Need help with cartomizer airflow 510->901 adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawcho

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm using a 510 prodigy v2 with a kr8 cartomizer. I have a 510-901 adapter i purchased from madvapes. I am getting very poor airflow using this setup, however there does seem to be some holes on the threads of this adapter, regardless i am still getting terrible airflow.

Whats weird is I have a 901 protege that has no holes in the threads and the airflow from this is perfect.

So any tips or tricks to get this thing flowing better? I don't have a dremel drill or whatever so I cant poke more holes.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Seems the V2 has an adapter of it's own design. It lacks the 4 notches like typical 510 connectors. But I don't know if this is significant.

PRODV2ADAPT-2T.jpg

The adapter I got got from AltSmoke looks like this. Does yours?
363_20091120094302_2.jpg

If anything the draw is too easy. If yours looks the same the first step would be to check the air holes in the threads (I have 2). Find a small enough needle (one that fits rather tight would be best and I'd clip off the point) and make sure they go all the way through into the cavity and are completely unobstructed. There is also a chance the silicone insulator is blocking them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread