Need Help Rebuilding With Resistance - No Resistance - Resistance Wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestonG91

Apr 10, 2014
UK
Hey,

I was having some trouble rebuilding protank heads with 32 gauge kanthal including burnt grommets, shorts, overheating etc. Someone on here recommended I try some resistance - no resistance - resistance wire. I just received 50 pre-cut 1.8Ohm wires in the post. The length is about 2inch resistance - 2inch no resistance - 2inch resistance. I'm just not sure how to go about rebuilding with it. I'd guess that the no resistance wire should be the negative end... but that would leave me with 2inch of resistance wire to wrap and thread as a positive end.

Like I said, I'm really not sure how to wrap a coil with it. If someone could give me a quick step by step on how to use this wire to wrap a 1.8Ohm coil on a protank head, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

P.S I think the wire is about 28 gauge but I'm not 100% sure here's a link: Pre Made Resistance - No Resistance Wires x 50

WestonG91

Apr 10, 2014
UK
The resistance wire is in the middle. You wrap the midde around whatever you're using for the wick, then use the no resistance at the ends for the positive and negative connections, does'nt matter which, and cut off the excess. That's it.
Wow. I feel dumb lol. Wrapped it, snipped it... reads 1.8 and vapes just fine. Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread