Need help deciding between the bogger box and the reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayday_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
st louis MO
Well, FWIW....both REO and Bogger offer VV options.

Of course, it sort of defeats the "mechanical" aspect. But, whatever!
I was actually thinking about the dna 20 with the bogger :D but with the wood you have to bring up durability concerns. The Reo Grand would be nice for the mech but i'm not sure how I will feel about the battery drop off

mayday_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
st louis MO
I have a REO mini and a grand AND a bogger. I would go with the REO. Rock solid, smaller profile, backed up by awesome service. I am not a VV fan, I use LR atties which seems to work fine for me. I'm sure someone who has a VV will chime in soon enough!

Thanks for the tip! Have any of you tried the reomizer they have?

mayday_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
st louis MO
I am impatiently waiting for a boggers DNA20 Redwood Lace Burl / Wenge can't wait! I have a few VVGs and a VVW Reo solid mods can't go wrong with a reo. I have a few of the old sytle reomizers they work pretty good no complaints

Let me know how you like it. I love the way they look but it's so humid here I'm not sure i trust wood mods

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
The only reason I'm thinking mech is so I have something that'll last if it breaks I can fix it myself

I've had my reo for two years and bought it used. I sent it to Rob a few months ago because I thought it wasn't working, and he sent it back to me, said it was fine. Duh! Must have been my batteries. Who knows. I wash it in the sink once a week. If you get a VV, you won't be able to do that. But I do like it. He sells a little repair kit too.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

wabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Northern California
Well, I was looking at the vv Reo Grands today and was surprised to see one that I liked available. I jumped pretty fast to catch it before it was gone. Whew! I didn't intend to do that today, and kind of took myself by surprise. The order went through. I'm not sure when it will be delivered yet.

Of course I suddenly realized that I didn't have batteries for it and rushed to get those ordered. The last thing I want is for the Reo to arrive and then have to wait a long time for the batteries. :)

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I ordered a Bogger DNA20D non-bottom feed on April 28th (cold feet bout getting a bottom-feed), an hour after placing my order I purchased the Mini Bottom-Feed (18500) Bogger Box and received it today.

I've used it ~60 minutes now and I'm happy. I connected a Bridgeless 510 1.5 Ohm Atty, filled the bottle and began vaping, I'm getting very good Vapor & Flavor off the fresh battery.

The fit & finish is excellent, the door is virtually seamless, and it uses to small magnets to secure it. Removing & replacing the door takes a bit of force, the door fits tightly to the frame, the wiring is neatly run along the inside seam of the Mod, neatly soldered & secured. It is a tight fit for the battery & bottle, but there is no chance of anything working loose, it's a really beautiful looking piece of Art.

As far as the durability factor, I don't think I'll be playing catch, swimming with it or using it while participating in a Sporting Activity. Unless I drop it, it should hold up just as well as a Metal Mod which can dent or scratch just as easily as the Bogger, look at some of the used REOs in the Classys.

I like the Bottom-Feed system (I'm kicking myself over the DNA20D) and plan on adding the DNA20D Bottom-Feed in the near future.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I'm in love with Reo mechanicals. It's very subjective, of course, but I don't seem to notice the difference as the battery drops off to, say, 3.7v, at least not on a coil around 1-1.2 ohm.

Word of warning about the kick -- 10W is not all that much, and in order to fit it in, you have to drop one battery size, which is about half your battery capacity :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread