Need help with first coil - AGA-T2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Hi - I hope I'm in the right place :blush: I've been vaping for about 6mo. and am ready to take the plunge into RBAs. I built my first coil this morning: 32g kanthal, mesh that came with AGA-T2, 3 wraps pulsed on a gg clone.

The coils light up evenly, it vapes with an okay taste - no metal but kinda tastes like 'new carto', lots of vapor BUT I get the "atomizer short" message on my eVic and an E1 on my ProVari. Any ideas why?

TIA ;)

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Sucess! Sort of .... 4 wraps gives me .09ohm and the ProVari will fire it - again, tastes good, lots of vapor, still need to drill out the air hole but ... what do I have to do to get a 1.2 to a 1.5? I'm guessing more wraps but should I be using a different gauge kanthal? This one is 32.

Thanks again :)

BatKing

Mar 24, 2013
United States
u don't want to go higher ohm. What u want is to stick to the lower end of what the Provari can handle. Lower ohm heat up the coil faster and u don't need the 2nd draw to taste your e-juice on a genny atty. for me I make all my Genny Atty on Regulated device about 1.1 to 1.2 ohm and on Mechinical device, I make the coil about 0.7 to 0.8 ohm.

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
u don't want to go higher ohm. What u want is to stick to the lower end of what the Provari can handle. Lower ohm heat up the coil faster and u don't need the 2nd draw to taste your e-juice on a genny atty. for me I make all my Genny Atty on Regulated device about 1.1 to 1.2 ohm and on Mechinical device, I make the coil about 0.7 to 0.8 ohm.

Hey BatKing,

Thanks for the reply. What are you using to get the 1.1 / 1.2?

BatKing

Mar 24, 2013
United States
on AGA-T, for the wick size, I will say 30 awg wire 4 wraps should give you 1.1 to 1.2 ohm. I am using 28 awg 4 wraps and this gives me about 0.8 ohm. But I saw you said you was using 32 awg 4 wraps. This should give u about 1.6 ohm. but you was getting 0.9 ohm only? are you sure you roll enough mesh? otherwise, this seems there is a short to me. What I usually did was using the PetarK method. before I insert the mesh wick, I check the ohm with the coil only. This way I know there is a short if the value decrease after the wick is inserted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread