Need help placing my coil in my Infinite Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
I have been having the hardest time placing my coils made of 28g Kanthal in my Magma clone. Whether it is the coil not going in the post holes at all or the coil facing up. Idk if it is my leads being too long or just due to my janky coil building skills but it frustrates the heck outta me. It could also be to my shaky hands. I find that the posts are too far away but I dunno. Either way I need pointers on placing coils into the post holes.s

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
You keep the coil wrapped around the screwdriver or whatever rod you wound it on while you are placing the coil, correct?

With the magma I position my coil centered over the air hole sitting on the deck. Once I have tightened down the post screws I gently pinch the coil to the screwdriver so it can't deform as I reposition it then gently raise it off the deck. When the coil is placed properly I remove the screwdriver and do any hot work with my ceramic tweezers.

It is a lot easier to get your leads into the post holes if you have one of them longer before you tighten down + clip.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread