need help with Riva 901 batteries biting the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I bought 2 kits about 4 months ago. Have tried both chargers.

1 lights up but does nothing. it won't fire an atty

1 won't charge. no blinking light when i screw it in to either charger

3rd one auto fires when i screw in an atomizer. it was fine earlier today

1 is on the charger and hopefully it will work. it's my last one

I already returned one (that makes 5 batteries) that was auto firing the first week i got the kits.

your kits are a bargain, but not if they don't hold up. I only tried 2 atties in the first kit. The draw was so bad I gave up on them. I don't mean to complain or be a hard .... I'd just like to know what's going on with these kits, so should I count my losses and cross Riva off my recommend list?

is there anything I can do to fix these batteries? I use 901 LR atties.

thx

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I'm sorry for the trouble. The Riva 901 was manufactured by Eastmall. We no longer order from EM, as we've been displeased with their QC. There products were usually very high quality, but they failed to maintain that. 4 months off a battery isnt bad. But six is so much better ;) It also depends how much you use them... Most of these batteries are only rated for 300 cycles.

Our new Riva 510's come from smok Tech, and have already proven much more reliable. We have several orders in production now, and it will be a few weeks before I can look at ordering the 901's. We may not even re-stock them. We are still discussing it. If there is a lot of interest in the Riva 901, this would be a good place to speak your mind.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
thank you for getting back to me. i was afraid of that. have you found any way to fix these things or where the weak point is? the 2nd set was only opened about a month ago. I have a friend that can dismantle them and have a looksee to see if they can be revived. it seems such a shame to ditch them when i know they must have good batteries in them. I have a P18 also, but i prefer a 901 connection.

let me know if you know of any how to's with these things. I don't come online often, but i have an email subscription to this thread so i'll check back.

appreciate your help!

I'm sorry for the trouble. The Riva 901 was manufactured by Eastmall. We no longer order from EM, as we've been displeased with their QC. There products were usually very high quality, but they failed to maintain that. 4 months off a battery isnt bad. But six is so much better ;) It also depends how much you use them... Most of these batteries are only rated for 300 cycles.

Our new Riva 510's come from Smok Tech, and have already proven much more reliable. We have several orders in production now, and it will be a few weeks before I can look at ordering the 901's. We may not even re-stock them. We are still discussing it. If there is a lot of interest in the Riva 901, this would be a good place to speak your mind.

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Sorry to hear that you might discontinue the Riva 901. I bought a couple of kits from you some time ago and they are still performing well for their age. I had hoped to get more soon as I'm only interested in KR808 compatible gear. Adaptors are just one more piece to keep track of. I was also going to order some more 901 atomizers for dripping, but now I don't know.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
thank you for getting back to me. i was afraid of that. have you found any way to fix these things or where the weak point is? the 2nd set was only opened about a month ago. I have a friend that can dismantle them and have a looksee to see if they can be revived. it seems such a shame to ditch them when i know they must have good batteries in them. I have a P18 also, but i prefer a 901 connection.

let me know if you know of any how to's with these things. I don't come online often, but i have an email subscription to this thread so i'll check back.

appreciate your help!

Could be something simple like loose wiring, or weak solder points. Or... it could be something more like a damaged PCB. Neither should be too difficult to remedy, provided you've a steady hand, and can work a soldering iron. We normally stock EGO-T electronics sets, which would make for a good transplant. Probably be fun anyway, to let your inner MacGyver out.

I just saw that you arestill well stocked on Riva 901 batteries, so everything's good! Hopefully, their quality will be as good as the ones in my original kits.

Yep. Still got spares in stock. The 510 is just so much more popular these days. It is available from a large number of manufacturers, which adds to the versatility of the device. Many new products are also released as 510 compatible. This makes it easy to try new things, and helps maintain backwards compatibility.

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Yep. Still got spares in stock. The 510 is just so much more popular these days. It is available from a large number of manufacturers, which adds to the versatility of the device. Many new products are also released as 510 compatible. This makes it easy to try new things, and helps maintain backwards compatibility.

I placed an order for some new Riva 901 batts and attys. I guess I'm stubborn but I'm happy with my KR808s and Riva 901s. I really don't need the latest and greatest. Especially if it means adding more paraphernalia in the form of an adaptor to make it compatible with what I already have.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i wish i liked 510 atomizers. it's hit or miss for me on 306's. had them hit great and others hit too hard for me. CE2's are ok, but a cooler vapor, even with a 2.6. Right now i'm digging my P18 with plain old 510 carto's at 5 volts, but i love 901's the best. dripping flavor!

my inner mcgyver totally sux lol. my hands are just too bad, but my friend can have a look at them. I'll send them up to NY in my next care package to him to let him play with them. Hopefully someone will come out with a native 901 topper or a good set. I'll order some 808d batteries and see if they haven't gone downhill with QC. those were always pretty decent.

thx again IYS!

frisco

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Asheville
I hope you keep stocking the 901Riva. It is my preference hands down. I have tried a lot of others and just don't like the 510. My juice does not taste as good. I've also gotten a lot of people started on the 901 Riva and I'd hate to have to try and explain it all over again. Is there a US manufacturer making any of these batteries? I think most people would be willing to pay a bit extra if the quality was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread