Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I have a flashlight I plan to mod. It has a housing that holds 3 AAA's, side-by-side-by-side. Anyone know of good batteries to use, approx. the same diameter as the 3 AAA housing?

Will I need a regulator?

Thanks!

(I just noticed that my dead health e-cig atomizer will serve as a decent connection for my 510 atomizer, and am dying to figure out a way to get better battery life!)

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Your 510 atomizer is the one you want to build for - that thing kicks big ol' .....

If your flashlight is only 3 1/2 inches long, go with a 18500 (any number ending in 500 will fit, but 18 is the biggest and the longest between charges). If your flashlight is 4 inches long, you can use 18650 (it is the behemoth of life between charges).

EDIT: Come to think of it, the 25500 is the biggest (same physical size as a C size battery) and is the same size as your battery pack, but I have not seen it anywhere but DX and it is NOT protected.

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
awesome! Thanks guys...

SUN: Will check out rechargeable 10440's, will those work inside the current battery housing i have?

NICO: I just came across this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/19698-abcs-batteries.html , and it seems as though you are right. My first choice is 18500's (know a good source?), then 17500's, and 14500's, respectively.

Thanks again. I'm gonna have so much fun come payday..

Let's see... Soldering iron, hot glue gun, extra atty's, and USB cables... May even try the RCA connector idea... Will be up for days!!!

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
awesome! Thanks guys...

SUN: Will check out rechargeable 10440's, will those work inside the current battery housing i have?

NICO: I just came across this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/19698-abcs-batteries.html , and it seems as though you are right. My first choice is 18500's (know a good source?), then 17500's, and 14500's, respectively.

Thanks again. I'm gonna have so much fun come payday..

Let's see... Soldering iron, hot glue gun, extra atty's, and USB cables... May even try the RCA connector idea... Will be up for days!!!

COMBO: Ultrafire WF-139 Lithium Ion Charger / 2 Ultrafire 18500 1600mah 3.7v Batteries

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread