini') there is no other ecig that size that creates more vapor and gets a better throat hit while maintaining good flavor on most juices. Some fruit juices taste better with a cooler vape such as the 901 or Janty Stick (801), but you can still taste the apple, coconut, etc. on the 510. Tobacco based juices like Kent, Hilton, Flu Cured, Camel etc. do well on the 510.

The trick with the 510 is to hit the button before drawing, let off the button when you're not drawing and your batteries will last longer. IOW, don't hang on the button. :)

That said, the newer 'mega batteries' from Totally Wicked last about 2x the time of the regular 510 batteries and are the next best thing to having a 510 battery mod (modification for a long life battery which calls for the need for a new "box" for the battery and some skill in putting one together).

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
I have an RN4081(SmokeStik) that I bought at a local headshop. I used it for two days and knew that e-cigs could easily replace analogs but the RN4081 would leak in my mouth, then the battery would die then the cart would be empty.

The second day is when I found ECF.

I ordered a 510 kit with MANUAL batteries and some juice waited 3 days and haven't had an analog since!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread