The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Need Help deciding on Best Sub Ohm Tank For FLAVOR :)

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by PugLady, Jan 29, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PugLady

PugLady Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    I have used smok dct 2.5ohm cartomizers in a cheap tank for years, the flavor is def pretty good. I bought the New Smok Mag Mod & it came with the Tfv12 prince tank. I HATE the taste of those coils. I get Hardly any flavor and they just taste like plastic or metal to me. I have adjusted wattage settings and airflow, etc in every possible combination and it still tastes awful to me and I gave them plenty of break in time. I primed them well, had no burnt hits just a bad taste.. I have heard ppl raving about the orig Uwell Crown and a few other tanks for the best flavor but I just don't know what way to go. I am NOT a cloud chaser, I do of course enjoy a decent warm release of vapor but I by no means need to see huge clouds. I just don't want to waste money buying another tank thats going to taste just like the prince did, yuck! I don't have money to throw away like that.. Suggestions with reasons from ppl with like experiences or flavor lovers would be very helpful. Thanks!
    - Oh and I prefer a tank with a 510 tip opening, I have custom tips that I want to retain the use of.
    Kelly

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fidola13

Fidola13 Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Before buying a new tank try out the Vaporesso GT coils I believe they are compatible with that tank. I use those coils and love them.

sara

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    I'll look online to see if they fit the prince.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have used the original crown tank for a year and a half everyday all day. It’s the only tank in operation so it’s gotten used. I use the .5 coils and love them, they taste great and last a long time. Being they’re stainless steel they can be used in power or temp. Control mode. They also offer .25 and 1.2 ohm coils so that covers most vapers. When you buy the tank it comes with one of all the coils so you can find what works best for you before buying a pack. Also since it’s been around a while you can get a tank for under $20 with some searching and the pack of coils for $7-$8 for a pack. I highly recommend the crown tank it’s one of the best tanks ever made in my opinion. That’s why I still use it to this day. It’s hard to switch to something else when you have no complaints. Oh no leaks either and coils last over a month on a regular basis. Good luck with whatever you choose.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I use Tobeco super tank. Easy to buy, comes in 25mm and 22 mm mini. Coils are a dime a dozen...you can get original tobeco coils, aspire coils, melo coils, vaporesso ss316 euc coils.

Coils come in 0.5 ohm, 0.3 ohm, 0.2 ohm, I think I've even seen 1.2 ohm and 1.5 ohm somewhere. You can also rebuild coils , which I'll be doing soon.

Amazing taste, durable, no leaks. Comes in many many colours.

As for the 510 tips, there is a stainless steel adapter available on kanvape that turns the supertank into a 510 type top. Easy peasy!

I have 3 supertanks , 2 in rotation daily, one is a backup.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Thanks, thats what I'm hearing from everyone. The only thing I'm not excited about is that ridge arount the 510 thread, I like my tips to lay pretty flush with the tank top without any jeweled rings etc lol. But it seems like most ppl love this tank. I gave my prince its last chance tonight and I just cannot stand that metallic taste. It just ruins my juice. Even when I find tge sweet spot on the mod it still has this underlying nasty metal or plasticy taste I just hate. I really wanted to like this tank since so many ppl do, I can't imagine why I am getting this nasty taste and nobody else is lol. I have tried multiple juices too and its still there. I have a heightened sense of smell and taste so maybe I am just picking up something others don't. Idk but the prince is more if a from imo.. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    Does it have to be that low of a sub ohm? I experienced that a lot of watts (low ohm) needs more air that, in turn dilutes the vapor. Unless a lot of juice is used to cool the Coil.

I found better flavor at 1-1.2 ohms. The original Crown was pretty good.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    I really don't care what the ohm is as I like very little airflow, I have no interest in big clouds, only big flavor lol..

• Like Like x 1
  9. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    I wasn't able to find any compatibility on any coils for the tfv12 Prince other than their specific coils :( some of the ones you are talking about were compatible with the Tfv12 King so I definitely don't want to order them unless I am sure they will fit.
    If you do find anything online or here thats done that confirming the match please, please let me know! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Now I am finding more and more ppl complaining about residue on smok coild from the tfv8 through the big baby, king snd the prince.. The concensus seems to be that they just aren't breaking in and the oil residue taste is NOT wearing off for some. I happen to be one of those unlucky ppl. So I have to drcide on a new tank to move to that doesn't have this problem. I am not going to make my own lol, I don't have the interest, patience or time, I just want a flavorful tank that I can pop a new primed coil in and go! Something that doesn't gobble up all my juice and doesn't have a burnt or dry hit reputation. I'm just not 100% sold on the crown yet lol..

• Like Like x 1
  11. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  12. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    from the sound of things you are looking for something more in the mouth-to-lung style of tank rather than the big-air-huge-clouds-bro type. i would suggest something like the nautilus, or innokin zenith tanks, they are inexpensive and will be a closer experience to your dct's but in a more modern tank, the airflow is also much tighter and pretty adjustable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Enahs

Enahs New Member

Aug 17, 2017
    I agree. That tank is the all time best tank I have ever used

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Enahs

Enahs New Member

Aug 17, 2017
    The FireLuke tank is the best tank since the CrownV1. Its just higher wattage with amazing flavor. Depending on where you buy it, it comes with the. 15 coil and the RBA section or the .15and some of the higher ohm coils. Not sure. Also comes with expansion glass as well. The tank is amazing .The flavor is just amazing. I'm obsessed with flavor. So if you want flavor....go with the OG Crown or the FireLuke

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The crown tank’s .5 coils are the ones I’ve used for over a year exclusively. The are great for flavor and I close the airflow as far as you can without closing it completely for a nice restrictive hit. I vape at 45-65 watts and it provides a flavorful hit, nice and warm but not hot. It’s worth a try because it can be bought cheap because it’s been around awhile and the coils are also cheap so if you don’t like it your not out much. But it’s really hard not to like such a fantastic tank.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  18. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  19. PugLady

Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Can I just say Thanks for all the helpful advice and info you guys posted! I got the Crown 3 in the mail, I took it completely apart and washed every part (except the coil of course) in Unscented clear dawn soap and extremely hot water, cleaning every nook and cranny by hand with a lil cleaning brush then rinsed it with hot water. I did the same thing with the tfv12 prince tank. I primed both coils, a new M4 for the prince and a new .25 for the crown 3. After running a tank ir so if juice through both tanks I can absolutely say tge Crown 3 wins tge flavor challenge by a landslide! The prince STILL tastes like metal. I know there's no machine oil left in it and I e tried 3 of the 4 different coils made for it at the proper wattage and air flow ratios, I will be selling it in the classified section. I have a very sensitive sense of smell and taste so some of it may be my individual tastes but the crown 3, I can only find 1 complaint: it goes through a fairly high amt of juice. I can deal with that tho if I'm getting the flavor I was meant to from my premium juices.
    Thanks again everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. jbash99

jbash99 Full Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Illinois

• Like Like x 1