Need help selecting a good VARIETY of tobacco flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogMann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I am making my shopping list to start DIY. There's another thread on favorite flavoring by vendor which will be a huge help in picking non-tobacco flavors. However, I would like to pick a half dozen or so different tobacco flavors. I want to get a good variety of fairly different tobacco types. I know I should get an RY4 and a 555. If I just start picking by name, I may end up with several that are very similar...don't want that. So, can anyone recommend six or so tobaccos that offer fairly different tastes? I know there are probably dozens, but I need to start somewhere and keep this within a reasonable budget (for now)

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
I have Flavour Art, TFA and Flavor West tobaccos from onestop. Start at 1% on Flavour Art
FA cowboy blend Light, dry with a hint of honey
FA desert ship is a turkish tobacco
FA latakia cured tobacco and oak wood fire smoked
FA mellow sunset is mild with a light licorice note
FA virginia is light and aromatic
TFA DK tobacco base is a good start for 555 (not a natural tobacco)
TFA RY4 Double Flavor is the best of the RY4's (not a natural tobacco)
TFA tobacco blend (pg) contains tobacco absolute
TFA M type is fashioned after the cigarette that starts with an M
FW Courmarin Pipe, Honey Wood and Maple Rum tobaccos....still working on those.

I just started using Seedman. Commercial, Captain Black, Light, English and Virginia Fire Cured.

And I started making my own extractions which you can read about here

Hope that helps :)

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was about to jump in with some recommendations but it looks like mecocina has it covered. Take 2 ea. of light, medium and dark tobacco flavors and take 1 ea. from opposite ends of the spectrum. So the Virginia, Carolina, Honey Cured and specialty TB's like Oba-Oba would be light. The flue cured, commercial and M-type would be medium. Dk Tab, Burley, Cpt. Black and Perique would be heavy and dark. A lot to choose from, I know and there are lots of concentrates which are the same under different names. I think the Dk TB and D-RY4 would be good choices. Hangsen Red IMHO is the best of the M-types. Black Honey TB is always good.

Good luck with your choices. It can be a lot of fun mixing and matching concentrates to find your own all day vape.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I agree...........

Me too. I haven't tried that many Hangsens, but for cig-like flavors I'm really loving theirs: RY1, T5, and Fortune Strike (from ECX).

I'm sure many of the people around here have tried more tobaccos than I have, but I will say that when I started trying to make tobacco juices I tried a lot of FA and TFA (and some FW), and it was mostly frustrating. There were some OK ones, but more bad ones. I've had much better luck since I started using the SC and Hangsen flavors. For variety, here are some that I really like:

Cig flavors: Hangsen RY1, T5, Fortune Strike. SC MLB, Piece, B&H.
Something a bit darker/richer: SC Winston Churchill, Dunhill.
Pipe: SC French Pipe (from VZ or ECX, both are good) or Hansen Pipe.
Chocolate tobacco: SC black and Mild. (This one is not one of my favorites, but many others seem to love it).

Then, for variety, I'd add a RY4 and a 555... I can't come up with any great recommendations there though.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For a really great tobacco experience NET's ( naturally extracted tobaccos ) are superb. You can buy them from vendor's like MYvapejuice or you can easily make your own extracts from cigars and pipe tobacco. Once you taste a recipe with something like Green River Black Cavendish you'll never want to put your PV down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread