Need help on purchasing 2 new VV mods, what do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big spuds

Mar 28, 2014
Birmingham, uk
So ive been gradually building up my collection of vaping bits n bobs. Recently my innokin SVD bit the dust, so i'm looking for a replacement for my collection. I have become a bit of a magpie and need/want to try everything. I want a new VV vaporiser maybe 2 and im looking for suggestions. I have tried lots of different tanks/cartomizers and Im happy with what I have.

I have
1 x aspire nautilus
3 x iclear 30
1 x iclear X1
1 x iclear 30s
4 x DCT
1 x kanger areotank
1 x kanger protank
2 x kayfuns
1 x trident dripper
1 x vivi nova
1 x mini vivi nova
20+ ce4's ce5's and ce6's (for work)
7 x various pen style batteries (twists/lcds/big/small)
3 other tanks i cant even remember what they are called.
1 x vamo
1 x stingray mod
1 x nemesis
Just lost my innokin SVD

I make my own juice, my own coils ect. I have all 8 x 18650 batteries 35amp compatable.

So what next? I dont want to pay provari prices (just yet) but i would like another 2 or so mods to add to my collection. Please suggestions and pros/cons welcome.

I am thinking about a smok SID, or a Zmax or a Sigelei? open to other suggestions!

20140518_195318.jpg 20140504_092824.jpg

Thanks in Advance.:)

Robmidi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Fresno, CA, USA
I've been using a Sigelei 20 watt for about a month now and, even though it's only VW, it is outstanding. Up until I got it, I was exclusively using a Sigelei Zmax V5 (VV/VW), which is also very nice. The V5 I only use on VV, due to the chip putting out PWM. I love the V5, and in conjunction with a Protank Aero, or Aspire ET-S, it provides plenty of vape and flavor. When I acquired the 20 Watt, I compared the two in the wattage mode and because of the DC output of the 20 watt, it was like night and day. I cannot use the V5 in the watts mode and get the same result as the 20 Watt. It's the "pulse" thing of the V5 chip.

When I filled an Aerotank with Zeus Juice and put it on the 20 watt, the flavor level went up to "WOW!" The other thing I like about the 20 Watt is, like an Evic, it shows the whole "dashboard" at a glance. Resistance of attached vaping device, watts (and corresponding voltage it adjusts to to deliver the watts desired), battery life (both as a "progress bar" and in volts). The control, therefore is basically 1. On and Off and 2. Watts increase or decrease (which is effected by an accelerometer). It has a range of 7 to 20 watts and .5 ohms to 5 ohms, but P. Busardo's Youtube video review demonstrated the ability only to fire down to .65 ohms. This doesn't affect me as I don't sub-ohm.

It has a nice matte stainless finish, which is easier to maintain. My wife had a SID VV/VW mod and all the threads were always turning black because it is aluminium. The 20 Watt is slightly heavier than the V5, but it seems solid. I've dropped it a few times with no effect (fingers crossed).

Another option could be the Seven-22 mod, which can be "googled" or seen on Rip Tripper's Youtube review. If you don't mind carrying around something close in size to a MagLite Flashlight (not quite, although you coulddefend yourself with it.

The Sigelei V5 is about $69, the 20 Watt (SX200) about $120, as is the Seven-22.

Hope some of this might helpful. Happy Vaporizing!

Robmidi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Fresno, CA, USA
I've been using a Sigelei 20 watt for about a month now and, even though it's only VW, it is outstanding. Up until I got it, I was exclusively using a Sigelei Zmax V5 (VV/VW), which is also very nice. The V5 I only use on VV, due to the chip putting out PWM. I love the V5, and in conjunction with a Protank Aero, or Aspire ET-S, it provides plenty of vape and flavor. When I acquired the 20 Watt, I compared the two in the wattage mode and because of the DC output of the 20 watt, it was like night and day. I cannot use the V5 in the watts mode and get the same result as the 20 Watt. It's the "pulse" thing of the V5 chip.

When I filled an Aerotank with Zeus Juice and put it on the 20 watt, the flavor level went up to "WOW!" The other thing I like about the 20 Watt is, like an Evic, it shows the whole "dashboard" at a glance. Resistance of attached vaping device, watts (and corresponding voltage it adjusts to to deliver the watts desired), battery life (both as a "progress bar" and in volts). The control, therefore is basically 1. On and Off and 2. Watts increase or decrease (which is effected by an accelerometer). It has a range of 7 to 20 watts and .5 ohms to 5 ohms, but P. Busardo's Youtube video review demonstrated the ability only to fire down to .65 ohms. This doesn't affect me as I don't sub-ohm.

It has a nice matte stainless finish, which is easier to maintain. My wife had a SID VV/VW mod and all the threads were always turning black because it is aluminium. The 20 Watt is slightly heavier than the V5, but it seems solid. I've dropped it a few times with no effect (fingers crossed).

Another option could be the Seven-22 mod, which can be "googled" or seen on Rip Tripper's Youtube review. If you don't mind carrying around something close in size to a MagLite Flashlight (not quite, although you could defend yourself with it.

The Sigelei V5 is about $69, the 20 Watt (SX200) about $120, as is the Seven-22.

Hope some of this might helpful. Happy Vaporizing!

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
I can't imagine using 20 watts either. 9 or 10 is as high as I've gone, and was with Ry4, 555, or honey flue cured juices.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
This was true for me too, a while back until I started building my own coils and wicks. Now...I never go below 12.5 watts or so. Usually I hang at 13 or 14 for higher resistance (1.5 ohms and above). Below 12 and the flavors are muted for me..kind of boring......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread