need help on micro coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahwest

Sep 30, 2013
san jose, ca
I'm current try to experiment building micro coil and would like to get some help.
I used my frd's atty, it gives really good flavor but not so much of cloud production; with my coil setup, it doesn't give good flavor as my frd's atty did, but more cloud production.... i would to know how to achieve/enhance flavor like my frd's atty.

here is my setup, trident atty with 28g wire, 8wraps on 3/32 drill bit, cotton wick
photo+1.JPG

my frd's atty with 30g wire, 3 wraps on 3/32 drill bit, cotton wick
photo+2.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
I would stick with the coil you have on your set up but use less cotton.You wanna make sure your not choking the wick and also make sure your coil is right in front of your airhole and that airhole is facing away from you when cap is on . Move your coil so its closer to the airhole no so close to the posts and with less cotton this should help :)
When you fire the coil with no wick put the cap on and see if your coil is right in front of the airhole .Then wick with less cotton and you should be getting better results.

Also try wrapping one with 30 gauge wire with 8-10 wraps and see if you like that better.I wrap 28 gauge with 6/7 wrap because I like more heat but this can mute flavor more than say 10 wrap 30 gauge .

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welcome to ECF, Ahwest.

Since this is the New Members area, you may not get many answers on microcoils here. Once you complete 5 posts, you will be allowed to visit and ask your question in the Rebuildable Sub-Forum. You may also need to wait for the server to reset (it resets every hour).

Although I've done some RBAs myself, I know next to nothing about micro coils. Hope that helps.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
Smaller diameter heats up faster .I will check to see what mine is.I use pink needle from wizardlabs .I just need to check what size it is .Be right back :)

Ok its about .055 .What are you wrapping on? I use a 16 gauge needle from Wizardlabs and a 14 gauge too but find these days I prefer a 5/6 or 6/7 wrap on the 16 gauge with 28 gauge wire .

Last edited:

Trumps

Sep 27, 2013
California
From my experience with micro coils they take a while to heat up on mechs.
My current build is a dual micro nano coils on a helios what I do is take a little nail
That you would use to hang a picture some 28awg kanthal and do 9 wraps it should hit
Like 0.7ohms . I recommend you open up both sides of the trident the vapor should be
There with minimal lag also vg always make huge clouds. Also make sure your batterys
Can hang with the amp draw.

Trumps

Sep 27, 2013
California
1380533030124.jpg here's my current set up

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Dragon Coil Build

Try that link as well. That is what I am currently running and I love it.

Yes, check out the Dragon Build thread. Did a micro, while producing quick great vape, the wick couldn't keep up. Stumbled across this thread and gave it a shot. No more worries about putting the wick through the micro coil. I did a vertical mount, since I have the Russian rba, with the air intake hole under the coil. Surround the coil with cotton, and you are erupting. Mine is the Nano Volcano Dragon build. It's a micro without threading the eye of the dragon, so to speak. lol.

I used a 1/16" drill bit to do the wrap, worked perfect for aiding my mount. Many are going smaller, using a paper clip or needle to wrap their wire. Think the rba you are using will determine your needs. What I like about it, need to replace wick, pull out old, place new around it, saturate with juice, good to go. No cuss, no fuss. Plus the fact that it rocks!!! Take me on a rocket ride!! lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread