Need Help Advice Upgrading to Bigger tank Carto System Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
I am working on vaping again and trying to quit smoking analogs. One of my main issues is being in the car driving and my old cartos were not holding enough liquid and I could not change them out while driving so I tried to search out something that held larger amounts of liquid.

I have been away from the vaping world for some time now so I am behind the times on the tech part of things. I found the CE2's and got some of them but I am having a dickens of a time filling them SIGH and I got some Starburst CE4's I think that I love but 2 of the darn things quit working a week after I got them. I have to vape strictly VG due to an allergy issue so I am not sure if the thickness of the liquid attributed to that or not. I contacted the person who I purchased them from to see if there was a way I could clean them or do something to maybe get them to work again but they have not bothered to even answer my email SIGH. I don't want to purchase any more of these if they are not going to hold up any better than that with the cost of them.

Anyway, I need some good advice here as to what I need to purchase in the way of that will give me what I need in the form of a tank that holds at least 1.5 mil of liquid or more preferably and works with an Ego or Joytech battery. I am also open to a mod if it is affordable.

Thanks I know that with all the great minds here someone can steer me in the right direction!!!!

Kim

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Tank/carto systems allow you to carry a lot of juice and greatly reduce the frequency of refilling. My experience with them has been great overall, but there was a learning curve, at least for me. There are a lot of choices of tank/carto systems, but they are really all variations on a common theme - a tank to hold a lot of juice, and a heating element (carto) to suck up the juice and produce turn the juice into vapor. You can buy cheap, effective tanks to hold the juice, or beautiful (expensive) works of art to hold the juice, But in the end, they are all just tanks. In carto's, you have a choice of resistances and dual coil or single coil. There are many opinions on which is best.The carto has to have an opening (one or more) to suck the juice into it. Some carto's come pre-punhced with hole, some come without any pre-puncing and will need to be punched or slotted by the user. The biggest complaint I have seen about tanks is leakage. This is the result of a bad seal between the bottom of the carto and the tank. My guess about why this happens is either a bad o-ring in the bottom cap of the tank or a mis-sized, mis-shaped carto. Replacing o-rings in a tank cap is a very easy thing to do. Buying quality, pre-punched cartos should almost eliminate mis-sized, mis-chaped carto's. I think a lot of carto's get messed up when people try to punch them with nails and screws. There are punch systems available to solve this problem. You can also slot your own carto's (my personal choice) with a dremel tool or hack saw (the dremel is much easier and there is an excellent youtube video that describes how to this). All in all, I have found the tank/carto system to be the most reliable, economical system for carrying a lot of juice.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
I have some tank/carto sets but I've been using some 510 xl mega single coil cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping. They're called Resurrectors and they hold 2.5 ml. Another solution to carry more liquid is an EGo mega dual coil carto like this: eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip. They can be found in clear or stainless and you can also find them with round tips or buy a drip tip sized for these. These puppies hold over 4 ml.

C1BERUS

Aug 14, 2010
Indonesia
Just buy BOGE 510 LR 2,0 ohm if you want it run with ego or joytech battery, the carto it self can hold around 1ml of juice ( Standart) or the XL LR it can hold 1,5ml , if you want more juice, you can buy a tank system, with 3,5mm ( boge 510 LR standart ) it can hold 4,5ml or 4,5mm ( boge 510 LR XL ) it can hold 6ml of juice.
Tank price wise is smoktek DC tank, you can use their tank with boge carto, but you have to punch the carto by your self.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I've been using a Vivi Nova version 2 for the past week, not the hint of a leak or dry hit, burnt taste, on 50/50 juice. Still using the first of 3 replaceable coils that come with the kit. Too early to tell how long they will hold up, but a weeks worth of vaping on one carto coil and I'm happy. For the price they are worth giving one a try.

Been trying tanks from the early CE2 type (structural problems, leaky), to DCT (floods to easily), single coil cartos and CE2 in tanks, Vision eGo cleros.....etc. The Vivi Nova is easier to fill, vapes very nice and hasn't leaked a drop..:)

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
I looked at the Vivi Nova 2 System and I like the looks of it. It seems simple to operate and if I am looking at this correctly you only have to replace the coil correct? I like the fact that the coils are relatively inexpensive to replace and hope that they will last for a while. Does anyone have recommendations on what Ohm to get as far as replacement coils? What is the main difference there?

Thanks for the heads up on this Stosh as I was going to come and ask about this sytem after getting an email about it from GP right before I went camping for the weekend. I was really disgusted as one of my 2 remaining Stardust type cartos bit the dust right before I left UGGGH!!!! I think I am going to order this system and see how it goes. I really want to get something that works without issues and I can get a decent amount of juice in!!!!

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help and advice. I appreciate it.

Hmmm I was just reading that they don't recommend using the 1st version with 100% VG which is what I have to use. I wonder if that is still an issue with the 2???? Anyone know???? Is this due to the thickness of the liquid? I really don't want to get yet another system and it not work.

Kim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread