Not open for further replies.

J sanchez

Nov 12, 2015
Okay hey guys i have a
Velocity clone from tobeco
And a koopor mini 60w
He4 lg 3.7v 35 amp battery 2500mah

I had my dual twisted 24g at .28 ohms and it was okay but i got bo throat burn
So i tried dual 24g 5 wraps at .33 Sitting on a cotton cloud and i GET A HORRIBLE THROAT BURN
Note:i thought i over dripped it but i dried it out and re did it but it still gave me the burn help

Reccomend any coils with 24g only ty ;(

Reactions: thetrucker

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Okay hey guys i have a
    And a koopor mini 60w

So i tried dual 24g 5 wraps at .33 Sitting on a cotton cloud and i GET A HORRIBLE THROAT BURN
    Note:i thought i over dripped it but i dried it out and re did it but it still gave me the burn help

Not trying to come off as condescending, but how long have you been vaping. I might not be as far along as you, so don't take my comment as harsh.

Hit it hard... get the air flow up and you shouldn't have any issues. Sometimes when I do not draw hard on the drip tip, it does give me a bit of a burn.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    Raise your coil value and lower your watts. Frankly, you're going to have trouble getting there with 24ga wire. A 10 wrap on a 3mm mandrel will give you about .5 ohms, but you'll need just about all the power your mod can make to get the wire hot enough for a lot of vapor. I don't think that will help you. 28 ga is probably a better idea.

J sanchez

Nov 12, 2015
    Hey guys went back to my twisted 24 g SOOO MUCH BETTER but untill
    Raise your coil value and lower your watts. Frankly, you're going to have trouble getting there with 24ga wire. A 10 wrap on a 3mm mandrel will give you about .5 ohms, but you'll need just about all the power your mod can make to get the wire hot enough for a lot of vapor. I don't think that will help you. 28 ga is probably a better idea.

Thnks ill buy some asap but untill then back to twisted 24 and could u recommend me a good juice mine is some cheapo brand i feel this might be the cause of the problem

Reactions: inspects

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    Hey guys went back to my twisted 24 g SOOO MUCH BETTER but untill

Thnks ill buy some asap but untill then back to twisted 24 and could u recommend me a good juice mine is some cheapo brand i feel this might be the cause of the problem
    You may have a point. Some juices are harsh. Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation; I DIY my juice and haven't bought any in years.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Okay hey guys i have a
    And a koopor mini 60w

I say move to 26 or 28 gauge Kanthal and build to about 1 ohm. Back down the watts and you will be much happier.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    Arizona, Ecuador
    I've had good (luck) using 26 ga. six wraps on the Velocity.

Try changing your coil positions too. About level with the deck helps stop spit-back (using cotton).

The Velocity is a good atty, there are all types of configurations available in the large work space. Horizontal coils work nicely too.

Reactions: J sanchez

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Okay hey guys i have a
    And a koopor mini 60w

Turn the watts down.

J sanchez

Nov 12, 2015
    I've had good (luck) using 26 ga. six wraps on the Velocity.

Try changing your coil positions too. About level with the deck helps stop spit-back (using cotton).

The Velocity is a good atty, there are all types of configurations available in the large work space. Horizontal coils work nicely too.
    Thnks for the advice :)

FSimon

Sep 25, 2015
    Mine nic level is 3 but wat should i build with 24 g

Just use the wire you have... don't twist it.. don't braid it... don't do anything :))
    Make 2 identical coils with the 24ga wire maybe on a 2.5mm bit.. and try to make them almost as wide as the air slots for better results.. (more surface area.. less air not hitting the coils) install them.. the closer you position them to the air-slots (the further from the posts) the less throat hit you will get,.. wick them.. and vape. It doesn't matter if it's not below 0.3 ohms.. or if you don't have to ram it with your entire 60 watts.. don't worry :) Rip Trippers aint gonna get mad at you! we won't tell him! :p (JK)

Cheers and good luck.. let us know if you get stuck :)

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2012
    Collinsville,TX
    Just a thought, Koopor Mini 60, could you have it in temp mode by accident? That may cause unpleasantness. Also did you clean the RDA REAL GOOD after you opened it. May have some coolant residue from machining. Tobecco and a host of others do not clean their products. Several methods posted here on ECF. I soak in alcohol then use DAWN, and rinse in hot water, and rinse again, and rinse again.

Reactions: dhood

FSimon

Sep 25, 2015
    The more I read the OP, the more I think he's just referring to getting a nasty throat hit, and not actually a hot vape...
    Like I said in my previous post.. (a few minutes ago) the closer the coils are to the air-slots, the less throat hit you will get.
    And the 'sitting on a cotton cloud' is actually a bad idea.. air needs to be able to wrap your coils all around so if you put cotton under your coils you are effectively blocking your airflow. I know some people do that for certain RDAs.., but with the velocity just use a standard wicking method.. pull the cotton through the coils.. cut the ends just long enough for them to reach down to the bottom of the juice-well and just tuck them in, juice up and vape..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread