Need help choosing cartos for sone new XL-V2 sized tanks I just ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Westmont, IL
I just ordered 1 IBtanked DCT and 2 phiniac custom sandblasted tanks. They are the XL-V2 size. I also ordered a "slap yo mama" tank tool to help me protect the cartos and tank o-rings when I install them. I kept damaging the rings in the Smok pyrex tank that I have been using for a couple of months now.

I really need some advice from experienced DCT users about what would be the best cartomizers I should order that will fit the XL-V2 sized tanks that I ordered. Can some of you DCT experts out there give me any suggestions? I want to order the cartos so I have them in time for when the new tanks arrive. I don't care if they have holes because I have a Quick-Tap O.D. by Diversitech Corporation (thanks P Bussaro) and I can punch my own perfect sized holes. all I care about i that they are dual coil.

Please help!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No replies... Did I do something wrong or post in the wrong place? i didn't mean any disrespect

You didn't do anything wrong.
Just me, I didn't respond up till now because I don't use dual coil carto's.
I've tried them on many occasions, never have had them function/vape to my satisfaction hard to recommend something that Ive tried and determined isn't something I care to use.

If you had asked about single coil - Ikenvape, Boge, smoktech, I prefer 2 large holes, some folks like slotted or the tiny holes.
Each brand is a little different, I'd try them all to see if there is one that stands out to you.

Using a carto punch be sure not to deform the carto, out of round cartos are hard on the o rings when installing and can create leaks.
When I end up with carto's without holes I use a drill press and a sharp bit.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:thumb:
Just me, I didn't respond up till now because I don't use dual coil carto's.
I've tried them on many occasions, never have had them function/vape to my satisfaction hard to recommend something that Ive tried and determined isn't something I care to use.

If you had asked about single coil - Ikenvape, Boge, smoktech, I prefer 2 large holes, some folks like slotted or the tiny holes.
Each brand is a little different, I'd try them all to see if there is one that stands out to you.

Using a carto punch be sure not to deform the carto, out of round cartos are hard on the o rings when installing and can create leaks.
When I end up with carto's without holes I use a drill press and a sharp bit.

I agree with all of the above. Not a fan of dual coils (made only by Smoktech). There's a reason Ikenvape and Boge chose not to make dual coils themselves.

My first choice are Ikenvape Platinum or 510-Fusions, second choice are Smoktech single coil cartos. Never cared much for Boges, just my :2c:

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Vendor List for Pre-Punched Cartomizers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread