Need help to figure out why I'm getting burnt hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesePizza

May 28, 2015
Hi all!! I wasn't sure where to post this so i hope this is the right place. I've been building my own coils and juice for awhile now but have not been able to figure this out and I'm finally determined to figure out what the problem is.

I'm using a kbox 120w, coils are 26g between 0.3-0.8ohms, juice is typically 60/40 vg/pg. If I run my battery any higher than 25w, i get burnt hits. I've tried playing with ohm's, i was making my juice at 70/30 and switched to 60/40 because I thought the juice was too thick. When I still got the burnt hits, I thought I'm using too much cotton so I started cutting the cotton shorter but still.....I cant go higher than 25w. I'm at a loss, I have no idea what else to try. I feel like I should be able to run my battery much higher than this.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
@CheesePizza
please can you give more details on build and equipment you are using.
rda, rta/ which one? Internal ID of your coils? Post a pic if you can.
If your coils are good and positioned not too high off the deck, airflow might be lacking?
What builds have you tried? Do you have any 28 awg wire to try instead of 26 awg?

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Yeah! give us the atty and id of your coils!

Sometimes a burnt hit could be where you've possibly not wicked snug enough and you have a gap between one of your coils wraps and the wick, you can also get burnt hit if you wick to tight but then you would see this on the wick.
You can also get dry hit's if you make your coil id to small which can also lead to a burnt hit.
Just thought i'd throw this out there aswell...I have an rta that doesn't quite screw down into my regulated mod properly at times and will work its way loose, this will cause the resistance of the coils to alter and in turn give me a burnt hit!

Reactions: Taowulf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread