Need help with my juice/tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzington

Jun 16, 2019
Hi guys so I am pretty new to vaping and I have a smok v fin 160W device with an Aspire Cleito Pro tank. The guy at the shop told me to use only 100% VG juice in it which i have been but I have some bottles of 70PG/30VG juice and it looks a lot thinner so I was wondering If I can still use the juice with my device and not waste a coil. Thanks so much

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Hi guys so I am pretty new to vaping and I have a smok v fin 160W device with an Aspire Cleito Pro tank. The guy at the shop told me to use only 100% VG juice in it which i have been but I have some bottles of 70PG/30VG juice and it looks a lot thinner so I was wondering If I can still use the juice with my device and not waste a coil. Thanks so much
The store clerk was likely fending off any leaking complaints. The more PG in a juice, the more it will flow easily, be it through the wick roo the coil, or, out the air flow below. Chain vaping, as it'll heat up the juice in the tank too, can make this worse. Higher PG will also add more "throat hit' or harshness to the vspe,.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Welcome. Only use 100% Vg? Am I missing something in my time as a vaper and there are stock coils that specifically require only 100% VG? Please correct me someone if those coils are only made for 100% VG, otherwise I label the person giving that advice either a ..... or a crook selling fake coils that leak like sieves.
Edit..a word has been somehow deleted and replaced here with .... I never swore nor used any type of expletive so am a bit perplexed as to why its not showing up. So rather than replace it, ill let it stand and say the same, nothing bad and have seen plenty worse let slide and stand.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome. Only use 100% Vg? Am I missing something in my time as a vaper and there are stock coils that specifically require only 100% VG? Please correct me someone if those coils are only made for 100% VG, otherwise I label the person giving that advice either a ..... or a crook selling fake coils that leak like sieves.
    Edit..a word has been somehow deleted and replaced here with .... I never swore nor used any type of expletive so am a bit perplexed as to why its not showing up. So rather than replace it, ill let it stand and say the same, nothing bad and have seen plenty worse let slide and stand.

Your not missing a thing Vapedog. A coil is a coil and the salesperson was a :censored: idiot!!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Starting out with 100% VG may be a good idea. I suspect new vapors would find unflavored (VG only) non offensive as apposed to vaping some tobacco mix that does not taste like the tobacco taste your expecting. I vape 100% unflavored here and loving it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    If a tank or coil is likely to leak, then using a thinner (more Pg than Vg) e-liquid may make it even more likely to leak.

I've not heard of any tank or coil with which it is recommended to use a 100% vg e-liquid. That sounds pretty fishy.

On the other hand, I usually vape a 100% vg or vg heavy (30pg/70vg) e-liquid. Vaping any liquid with more than 30% pg would be too harsh for me (too much throat hit).

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Gosh you should be fine and 70% VG is actually pretty high.

I can also ALMOST guarantee that you don't have "max VG" in your tank. That would be 100% VG and flavors for the most part come in VG, so I'm pretty sure you aren't vaping 100% VG. I mean, 85% MAYBE.

"Max VG is a misnomer for the cloud chuckers who don't realize they have flavoring and hence a certain AMOUNT of VG. Unless your salesperson said all the flavors were VG too (and I am betting he didn't) you don't have 100% VG in there anyway. More like 85 or so probably.

Good luck, play around but you should be fine.

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Gosh you should be fine and 70% VG is actually pretty high.

I can also ALMOST guarantee that you don't have "max VG" in your tank. That would be 100% VG and flavors for the most part come in VG, so I'm pretty sure you aren't vaping 100% VG. I mean, 85% MAYBE.

"Max VG is a misnomer for the cloud chuckers who don't realize they have flavoring and hence a certain AMOUNT of VG. Unless your salesperson said all the flavors were VG too (and I am betting he didn't) you don't have 100% VG in there anyway. More like 85 or so probably.

Good luck, play around but you should be fine.

Anna
    Think he mentioned 70pg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    TrollDragon, thanks for posting the video... I no longer go to local shops (order everything online)
    Kenzington, welcome! Good people here and lots of good advice. I'm still fairly new to all this (vape to quit smoking) but have learned so much. Besides devices and coils, learn about juices (e-liquids) Also, find a list of vape terms... the "lingo" can be confusing. Persoanlly I do MTL with an AIO device using a 0.6 sub-ohm or 1.2 ohm coil and like 65 VG/35 PG juice at 12 mg nic (that was an example of the lingo) First time I went into the local shop I was a total sucker... sold me crappy little device and the worst tasting juice I ever had! Next trip I needed coils for my little device and they pulled out a cardboard box with loose coils from a "bulk" order (not official coils... total junk) and 3 out of seven didn't work at all... shorted. The few that did work were not the resistance I wanted (I simply didn't know what i wanted) Once again... welcome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread