Need Help to Find Absolute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I want to try a simple juice, 18 mg/ml VG + a tobacco flavor.
Has anyone ordered from
Sumara Botana tobacco Absolute
Nicotiana rustica
Plant Part: Leaves
Extraction: Absolute
Growing Practice: Ethical
Country of Origin: Spain
Am I going to need very much, if you've tried it what is it like? Just ordered 2ml for now. $9
I also found this company, BiogenicStimulants.com
They have a tobacco absolute
that's called Nicotiana tabacum , but am not sure if this is what I want/ was not sure of geographic source. This one much cheaper, 10 ml for 9.95
What is a good source for tobacco absolutes, essential oils, what to use? Or do I use a combination of tobacco derived flavors. Hard to find.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Thanks for your help, bearscreek, I did read all through that, ethyl maltol seemed like a good addition but they have a little trouble mixing it (for smoothing). So I guess I'll just have to guess, I just want a very mild tobacco flavor, no frills, so to speak. Little more than the VG+nic. Have been using JC but they went away from the "real" tobacco flavors and added more PG to their non-PG mix. Vg alone isn't bad, I think I could stand that, but a little boring. PG kills me.

NOTE: Did get another response from "misty" and assured me the maltol mixes ok, just as you said bearscreek. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Ok, but still unclear how to mix ethyl maltol into a dissolved liquid form, but have left a post on "best attempt.." this is a first for me, but think it will be ok! So far ingredients are super cheap, including the 36mg VG. Much less than my usual order for 4 - 30ml bottles of JC. If worse comes to worst, I can always mix in my JC to cover myself flavor wise, but those tobacco flavors are pretty strong to me, way too much vanilla, 30% PG, and as I said, not made with real tobacco anymore. I like things to be "real"! Thanks for your help! Do you mix all of your own juice?

Last edited:

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
Do you mix all of your own juice?

Oh, no, not at all. I've tried things here and there, but I really don't think the Lorann's flavors that I like (coffee for instance) like my atomizers, so I really don't mix much at all. I think the mixture we were discussing above isn't too bad, though. I keep myself pretty well stocked on cheap Chinese juices. :)

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Ok, but still unclear how to mix ethyl maltol into a dissolved liquid form, but have left a post on "best attempt.." this is a first for me, but think it will be ok! So far ingredients are super cheap, including the 36mg VG. Much less than my usual order for 4 - 30ml bottles of JC. If worse comes to worst, I can always mix in my JC to cover myself flavor wise, but those tobacco flavors are pretty strong to me, way too much vanilla, 30% PG, and as I said, not made with real tobacco anymore. I like things to be "real"! Thanks for your help! Do you mix all of your own juice?

I'm on the same quest. Those deserty flavors from LorAnn's that I've been mixing into PG+VG (50/50) with my "chemistry set" are nice ... but I like a tobacco flavor (solo like Marlboro or Winston ... or gussied up like, 555, Hilton, RY4, mentholated, etc.) for most of my vaping.

According to Nuck's recipe, it seems that the ethyl maltol from Perfumer's Apprentice aready is in a dissolved liquid form. It's the menthol crystals* that need to be disolved ... and the tobacco absolute that needs to be dilluted.

* Since I'm lazy, I'm just going to use a pre-liquified form menthol, either the Mentol Drops from Juicy Liquid or the Menthone from Perfumer's Apprentice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread