Need help deciding on a single coil RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Was looking at the Pharoah RTA, Ammit 25, OBS Crius 2, And the Vandy Vape Kylin mini. Also saw some good things about the wotofo serpent as well, but idk how recent that is. Maybe even the Zeus single coil?

Any suggestions for a single coil RTA? Help figuring out which of these would suit me best would be appreciated. Also entirely different suggestions are welcome; simply tell me why it should be considered alongside or above the ones I was already looking at.

Edit: not looking for MTL tanks or anything. Going to probably get a kayfun prime (clone) for that until I feel comfortable dropping 120 on an authentic. Until then though I have my kayfun 5 clone for MTL. I am looking for a single coil RTA for general use at the moment.

Reactions: stols001

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I like my Zeus dual, with a single coil. I got it because the single deck is backwards for how I wrap coils. It also has better color choices. I can't say whether it's better or worse with a single than the single but it does work for the singles I wrap.
Time for reverse wrap ? :)

• Agree
Reactions: Zaryk

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I have the Ammit 25 and the Serpent SMM. Find there's not that much between them flavour wise. One time I think one tastes better, then the other one. Build ease is just about the same but IMO the build quality of the Ammit is higher than the Serpent. One thing I really dislike about the Serpent is the fact that it's noisy, there's a definite whistle when using it.

I don't use either much these days, kinda switched to single coil RDAs, but keep them both wicked ready for if I feel I need a tank for anything. I'm kinda tempted to try an Intake RTA with the airflow that comes in from the bottom thinking that might be better, just a bit concerned that I'll end up with yet another RTA that tastes almost the same as the others (great if it tastes better - I'd then box up the other two) and then just gets consigned to the cupboard alongside them for occasional use.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm mostly using single coil RDAs these days as well since I started squonking some months back.

However, some of the newer single coil RTAs I think worth checking out are the Augvape Intake, and the Kaes Solomon 2. Of course there's the Zeus as well, I find the Intake and Solomon 2 a bit easier to build and wick though.

I find top airflow RTAs more preferable these days, no issues with leaking. The airflow on the Intake is a somewhat restricted DL vape, but it's a pretty cool design for a top airflow tank. The airflow actually comes underneath the coil still instead of the sides like other top airflow designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread